Started my last Horde class; the monk.

90 Tauren Druid
Decided to go away from my conventional naming conventions, but named her in honor of Nakano Takeko. Its an apt name for the race and class.

Here is the back story to my character's name;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakano_Takeko

Now the down side...only 80 more levels to go....
/e <Bang Head on Desk>
/e <Bang Head on Desk>
/e <Bang Head on Desk>
/e <Bang Head on Desk>
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
That is an awesome inspiration for your character.

/e <What Would Nakano Takeko Do?>

She will cap before you even realize it and leave a trail of epic deeds behind her the whole way.

/narrows eyes...

"Is she an orc?"
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Is it wrong of me to point out that Nakano Kakeko is Japanese and that the whole of Pandaria is of Chinese influence?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Is it wrong of me to point out that Nakano Kakeko is Japanese and that the whole of Pandaria is of Chinese influence?

Yes, I did realize that, but I chose to ignore the obvious over my wishes. Though there are many chinese females that should be honored and remembered for their contributions, I went this route.

'Grinda, I had to see the Panda starting zone so when this route. I will have to say, I wish I would turned up my music prior to being half way through the zone...hell may start another Panda to see whats its like again and to see the introduction to the alliance. Hellscream was a complete !@# in my humble opinion.
Edited by Nakanotakeko on 3/28/2013 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hellscream was a complete !@# in my humble opinion.

A completely broken character. A two dimensional propaganda cartoon, not a personality. Hitler the young father and aspiring artist and Stalin the ministerial student and poet and Temujin (Genghis Khan) the orphan and mystic and Vlad Tepes the tortured captive and nationalist hero are more compelling and interesting figures, and each of them left real desolation and pyramids of skulls in their wake.

The present Garrosh Hellscream is just a ridiculously crass and simplistic parody of a bad guy. Something more like Grom or Orgrim would have been welcome.

As to Chinese and Japan influences I wouldn't sweat that one bit. Pandaria is as Chinese as chop suey and fortune cookies - which is to say that it isn't at all really. There are references to Turkic and Mongol areas of Central Asia and to Nepal in Pandaria as well. There are helmet and pauldron styles that are distinctly Japanese.

I really like your inspiration and am glad you shared her with us.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk

Its not primarily Chinese influence

many influences from many asian/micronesian/polynesian cultures (among others)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
[quote][quote]

...arent the japanese just chinese with boats?

>_< <_< >_> -_- ^_^

found the asian diversity chart-^
Edited by Moomancow on 3/30/2013 12:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Only 45 more levels to go and I am retire...I hope.

Then again I plan to level another Panda Monk just so I can hear the music. Sadly I was half way through the zone before thinking of turning on the music.
Edited by Nakanotakeko on 4/3/2013 6:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]