Losing to crappy rogues..

90 Undead Priest
Well said.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This my priest.. Sorry, I wanted to post on my rogue so you guys knew I had one. I know I could definitely benefit from having Tendrils and the shield speed talent but I was mostly just talking about getting jumped by random rogues in world pvp when I have my normal talents (Psyfiend and Phantasm)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thanks for the replies.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Thanks for the replies.

Void talent will help with rogues and warriors. you may want to pick that. And spectral guise will also help. With this patch rogues are just to strong. But I think your ok with your gear. Good luck
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
You're a disc priest, of course you do... I'm not respecing heals, I am a shadow priest.. Disc priests are a whole different problem, you think you guys are good because you don't take any damage from melee.

I think Shadow has an easier time with Rogues than Disc does.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Rogues used to be laughable for me when I was Shadow. Here's the order of events to kill a rogue).

Preliminaries:

-Divine Insight
-Void Tendrils
-(recommended) Glyph of Mind Blast
-Mindbender

Steps:

1. Take the opener like a champ. This means not panicking, and keeping your Renew up and Prayer of Mending and Power Word: Shield on CD. Also, you should be in Inner Fire. The most important part of the opener is you trinketing the Kidney Shot and immediately casting a SW:P. If you do nothing else, get that SW:P on the rogue!

2. As soon as that instant Mind Blast procs, disarm him and get a Vampiric Touch on him. Recast SW:P.

3. Once he gets his weapons back and Mind Blast is off cooldown, Void Tendrils. Hard-cast Mind Blast. Use this time to also Flash Heal yourself back to full (if needed). Make sure you have a Renew, a PW:S, and a PoM on you before he breaks out.

4. Keep SW:P on him and wait for your procs of Mind Blast.

5. If he pops Shadowdance, you Disperse and laugh at his puny attempts to hurt you. Dispersion can also be used when he inevitably vanishesand takes his second opener, if that first opener hurt a bit more than intended. If you can take the re-opener, though, don't waste it.

6. If he pops his Cloak, you pop Mindbender. Mindbender does physical damage, and a good amount of it, so you keep pressure on him even when you can hit him with your spells. Once Cloaks goes down, put the SW:Pain right back on him.

7. Once you get 3 orbs, fear him. This causes him to pop his Cloak of Shadows (if he hasn't already) and laugh at you for trying to fear him away. The object, however, wasn't to peel him off you. It was to get him to pop that Cloak so he can't pop it when you pop Devouring Plague.

8. Once his Cloak is down, pop Devouring Plague, refresh your SW:P and watch your health shoot right back up while his drops like a rock.

9. He will try to run. That's their nature. You can't really fault them for it because it's all they know how to do. If Void Tendrils is back up, hardcast Mind blast while shadowcasting in a Shadow Word: Death, then cast another Shadow Word: Death. This should kill him, but if not, then that means he has Cheat Death, which is him trying to run away from death itself. Refresh your Shadow Word: Pain, wait a couple of seconds, then Devouring Plague. You don't need a strong one at this point. Just enough to crush his hopes and dreams.

And that's that. Easiest fight ever if you do it right.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Rogues used to be laughable for me when I was Shadow. Here's the order of events to kill a rogue).

Preliminaries:

-Divine Insight
-Void Tendrils
-(recommended) Glyph of Mind Blast
-Mindbender

Steps:

1. Take the opener like a champ. This means not panicking, and keeping your Renew up and Prayer of Mending and Power Word: Shield on CD. Also, you should be in Inner Fire. The most important part of the opener is you trinketing the Kidney Shot and immediately casting a SW:P. If you do nothing else, get that SW:P on the rogue!

2. As soon as that instant Mind Blast procs, disarm him and get a Vampiric Touch on him. Recast SW:P.

3. Once he gets his weapons back and Mind Blast is off cooldown, Void Tendrils. Hard-cast Mind Blast. Use this time to also Flash Heal yourself back to full (if needed). Make sure you have a Renew, a PW:S, and a PoM on you before he breaks out.

