Future of wPvP, shoud ED get involved?

90 Night Elf Death Knight
How do the changes affect world pvp that isn't ganking?
Reply Quote

Wanting the best PvP gear to be equivalent to the best PvE gear is being a drama queen?

Go troll emeralddrama, I hear you're right popular there.

A guild getting lucky enough to have heroic gear won't be safe from your zerg. Since when did gear really matter to the average <Warsong Battalion> player? Be realistic before you even speak here. This is ED, not Illidan.

That's like saying I should never have a shot at driving a Ferrari because the average joe drives a Nissan.

I like ganking in style brah. Also, solo ganks are the most satisfying.
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Áyllin

There is this type of whiner on the server called "raider." They like to do their PvE daylies in contested areas and not be attacked. They believe PvP should only happen when they agree to it. Basically, the poor souls picked the wrong server type. They have been QQing to Blizzard and unsubbing because the stress of unexpected PvP was more than they could bare.

Fixed that for you.
Edited by Crunchybacon on 3/28/2013 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
But Mommy, that PVEer had a higher iLevel than me! It's not faaaaaiiiirrr
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Áyllin

There is this type of douchebags on the server called "gankers." They like to attack people doing daylies when their health is at 50% or less just to blow all their CC and CD on their targets. It's been working well so far against raiders. Now they are scared a raider at 50% HP may beat them up, so now they are making threads hoping Blizzard won't ruin their fun.

Right I know what a ganker is but some of the stuff I was reading in this thread were people upset because guild group v guild group wpvp was dead. The only thing I see it affecting is people ganking.

If that's the case why are people upset? What am I missing?
Reply Quote

They all have this stupid idea that raiding guilds will carry their rival pvp guilds and give them Heroic Gear for free.

All the PvPers make fun of us PvE folk, why would we carry them anywhere?
Reply Quote

All the PvPers make fun of us PvE folk, why would we carry them anywhere?

I dunno, but the other option, WPvP guilds doing heroic raiding themselves, seems more stupid and unrealistic.

eh generally good pvpers make for good raiders, raiding is all about awareness and character control
Reply Quote

Fixed that for you.

and you think pvp should only happen when you have the gear advantage.

For God sakes, are you so scared of dying even when you as a rogue always picks up the fights?

You're missing the point. Blizz just shat on PvP gear "progression". We were promised 512 gear after 27k CPs.

Gear designed for a specific segment of the game, should be BiS in that segment. On a PvP server, that should be PvP gear in wpvp.

No one's afraid dying dude, that's a moot point, quit harping on it, it derails the subject.
Edited by Crunchybacon on 3/28/2013 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warrior

and you think pvp should only happen when you have the gear advantage.

For God sakes, are you so scared of dying even when you as a rogue always picks up the fights?

You're missing the point. Blizz just shat on PvP gear "progression". We were promised 512 gear after 27k CPs.

Gear designed for a specific segment of the game, should be BiS in that segment. On a PvP server, that should be PvP gear in wpvp.

No one's afraid dying dude, that's a moot point, quit harping on it, it derails the subject.

Don't argue with Áyllin, it never goes anywhere.
Reply Quote

Don't argue with Áyllin, it never goes anywhere.

Roger that, chalk it up to bored @work syndrome.

Appreciate the advice none-the-less :)

Anyway, it's time to get off this slave ship, see you boys on IoT.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Áyllin, The Forum Hero. I see you're starving for attention, you practically reply to your own posts. I just checked your achieves out of curiosity. You're neither good at PvE or PvP. Get good at something before thinking anyone is going to take you serious. It seems every post I click on you have left a diarrhea trail up and down it.

I can tell just by reading some of your crap that you are a closet WSB fanboy and a huge rogue hater. It seems you are so focused on the two thats what you are basing your opinion on about the subject.

Why should the gear you get from arenas and RBGs be the BIS for WPvP? WPvP is something we all do.

Why should PvP gear be best in World Player vs Player you asked. LOL Grow a brain, its not difficult to figure out why. Wpvp isnt something we all do, only people on pvp servers do wpvp.

Crunchybacon seems to be laying down some pretty straight foward truthful stuff and all you are doing is derailing.

They are not good pvpers at all. All they do is zerg, gank and cap point every week.

This is you still focused on WSB ^ What was said is that PvPers make good PvEers. Ive never seen a good pvp be bad at PvE. Its pretty much impossible. Take a Gladiator of any class, I bet they would be the best DPS/Heals/Tank you have ever seen in PvE.

The only thing that is going to change is the amount of time the pve heros are able to backpeddle around. They are still gonna get ganked.
Edited by Hectic on 3/28/2013 4:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyophYBP_w4
Reply Quote
what I dont understand is the amount of QQ over this. in truth how many heroic raiders does this server REALLY have to make this an issue?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]