Hello peoples of the Ravenholdt

90 Blood Elf Warrior
I am very much debating on moving this warrior over to your server. Having played since vanilla I miss the community feel of a server and Ravenholdt seems to be selling just that.

I really would like to help out the alliance with their numbers but is it worth the extra $30 to faction change? How does the Alliance community hold up as compared to the horde?

I'm a casual player as I'm a shift worker but I do want to find a nice guild of people I want to hang out with and maybe lend a helping hand once in a while in pvp and raids. Like I said, I'm trying to get that community feel back again. I play on Earthen Ring with some characters in AIE and while that guild is awesome, it's easy to get lost in the green wall sometimes.

Any guilds that would take in this fresh to the server Cape Bretoner who at least once a day hits his rocket belt instead of Battleshout...I really should move that keybinding.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
03/28/2013 03:18 AMPosted by Kumen
I really would like to help out the alliance with their numbers but is it worth the extra $30 to faction change? How does the Alliance community hold up as compared to the horde?

I suggest you roll a couple of lowbie alts, one on each side, and make yourself known. This will give you a chance to see what you like or don't about each faction before you commit.

IMO, the Alliance side has fewer players but more RPers, more RP activity, and a friendlier RP base in general. You can find a good spot on either side, but it will be easier on blue.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
03/28/2013 03:18 AMPosted by Kumen
I really would like to help out the alliance with their numbers but is it worth the extra $30 to faction change?

I'm quite certain that when you server transfer it includes a optional faction change at the same price. :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Unfortunately, Halldor, it does not. Unless that's been changed recently, that's a separate transaction.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Also note that we have a lot of players who play both sides of the fence - sometimes they're Alliance, sometimes they're Horde.

So, if you transfer here and can only go to the Horde side (NotThatThere'sAnythingWrongWithThat), joining the People Who Bathe Regularly (TM) is only a button press or two away.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Unfortunately, Halldor, it does not. Unless that's been changed recently, that's a separate transaction.

This is correct.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/character-transfer-faq

Faction change is a separate transaction and is not included with server transfer.
Reply Quote
Hello there!

The Alliance community on Ravenholdt is truly a fantastic community. If you decide to say hello to us in-game, I would recommend joining the /RP channel. This is a channel where RPers (or those interested in RP) gather to chat and get to know one another. The global channels tend to be a little quiet at times because of our low population, but the channels we've created are usually bustling. We would love to have another player join us =)

As for some guilds, it sounds like you're looking for a casual PvE/PvP guild. How do you feel about RP? Some guilds that come to mind right away are:

<The Sentinels> who are currently led by Virina. They are a family-friendly, RP-friendly guild who enjoys PvPing together and they're working with Twilight Empire to start some joint raiding. They are full of fantastic and nice people!

<The Indelibles> are a casual social guild that is RP-friendly. They're a ton of fun to spend time with. ...With that said, they bow down to Gnomish Overlords and if you're a tall race, you'll be expected to fetch the cookies on the top shelf.

<Reprisal> is an RP-friendly, PvP and PvE guild. The people in this guild are fun to hang out with and always eager to stir up some PvP. I've had a some great times with the people from this guild and would definitely recommend them.

Now, if you're more interested in some RP guilds, I can go ahead and start naming those off too. But those three ideas should get you started!

We hope you decide to join us!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
While I agree that the Gnomish overlords have tried to rule us in the past, the smallest of them all has taken a step back and it now seems we're a congregation of Death Knights!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Thanks for the replies!
So I moved my warrior here over to ravenholdt. Horde right now and still not sure about switching to alliance...I mean I look so fabulous /slowmotionhairflip (j/k).
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Hunter
While I agree that the Gnomish overlords have tried to rule us in the past, the smallest of them all has taken a step back and it now seems we're a congregation of Death Knights!

You only think that. Have you noticed all the 'requests' for you to death-grip the cookies off the shelf?

Mmmmhmm. Think about it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
Thanks for the replies!
So I moved my warrior here over to ravenholdt. Horde right now and still not sure about switching to alliance...I mean I look so fabulous /slowmotionhairflip (j/k).

Well try this /slowmotionbeardflip

Much more satisfying.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Way too much blood elf Estrogen in here, and not a single blood elf female has posted (not that you can tell them apart) also I had to post, I saw PvP mentioned somewhere in this thread. Just remember, once you go red you will be dead...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Way too much blood elf Estrogen in here, and not a single blood elf female has posted...

Fix'd!

Also, welcome to Ravenholdt Kumen! You'll find our community might be a little small compared to some but what we lack in numbers we make up for with friendliness and sincerity.