4. Keep SW:P on him and wait for your procs of Mind Blast.

5. If he pops Shadowdance, you Disperse and laugh at his puny attempts to hurt you. Dispersion can also be used when he inevitably vanishesand takes his second opener, if that first opener hurt a bit more than intended. If you can take the re-opener, though, don't waste it.

6. If he pops his Cloak, you pop Mindbender. Mindbender does physical damage, and a good amount of it, so you keep pressure on him even when you can hit him with your spells. Once Cloaks goes down, put the SW:Pain right back on him.

7. Once you get 3 orbs, fear him. This causes him to pop his Cloak of Shadows (if he hasn't already) and laugh at you for trying to fear him away. The object, however, wasn't to peel him off you. It was to get him to pop that Cloak so he can't pop it when you pop Devouring Plague.

8. Once his Cloak is down, pop Devouring Plague, refresh your SW:P and watch your health shoot right back up while his drops like a rock.

9. He will try to run. That's their nature. You can't really fault them for it because it's all they know how to do. If Void Tendrils is back up, hardcast Mind blast while shadowcasting in a Shadow Word: Death, then cast another Shadow Word: Death. This should kill him, but if not, then that means he has Cheat Death, which is him trying to run away from death itself. Refresh your Shadow Word: Pain, wait a couple of seconds, then Devouring Plague. You don't need a strong one at this point. Just enough to crush his hopes and dreams.

And that's that. Easiest fight ever if you do it right.

That easy to say. Between 2 and 3 that rogue would vanish. And come back with full health
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
On my Spriest rogues have always been a problem but since the latest patch it's ridiculous.. I actually can't stand it.. For example, undead rogue attacks me, like 3 separate times right off the open I'm silenced while he's doing ridiculous amounts of damage as well, health gone. I disperse to buy some time which does absolutely nothing, he's on me right when its over, CoS then i'm dead. Worst case scenario for him is I get 1 fear off after he opens that he racials out of, he has a trinket ready for the next one, but I wouldn't live that long anyway.

Is this working as intended? Rogues can easily beat my Warrior now as well. Why is the most overplayed and under skilled class this OP? I have an 85 rogue that I refuse to level just because they're the FOTM. For me, at this point, it's either they balance !@#$ out or at least try or I'm just quitting.. PvP is becoming sort of a joke.

If you want help for your spriest, post on him so others can take a look and offer suggestions. Don't be shy.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

That easy to say. Between 2 and 3 that rogue would vanish. And come back with full health

I wish. That just means he can't vanish again when he really needs to for step 9, and also that you have time for your renew to heal you right back to full health, even if they've did their little blind. Rogues don't really stand a chance against a well-geared and well-played Shadow Priest outside of their opener. Dots hit them hard, Shadowform is a 15% damage decrease on top of resilience and, and spriests have awesome self-heals.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Rogues have an advantage against us, try to learn how to manipulate the fight with tactics rather than crying about how "OP FOTM OMG NOOB BBQ" rogues are atm. Wow is a game with ebbs and flows when it comes to class balance. Use your abilities and try your best, or keep smashing your keyboards and raging on the wow forums. The choice is solely yours.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Rogue vs. Shadow

1- if you can mount, do it. If they open with garrote, run away and lol at them.
2- if you can't mount,try to keep a shield/Pom/renew up if you know you are about to get opened on.
3- Pay attention to your health pool when you get opened on. With subterfuge it is hard to tell whether they are dancing on you when they open. if you are dropping un naturally quickly on the opener, they are dancing. disperse as soon as possible if you notice this.
4- if they garrote into full stun, DO NOT FEAR RIGHT OFF THE BAT. they will cloak the split second before stun ends if they are good. instead, shield first, then if they haven't cloaked then you can fear.
5- as soon as they trinket your first fear throw down psyfiend or void tendrils (I prefer psyfiend). Use the CC on the rogue to either heal or pop your cooldowns and dot him up.
6- repeat finish the duel by shielding/poming yourself/keeping renew up. Do not cast unless you juke him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]