What am I missing?

I have started doing BG's and found myself in a 40 man yesterday. I was healing my little heart out and the people around me did not seem to be getting my heals. I use the raid frames and they all were in range, (Based on the color), but any of my group heals were not taking. I had a sense they were not in my group.

Clearly I am missing something here. Were they in a different group? If so, how do I find out whose group I am in? If not, then what was I doing wrong?

A little help if you please. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Your healing is nerfed by 30% while pvping because terrible players can't use cc/interrupts so the game had to be dumbed down for them.
Edited by Sadiemay on 3/28/2013 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If you are talking specifially about priest group heals (Prayer of Healing? I forget the name.), a 40 main BG has 8 groups, so the chances that someone in your group is in range is fairly small. Depending on what interface you are using, you can usually arrange frames by group, instead of by role, to see not only who is in range, but who is in which group.
Edited by Pipikaula on 3/28/2013 7:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Your saying that I was healing them, but my heals were so low they did not register on my player lists?

I thought there might be more to it than that.

I even cast flash heal on people near death (Using the frames and not the actual toon) and sometimes nothing happened. Other times it did. I was getting no messages.
Reply Quote
Ok Pip, that is helpful. Thanks
I use the Raid Frames provided by the game. I will research that and see if I can modify them in some way. I bet the heals I was throwing out for the group was missing because my group was not nearby. Explains alot.

If I cannot modify the game frames, then I will have to consider an Addon like Healbot or something.

Thanks Pip and Sadie for your fast response.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The other thing to note about healing in BGs is that enemy players, at least the smart ones, are also dispelling, spellstealing, and the like, not just healing or DPSing. Shields and HoTs in particular are susceptible to being removed by the opposite team, so don't be alarmed or surprised if certain spells don't look like they hit. It probably isn't anything you did wrong, but what they did right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]