Updated 5.2 Shadow Priest PVP Guide

90 Undead Priest
Decided to make a much better quality PVP guide for shadow in 5.2, Enjoy :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoRMn1ljHEY
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
If you're so inclined the entire community would be thankful if you could make a forum version! I know people have been wanting a good one since Talbadar's went out of date on AJ. A version here for sure and a version on HowtoPriest.com if you find the time :)
Edited by Woaden on 3/27/2013 8:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
If you're so inclined the entire community would be thankful if you could make a forum version! I know people have been wanting a good one since Talbadar's went out of date on AJ. A version here for sure and a version on HowtoPriest.com if you find the time :)

Good suggestion. I'll try to do it during spring break next week :D
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thank You!

The community has a void there for far too long. I can speak on behalf of us in saying Thank You for tackling this.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Suddenly, so happy in the pants.

Woaden is such a great poacher xD
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

I'm not sure what this means in context.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Appreciate the effort, but I think some things are worth noting:

-Psyfiend, in RBGs, is easily killed with the amount of AoE going out, namely if the other team as a destro lock. I think roots are the better option, it counters melee cleaves, allows your team to pull back on FC maps, you root in a solar beam (can't be dispelled), and peel for healers.

-FDCL has a terrible, terrible proc rate right now. I tried rolling it a few nights ago and got maybe 10 procs throughout a full WSG while maintaining VT on 3 targets. Personally, insanity is still the best option. It is usually towards the bottom of my damage done, but really the amount of burst it provides is unreal. FDCL might be the better option in a dot cleave, which aren't too common.

-Angelic Bulwark > Spectral Guise in RBGs. If they switch hard to you it gives you a few seconds reaction time to disperse, or give your healers some time to catch up on the damage. I can't really think of many good uses for spectral guise, I mean, it takes you off targets, but BGTargets is there for a reason.

-Halo is usually a talent I cannot live without for RBGs. Cascade, I feel, is too random in its bounces to knock people off the flag. It has a shorter cooldown, but it does a lot less damage and doesn't always achieve results. Halo is usually in my top 3 for damage and does tons of RBG healing. It will also knock people off nodes.

Arena build is not bad though, I like it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
03/28/2013 01:30 AMPosted by Woaden

I'm not sure what this means in context.

I saw your plan to steal him away to the H2P forum, and revitalize the PvP section xD

Edit:

Also I would recommend checking your luck with FDCL. Apparently they unnerfed it recently, so perhaps your results may vary.
Edited by Erebos on 3/28/2013 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
50 Pandaren Shaman
quick question should I use Power infusion or divine insight?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
DI for RBGs for sure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]