65k Gold Taken from my account

96 Pandaren Warrior
Hello, 65k Gold has been taken from my account on numerous toons and each toon that was robbed has an email saying that the restoration I requested was performed.

Got an account locked email literally as I am writing this but my account isn't locked. I had a problem today. I had an RAF person I was planning on leveling up with, his card was declined according to the blizzard rep and my account was locked temporarily. It was already unlocked.

All my gold wasn't taken though, it's like completely random amounts were taken from each of my characters. Some toons left with like 5k, some left with 1k, some only with like 300g. This is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Warrior
We have determined that the World of Warcraft account WOW1 has been accessed/compromised by someone not authorized to do so by the World of Warcraft Terms of Use (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html).

To protect your privacy and security, we have temporarily disabled this account. Any recurring subscriptions have been suspended to prevent further monetary charges. In order to regain access to the account, you must complete the steps below to secure the account and your computer.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
From what I can see, Rahsi, it looks like some funds may have reclaimed from an agreement that was made with another player. That agreement appears to have not been fulfilled and subsequently considered a scam.

My guess is that evidence indicated that you may not have perpetrated the scam but that your account may have been involved. If you have no knowledge of this I'd recommend submitting a ticket and inquire.

In the meantime, please review account and computer security.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Warrior
From what I can see, Rahsi, it looks like some funds may have reclaimed from an agreement that was made with another player. That agreement appears to have not been fulfilled and subsequently considered a scam.

My guess is that evidence indicated that you may not have perpetrated the scam but that your account may have been involved. If you have no knowledge of this I'd recommend submitting a ticket and inquire.

In the meantime, please review [url="https://battle.net/support/article/300606?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=032713"]account and computer security[/url].

The agreement was I RAF him. He advertised trade he would pay whoever to do it with him. I recruited him and everything. I don't remember what we talked about in-game but there should be enough in the logs and his trade spam to prove what I'm saying.
Edited by Rahsi on 3/27/2013 10:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
03/27/2013 10:01 PMPosted by Rahsi
The agreement was I RAF him. He advertised trade he would pay whoever to do it with him. I recruited him and everything.

Well that would be an issue, not only is that kind of agreement unsupported, but it is also against the rules since it would be considered paying in game gold for out of game items.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Warrior
03/27/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Scuba
The agreement was I RAF him. He advertised trade he would pay whoever to do it with him. I recruited him and everything.

Well that would be an issue, not only is that kind of agreement unsupported, but it is also against the rules since it would be considered paying in game gold for out of game items.

Not true at all. The item was me running RAF with him, he didn't have anyone to level with.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
03/27/2013 10:24 PMPosted by Rahsi

Not true at all. The item was me running RAF with him, he didn't have anyone to level with.
Are you able to send an RaF invite from inside the game world? Or, do you have to do it from the website? If you are paid with in-game gold or items, then the entire transaction has to be doable within the game world.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

It is true, since you are getting the perks of the RAF (30 days free, and a mount) for in game gold. It cost real money to add the game time to the account which gives you the perks.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Warrior
03/27/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Scuba

It is true, since you are getting the perks of the RAF (30 days free, and a mount) for in game gold. It cost real money to add the game time to the account which gives you the perks.

I think it's more along the lines of him paying me to play in game with him. I always do RAF so would've probably done it for free. Besides, he paid me and I get the benefits so I don't think you're understanding your own logic. I did not give anyone any gold. He gave me gold to level him up with RAF.
Reply Quote
52 Pandaren Monk
I think it's more along the lines of him paying me to play in game with him. I always do RAF so would've probably done it for free. Besides, he paid me and I get the benefits so I don't think you're understanding your own logic. I did not give anyone any gold. He gave me gold to level him up with RAF.

Mate, you can split hairs all you want but you took part in a prohibited transaction. RAF can only be set up outside of the game, therefore you cannot exchange in-game currency for it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
If you feel the action taken was in error, you should open a support ticket to dispute it. Nobody on the forums can help you. Only account admin deals with account actions and they are only reachable by support ticket.

https://us.battle.net/support/ticket/submit
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Warrior
03/27/2013 10:50 PMPosted by Scuba

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
It doesn't matter since we are not the ones who can do anything about your account action. Even though, in reality, he paid you gold to send him an RaF invite. Since you cannot send the invite from within the game, it makes it an out of game service and you were paid in-game gold for an out of game service.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Warrior
03/28/2013 01:27 AMPosted by Flatspriest
It doesn't matter since we are not the ones who can do anything about your account action. Even though, in reality, he paid you gold to send him an RaF invite. Since you cannot send the invite from within the game, it makes it an out of game service and you were paid in-game gold for an out of game service.

How do you know what he sent me the gold for? I don't mean to argue and I understand no one here can help I just want to make my case. You're treading into muddy territory with what constitutes RWT.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
How do you know what he sent me the gold for? I don't mean to argue and I understand no one here can help I just want to make my case. You're treading into muddy territory with what constitutes RWT.

The agreement was I RAF him. He advertised trade he would pay whoever to do it with him. I recruited him and everything. I don't remember what we talked about in-game but there should be enough in the logs and his trade spam to prove what I'm saying.
You said as much in post #4.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Warrior
03/28/2013 01:46 AMPosted by Flatspriest

You said as much in post #4.

You're making assumptions then. I did not say I was paid to recruit him. I said I was paid to do RAF with him. The whole shabang. Recruiting someone takes half a second, he could have recruited himself. No one would do that. He wanted me to play with him obviously. You're grasping at air.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Sorry, but I'm done with you. You can open a support ticket like Vrak stated, or not.
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Warrior
Okay, here is the official status. The RAF Guy was a hacker. He hacked someone and used their gold. I guess he knew he wouldn't have had the account for long and wanted to get someone to power level RAF with him.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Okay, here is the official status. The RAF Guy was a hacker. He hacked someone and used their gold. I guess he knew he wouldn't have had the account for long and wanted to get someone to power level RAF with him.

That is why it's usually not a good idea to Recruit a FRIEND - with a total stranger. This type of arrangement typically goes in the other direction, as a way to 'sell' a RAF mount, but this isn't something you really want to dive into with someone you don't know. You essentially received money from a stolen account if the post above is accurate - so yea, it could have been a lot worse :P
Edited by Orlyia on 3/28/2013 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Warrior
03/28/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Orlyia

That is why it's usually not a good idea to Recruit a FRIEND - with a total stranger. This type of arrangement typically goes in the other direction, as a way to 'sell' a RAF mount, but this isn't something you really want to dive into with someone you don't know. You essentially received money from a stolen account if the post above is accurate - so yea, it could have been a lot worse :P

Yes it could have. I already have both RAF mounts though. I love leveling. BUT I have like 10 60-85s on random dead servers. I hope eventually there is a way to get them all in one place.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]