Breakin silences with Devotion Aura?

90 Human Paladin
I thought for sure that it used to actually break a silence when used, but perhaps I was mistaken, because it definitely doesn't now.
Perhaps it only breaks aoe silences or something?
Does anyone know?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It doesn't break a silence, only prevents any silence from affecting you after you pop it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well it should:(
It's a long CD and you can use it while silenced. You use it and you have a buff that says immune to silence, but oh look! You're still silenced.

I'm trying to think of other abilities that grant immunities and are useable while silenced, feared, stunned etc but don't actually break that effect.

Ibf, berserker rage, freedom, tremor... Dev aura is the only one I can think of that doesnt break the effect it grants immunity to and is useable while that effect is on you.
Reply Quote
Actually, I use it inside of the beam vortex combos ALL the time and it works. Really saves the group or buys us more time. Anything else and it doesn't even let me cast it :\
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How does it get cast, if you are silenced?

its as bad as Hand of Freedom in stun. We cant do anything in stun, BUT you can HoF on yourself in a stun. Guess what? it doesn't remove the stun, just wastes the CD
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Well, it will prevent more silences from affecting you, if that's an issue. If you use it when there's 2 seconds left on the silence, can't do anything about that, but it will still prevent you from being affected by chain silence until it wears off (Giant baaaaaats!). Can you use it while silenced? I thought I remember doing so, but I haven't checked on it in a while.

The thing is, Devo also reduces incoming magic damage. It's a multi-purpose ability, and being able to do that while silenced makes it stronger, not weaker. Hand of Freedom is... similar, but not exact. That one, at least, is wonky, since it doesn't prevent stuns to begin with. And using it while rooted/snared will free you of any affecting you, unlike DA and it's silence prevention. Again, though, it's still stronger. HoF takes a cooldown to use. If you use it at the end of a stun, you can prevent yourself from being chain snared AND still be able to open up with an ability right when you break free of the stun.
Edited by Wards on 3/29/2013 11:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

its as bad as Hand of Freedom in stun. We cant do anything in stun, BUT you can HoF on yourself in a stun. Guess what? it doesn't remove the stun, just wastes the CD

We have a few spells that can be cast while CC'd that do absolutely nothing. Hand of Freedom can be cast while Stunned, for example.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Freedom being usable while stunned is just a relic from Ye Olde Days. It had to be coded to be usable while stunned because of the talent that let it break stuns. Obviously they've never recoded it since removing that talent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Freedom being usable while stunned is just a relic from Ye Olde Days. It had to be coded to be usable while stunned because of the talent that let it break stuns. Obviously they've never recoded it since removing that talent.

Yep, and old habits die hard. I still catch myself hitting freedom when stunned now and then, and then shake my head at myself.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yep, and old habits die hard. I still catch myself hitting freedom when stunned now and then, and then shake my head at myself.

Me too. :<
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We very much deserve this change. Not only is it more intuitive but it also fits in with the feel of the Pally <-> DK toolset.

Think of it: our Dark brethren have a break & immunity to stuns, while we have a break & immunity to silences. Perfect.

Will it happen? No.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We very much deserve this change. Not only is it more intuitive but it also fits in with the feel of the Pally <-> DK toolset.

Think of it: our Dark brethren have a break & immunity to stuns, while we have a break & immunity to silences. Perfect.

Will it happen? No.

I'd prefer a fear break, to be perfectly honest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I'd prefer a fear break, to be perfectly honest.

inb4 petitions for Undead pallies
Reply Quote
Ahhh yes a fear break, whats a Paladin (that relies on cd's to be able to kill anything) to do when you can never have up time and get cc'd out every time you pop cd's to kill something?

At the end of the day I want to just ask the Devs, so you decided Pallies dps and abilities to kill things should all be gated with 100% Inq. uptime AND to blow cd's but then you also decided to make it so they can be cc'd to the point where neither is up or useful, brilliant?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

You CAN freedome your friends when you are stunned; just fyi.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]