Girl Demonology Warlocks?

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Soooo, i have an Undead Demonology Warlock, and i'm a girl. Probably just me being a girl... however i don't understand why the Metamorphosis is a giant, bulky man demon. i mean... come on, if i wanted a man demon i'd be a guy. but i'm a girl anndd i'm not particularly fond of this guy demon. it seems sexist. the Metamorphosis for girl Demonology Warlocks should be a girl demon. does anyone else agree? or is it just me?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
This would best be posted on either the warlock forum or general forum :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
@ Nephe: this is the warlock forum, now wander back to the Mage forums and QQ some more about the state of arc and multi-dotting.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
03/29/2013 05:51 PMPosted by Còrrupted
this is the warlock forum

Yes, and the thread was moved here from the Customer Support Forum after the post was made.

*makes like a tree*
"Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful." -- Harry Dresden
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
does anyone else agree? or is it just me?

This has been talked about a bajillion times since Metamorphosis first came to us, so no, unlike Tigger, you're not the only one.

Devs have talked about a female demon form, but it's fairly low on their list of priorities. Just to put that into perspective, it took 8 years to get green fire.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I agree there should be one but the absence of such is hardly sexist. They just re-used a model they had sitting around and gussied it up a little. Blizzard might get around to making a female version but they're probably all doing dailies for mogu runes of disappointment.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Soooo, i have an Undead Demonology Warlock, and i'm a girl. Probably just me being a girl... however i don't understand why the Metamorphosis is a giant, bulky man demon. i mean... come on, if i wanted a man demon i'd be a guy. but i'm a girl anndd i'm not particularly fond of this guy demon. it seems sexist. the Metamorphosis for girl Demonology Warlocks should be a girl demon. does anyone else agree? or is it just me?

If you look at ancient cultural lore from all around the world, most demos that are aggressive are always male. Female demons like succubus, nymphs, and the like use cunning and decit to ensare thier victims

In game, you are "hulking out" with a power surge to cause great amounts of damage. To me, making the demon male is appropriate maily because of the action that is doing(major DPS). If the Metamorphosis mechanic was different and was used in another fashion other than DPS, then I can see it being female. Thats my opinion though not necessarily correct.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Do demons even have gender? In mythology, demons generally don't have a gender at all. Even the succubus merely *gives the illusion* of being an attractive woman to ensnare people. But it's just that, illusion.
Edited by Mogrigg on 3/29/2013 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Do demons even have gender? In mythology, demons generally don't have a gender at all. Even the succubus merely *gives the illusion* of being an attractive woman to ensnare people. But it's just that, illusion.

Yes, demons have a gender. Trust me, I married one.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I know some holy priest who can't stand becoming a female in ''spirit of redemption'' form.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I think it's awesome, a girl demon wouldn't look right and doesn't really fit into the lore.

This, also. Meta form seems neutral and genderless.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
03/29/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Taylurlur
however i don't understand why the Metamorphosis is a giant, bulky man demon.

You don't become a man, it's not like you grow a !@#$%.

It is a gain and bulky thing because you are adding a significant amount of muscle to your form.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
03/29/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Taylurlur
it seems sexist.

lol
Lol
LOL
LOLOLOLOL

AHAHHAAH OMG AHAHAHA
oh you were serious.
in that case
LMFAO
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
This has been brought up before, and after some looking, I was able to find a thread where this was linked:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/335/5/d/female_demonform_by_darazan-d341f73.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I dislike it as well.
I have the same issue on this Shaman too, Ascendance turns me into a beefcake grey-skinned man with a very goofy hat, when we should turn into genderless elementals.

I'd love to see a muscly female demon form for Metamorphasis, but Blizzard will make it skinny and sexy so it won't be ideal. Still, it's better then what it is now.
Edited by Ayanama on 3/30/2013 2:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I would absolutely love my Demonology form to look like this...

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/335/5/d/female_demonform_by_darazan-d341f73.jpg

Minus the thick Borderlands-esque black borders and shading. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
curtens no i wasnt serious... i was just exaggerating my point... -.-
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
A female Demon Form Makes sense, but it's just down to developer time investment and priority. I think We've all learned by now that even the revamped class models are taking a gargantuan effort from the devs, and a sub-form for a single class is probably the lowest thing on their priority list : (
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So, what is going blizzard to do?

priority list? they should have hundreds of designers to make every of our petitions.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]