I'm having serious graphics card problems

85 Tauren Hunter
So years ago I got this computer to play games. It has an Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE graphics card in it and I read that with the latest driver, it can still be decent at running this game. However months ago I had it taken in to get work done because it kept turning my screen into mess of lines, fuzzy shapes, and then it crashes. It would do this while viewing my character lists, in game, or even on regular websites. Well turns out the guy who did work on it put in a new hard drive and cleaned out my case... which fixed nothing. I had quit WoW but saw 7 free days on my email address so I decided to log on for old time's sake and long story short I installed the new driver from Nvidia's website, still got the error. For some reason I feel as if I haven't updated my driver correctly and that someone with adequate computer knowledge will swoop in and make me able to play this beautiful game again. Hopefully one of you can tell me what's going wrong. Oh and also when the computer fails, the monitor goes black after a period of time and if I press random keys sometimes it will make a beep noise and reboot itself or just show me the patterns it made on the screen again. The rest of the time it remains black and I have to reboot it manually.
Edited by Maagnus on 3/28/2013 9:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
Would this post be more appropriate in the gaming and hardware forum? I didn't see that link before posting here.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
okay what would be an affordable replacement that would run WoW smoothly?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
What's your budget? Affordable doesn't tell us what you're willing to spend. A Titan is affordable by some, whereas a GTX 210 is barely affordable by others. Price ranges from $30 to over $1000. We could also use more information on the system you have. Is this a pre-built computer from a manufacturer or a custom build?

If you can provide this information to us, I/we can provide a better solution for your issue.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]