Here's a list of some active Horde-side RP guilds that I've compiled:

<Ashes of Eversong> is an RP guild centered on blood elf culture and politics with an emphasis on sin'dorei/Horde relations. We're a new guild hoping to enrich the community by supporting public events and fostering inter-guild RP. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7924373746

<Bloodfury Clan> is an all orc, heavy RP guild with a military theme. The guild is "Thrallite," so expect srength, honor, and service to the Horde! They have been a part of Ravenholdt for a long, long time and are strong supports of the community, so any orc RPers are strongly encouraged to check them out! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004014911

<Brokentusk Clan> A relatively new heavy troll RP-PvP. As far as I'm aware this is the only guild catering to this theme, so check it out if you're a troll looking for a new place to call home, mon! I'm sure you won't regret it! There isn't a recruitment thread up on the WoW forums yet, but /who in-game should produce some results.

<Coldstar Merchant Co.> RP/PvP/PvE. As the name states, the theme is mercantile and focuses on the acquisition and trade of treasure, artifacts, and weapons. They currently host a public tavern-style event called the "Coldstar Cantina" on a weekly basis that has been running for quite some time now. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1519283264

<The Jeweled Blood> RP/PvE/PvP. Primarily a blood elf guild that draws inspiration from Elizabethan society and Anne Bishop's The Black Jewels. They don't have a recruitment thread and I'm not sure about who to contact either but /who them in game, I'm sure a member would be glad to answer any questions!

<Hellscreams Eyes> RP-PvP, centered around fanatical support for Garrosh Hellscream. Feeling naughty? You might want to check them out! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199404197

<Nightgloom Hollow> A mix of all races, with an emphasis on blood elves and Forsaken unless I am mistaken? I can't seem to find a recruitment post to accurately relay their theme...but the guild is active and I know several members. They are very friendly! /who them to contact a member for more information.

<Order of the Forsaken> As the name implies, they are a heavy RP guild open to all Forsaken and death knights. I can't seem to find a recruitment post for them, either, but I do know they are active and recruiting. I've had the pleasure of meeting several of their members and they are very dedicated and friendly! Contact Garthoneeye in-game for more information.

<Prophets of War> is a "social & leveling family-oriented" guild, that participates in PvP/PvE and RP. I'm not really sure of their theme as it's not provided in their recruitment post, but I'm sure they would be more than happy to answer any questions! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006246363

<Silver and Silence> RP/PvP/PvE, with a focus on promoting world PvP. They have a focus on sneaky rogue-ish dealings, from what I've been told. The members are very friendly and would be more than happy to answer any questions! Additionaly, Silver and Silence has been hosting a weekly tavern event in Ratchet at the Broken Keel! Cheers for public RP events! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7885048552

<Shadowclan> RP Heavy, PvP Medium, PvE Medium. Orcs and trolls only. Couldn't find a recruitment thread but contact Ruptup for more information. www.shadowclan.org.

<Unyielding Force of Lore> RP/PvP/PvE, with a general pro-Horde theme that stands in direct opposition to any that would seek to divide it. Advertise a social environment and seem like a really laid back group! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811652385#4
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Is that the same <Shadowclan> From DAoC's PvP server Mordred?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Thanks for the replies!

Do the switch! There's plenty potential for hair flip on a Worgen!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Thanks for the replies!

Well try this /slowmotion<mangy>beardflip<to dislodge the fleas out of it>

Much more satisfying.

<fix'ed>

Now if you want a glorious and manly beard...come to the noble Tauren. We also serve our secret Thunderbluff Sunflower Ale...much better than Dwarven Stale Ale.
Edited by Bobcat on 4/3/2013 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To: My Dearest Bobcat, famed Tauren of the forums
Re: Your Recent Posts

Dearest Forum Friend,
I must respectfully ask that you refrain from tempting transfers to roll Horde characters. While I admire the magnificence of the Tauren (who can deny such?), the Alliance struggles daily to entice transfers to join us in our noble calling. The Dwarves, despite their glorious beards, have had particular difficulty in this endeavor. Flaunting the glorious and manly beards of the Tauren has agitated the Dwarves quite a bit. Because we need all the transfers we can get, let's keep the masterpiece known as the Tauren Beard a secret for some time.

In the alternative, all Tauren should come to the Alliance. In return for this, I will ask the Gnomish Conspiracy, led by Cayreth, to stop building barbecue grills in anticipation of their upcoming offensive, Operation: Steak. I cannot promise that he will heed my plea, but it is never too late to try.

Warmest Regards,
Aerana
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
My glorious beard even resisted the corruption of Death!

And I do death grip cookies with great joy! Strangulate only seems to leave me with crumbs :/
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Is that the same <Shadowclan> From DAoC's PvP server Mordred?

Yes.

I first came to know them from Ultima Online. My friend who introduced me to WoW had us roll our toons here ally-side to kill them. Grudges last a long time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]