the value of dodge/parry gear

90 Tauren Warrior
Hey all it's me again and I was just wondering what some of my more experienced tank friends feelings towards dodge/parry gear are. I know that dodge and parry are the "worst" tanking secondary stats, but how big of an ilvl difference does there need to be to make the item an upgrade? For instance take my current helm vs. the normal version of the pucture proof headguard (I think that's what it's called) off horidon. Just wondering for purposes of bonus rolling on bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
If your helm was the same Ilvl it wouldnt be an upgrade, however seeing as their is about a 20 differance in ilvl the raw primary stats are going to outweigh what you lose in mastery, generally Ilvl trumps all but their can be exceptions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
as Garnascus said, the upgrade in primary stats makes it worth it to use the new helm.

as a tank i think it is always worth it to keep plenty of bag space for gear. switch out pieces depending on the content to maximize your effectiveness.

trinkets are intuitively designed to be switched out, but that doesn't mean you can't extend that same logic to the rest of your gear.

the point is that stat "weights" or values are relative.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Ok so unless the ilvl is just a very small difference, for instance maybe going from 496 to 502, the dodge/parry gear is a clear upgrade? Or if the ilvl is higher at all should i just go ahead and wear it? Also yeah i swap trinkets very regularly depending on what i'm fighting, just really wish the only stam trinket this patch wasn't off lei shen so i'm stuck with my 497 is all >.<
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Its the worse than Mastery/Accuracy, Mastery/Avoidance, and Avoidance/Accuracy.

But if its huge ilvl jump than do it anyway.*

*Disregard when considering trinkets
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Its the worse than Mastery/Accuracy, Mastery/Avoidance, and Avoidance/Accuracy.

But if its huge ilvl jump than do it anyway.*

*Disregard when considering trinkets

^
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Nothing wrong with extra avoidance, just reforge the dodge into mastery, and enjoy the primary stats. Avoidance isn't so bad that you should avoid (har har har) getting it, to the point that you're giving up primary stats. Avoidance is absolutely a tank stat, and an important one.

Use the upgrade, and feel comfortable doing so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]