How can i get battle.net folder back?

Okay, so i was trying to fix my wow launcher. The game needed to update and i read to delete the "battle.net" file. now i cant get it back and i cant do anything without it. How can i get it back?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Gummyhardd,

What exactly did you delete? There's a Battle.net folder located inside ProgramData that is safe to delete. It will be recreated whenever the launcher is started and it sees it's missing.
Reply Quote
I deleted some type of battle.net folder i was told to delete
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Gummyhardd,

Where were you told to delete it? Was it a support article or post you can link? It would help a lot if I knew what you deleted.
Reply Quote
It was in a support article. It just said to delete your battle.net folder. and i couldnt find that exact one, but i found battle.net with something else on the end of it. i cant remember the whole thing
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Gummyhardd ,

Ok, I'm going to guess you probably deleted the Battle.net.dll file in the main World of Warcraft folder. You ordinarily would not want to do that.

Try this. Navigate to the World of Warcraft folder gain and delete the following 4 files if they're still there.

Wow.exe
Wow-64.exe
Battle.net.dll
Battle.net-64.dll

Once they're deleted, run the launcher for the game again. It should replace all of these files and you'll be back where you should hopefully.
Reply Quote
Yes i delete that one. There is no Wow.exe or Wow-64.exe. But there is a Wow and Wow-64 but with no ".exe"
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
The .exe extensions are hidden due to how you have your Windows settings. Those are the two files you need to delete in addition to the others he mentioned if they're there. Once all 4 are missing, the launcher will replace them when it's run again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]