Download screen at every log in?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm getting a bit annoyed by the fact that every time I go to my log in screen, it says it has to "download" a piece of the last patch. I have to wait 10-20 minutes for it to "download" before it lets me press the play button. It's been doing this every day for like over a week now. I assume the patch is already done and over with so why does it continue to do this to me every time?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Tayre

There have been a few patches in the last couple of weeks. The last patch was two days ago on the 25th, so if you have been playing, there shouldn't be anything to download.

You want to be sure that you are using the launcher to start the game. Otherwise, patches might not be downloading correctly or may not downloading at all. You also want to run the launcher as an admin by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Run as admin". If the issue still persists, try this:

1. Make sure that Windows is set to show hidden files.

Here's how to do that:

-Windows Vista/7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files

-Windows 8

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/show-hidden-files-in-windows-8/

2. Navigate to the C:\ProgramData folder and delete the Battle.net folder and the Blizzard Entertainment folder.
3. Navigate to the WoW folder and delete the "Updates" folder.
4. Launch WoW as an admin by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Run as admin".

Let me know what happens.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]