flying in pandaria

85 Human Paladin
Has there been any word on if/when we will be allowed to fly in pandaria before reaching level 90? I had 3 90s within the first month of Pandaria and haven't raised a char above 86 since because I can't stand not being able to fly.

I understand why they did it. Pandaria is a pretty cool continent. But we've seen it, many of us several times now. Even WLK allowed flight before level cap. Of course it eventually went to heirloom flight and then full flight.

I was wondering if we could look forward to that in MOP too. Please and thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Blizzard makes flying for low levels in Pandaria possible then there will be toasters thrown and no one will be safe.

This I vow.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
03/28/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Kelvv
toasters

Let me get my lunch first.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Most of my alts stayed in Halfhill getting XP from mobs on the farm (very little) and quests in that area and some made it to 90. Some are still growing veggies.

They're alts. Really not a big deal. With the myriad ways to get elsewhere, I'm ok with them not flying. I don't like doing DW on foot but there's some built in help for non-fliers there.

But I won't be opposed to heirloom flying even it it'll cost twice as much for them to fly in Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I can understand them wanting to force ground mounts for a person's first character. But as low as the XP is for each quest, once you've leveled once, you should be able to fly with the rest of your Alts.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
This is how it's worked with every xpac. They shouldn't implement flying for lower levels.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
This is how it's worked with every xpac. They shouldn't implement flying for lower levels.

BC: could not fly until level cap
WLK: could not fly until 70% through, then immediately for repeaters, then immediately for all
Cata: everybody could fly from 20 levels below pre-existing level cap

In what way does 33% equal "every"?
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
See this 86? It is the 4th 86 that I have now. Leveling in Pandaria, no matter which method(s) I opt, makes me want to throw up. I start off at 85 well-intended, then...well, let's just say I shrug my shoulders and give up on the grind-fest that is now 85-90 leveling.

I'm waiting for the patch that gives out the flying option in Panda-land to alts who are level 85-89+.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
After doing the Hozen quests in Jade Forest several times, I didn't do them on my latest past 85 alt, and took the round-about way to run to Halfhill. I just couldn't stomach doing them again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I don't mind it at all. Another place to show off and experiment with ground mounts.

Cheers.

^^

I finished leveling my 2nd 90 on Monday (had the day off). Sure, when I got there, first thing I did was teach him flying... but I had no problems with not having, even 2nd time through.

Personally, I think the artwork in Pandaria is the best so far (just ahead of Northrend). I don't mind seeing it "up close and personal" at all. People who want to ignore all of that for the purpose of speed-leveling a toon just don't appreciate what they have.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Update for those still wanting a bump for leveling:

85-90 is getting a 33% experience nerf.

No flying or BoA's, but it'll take two-thirds the time it did to level before :)
Reply Quote
03/28/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Dushkup
Has there been any word on if/when we will be allowed to fly in pandaria before reaching level 90?

*Shakes magic 8 ball*
"6.0"

Well, the magic 8 ball has spoken.

and haven't raised a char above 86 since because I can't stand not being able to fly.
Well, maybe the 33% xp nerf will help.
Reply Quote
pandaria is designed for ground travel if they allow flying in pandaria before 90 it'll bork the whole continent.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
The questing zones would make absolutely no sense if you could fly all over the place.
Reply Quote
21 Pandaren Monk
You just can't do that ! To allow flying there would reduce the body count !
It would deprive all the gankers of their easy kills and we all know that just is unacceptable to the pvp servers !!

Shame on you for even suggesting such a idea !!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I think there should be a "Tome of Pandarian Flight" that can be bought my the main, which would give flight abilities in Pandaria to all of your alts. And to those that don't want flight because Pandaria is so beautiful? Then don't fly...it's not mandatory, and nobody said you had to fly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
sucks because i have see numerous times sub 90 players flying, of course an exploit, but sucks to see..

edit: in panderia
Edited by Teradan on 4/24/2013 10:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]