Losing to crappy rogues..

85 Human Rogue
On my Spriest rogues have always been a problem but since the latest patch it's ridiculous.. I actually can't stand it.. For example, undead rogue attacks me, like 3 separate times right off the open I'm silenced while he's doing ridiculous amounts of damage as well, health gone. I disperse to buy some time which does absolutely nothing, he's on me right when its over, CoS then i'm dead. Worst case scenario for him is I get 1 fear off after he opens that he racials out of, he has a trinket ready for the next one, but I wouldn't live that long anyway.

Is this working as intended? Rogues can easily beat my Warrior now as well. Why is the most overplayed and under skilled class this OP? I have an 85 rogue that I refuse to level just because they're the FOTM. For me, at this point, it's either they balance !@#$ out or at least try or I'm just quitting.. PvP is becoming sort of a joke.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I can handle Rogues pretty easily.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
You're a disc priest, of course you do... I'm not respecing heals, I am a shadow priest.. Disc priests are a whole different problem, you think you guys are good because you don't take any damage from melee.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Maybe you're just a bad shadow priest?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
survive the dance, melt faces
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

Look at your arena ratings... Why are they so bad? Yeah you got the RBG rating because you grouped a lot but your win ratio in that is really, really bad, 0-13 in EOTS for example. Now that's bad.

You're highest rated 2's and 3's achiev is 1550, very unimpressive for someone calling someone else bad.
Edited by Athegoat on 3/28/2013 12:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
03/27/2013 11:56 PMPosted by Athegoat

Look at your arena ratings... Why are they so bad? Yeah you got the RBG rating because you grouped a lot but your win ratio in that is really, really bad, 0-13 in EOTS for example. Now that's bad.

You're highest rated 2's and 3's achiev is 1550, very unimpressive for someone calling someone else bad.

Yet the highest you've been is 1550 during cata as a rogue. Nice. Must be r1.

Why aren't you posting from your priest? Afraid we'll see your blues?
Edited by Fadinglîght on 3/28/2013 1:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
You could probably teach him HOW to fight a rogue instead of sitting there calling him bad.
Reply Quote
76 Human Hunter
How much resil do you have? What are you Talents/Glyphs? These make a big difference.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Make use of a couple abilities:

1. Dispersion when he pops CDs
2. Void Tendrils or Psyfiend
3. Fear
4. Speed bubble
5. Psychic Horror

If he catches you in a deep stun/spell lock situation, make sure you use dispersion to mitigate damage. I wouldn't say I'm a PVP expert, heck I rarely PVP anymore (I used to), but I would suggest slamming fear if you're stunned, if he breaks fear (trinket, etc), use Void Tendrils and speed bubble away. DoT him up, and Mind Flay him as he runs to you. By the time he gets to you, he will probably stun you or try and interrupt you, fear should be coming off CD. Use fear, speed bubble away, re-cast DoTs, as he runs towards you Psychic Horror, win. I've added Psychic Horror because it is AWESOME against melee, and fears in place.
Edited by Waynebrady on 3/28/2013 9:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Is this random rogues in bgs, or is it in arenas?
Reply Quote

You do know that the stats for EOTS are bugged for everyone right? lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
0-13 in EOTS
ignorance is not a blessing
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I must admit undead rogues have a significant advantage over Spriests but it's really not that bad.

1) You have a damage reducing buff in Shadowform.
2) WotFS has a semi-shared CD with PVP trinket.
3) Use healing spells : Renew, PoM, PW:S
4) If you see the rogue turn into what looks like Shadowform, don't waste fear on them (CoS).
5) Are you dotting the rogue?
6) Void Tendrils is probably the best choice for anti-melee. It gives you some distance in between the two of you if they dont use trinket.
7) Some classes have a pretty clear advantage over others. If you are playing vs a really good person there might not be a way to win. Rogues are weak as crap vs Disc priests.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
If ur going vs a rogue, and u know it...spec/glyph appropriately. Tendrils is prob best choice, coupled with phantasm (breaks crip slow), u can kite him away from his healer, root him behind a pillar and get some big cds out of him.

Inner fire glyph is pretty solid, as is reflective shield & horror vs them.

Do not let PoM or shield not be up when u can't see him. Just a shield/pom/renew can let u eat a whole opener without breaking a sweat. If he cloaks to mitigate dmg, mindbender is great, just don't blow it if u think he'll vanish.

Do not disperse if there is no dot on him, you only prolonged the inevitable in that case. If its a bg, just lifeswap a healer or some other poor bastard nearby that won't peel for u.

Don't spam fear out of stun vs a BE rogue...they most likely will AT out of the stun anyway.

Just hold ur burst for after his 2nd vanish, ideally following a cloak (bender will chase him and keep him in combat)
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
On my Spriest rogues have always been a problem but since the latest patch it's ridiculous.. I actually can't stand it.. For example, undead rogue attacks me, like 3 separate times right off the open I'm silenced while he's doing ridiculous amounts of damage as well, health gone. I disperse to buy some time which does absolutely nothing, he's on me right when its over, CoS then i'm dead. Worst case scenario for him is I get 1 fear off after he opens that he racials out of, he has a trinket ready for the next one, but I wouldn't live that long anyway.

Is this working as intended? Rogues can easily beat my Warrior now as well. Why is the most overplayed and under skilled class this OP? I have an 85 rogue that I refuse to level just because they're the FOTM. For me, at this point, it's either they balance !@#$ out or at least try or I'm just quitting.. PvP is becoming sort of a joke.

Maybe you should post on your spriest. Some of the talents should help you alittle. Like void and sc. Rogues before 5.2 were not that bad. Afew good ones were hard to beat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
glyph of fade may help with their damage and whatever offensive shadow glyphs you like...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

If its a bg, just lifeswap a healer or some other poor bastard nearby that won't peel for u.

I lol'd. I do this often as a punishment for those who won't peel.
Edited by Flaxxen on 3/28/2013 2:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

If its a bg, just lifeswap a healer or some other poor bastard nearby that won't peel for u.

I lol'd. I do this often as a punishment for those who won't peel.

Fun right? L2p moment for them lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]