Searching for a new server/new start

90 Tauren Shaman
Hello,

I'm currently at the limit on my server for characters and looking to branch out and meet some new people on other realms with some re-rolls. Trollbane is listed as Medium Pop EST server and I was just wondering about a few things:

Activity- Are things pretty active here? Do people talk in General in Capital Cities? When I log on at 1pm is there going to be more that 3-4 people in a city?

Economy- Generally are things available on the AH? Materials competitively/reasonably priced?

Society- Is trade chat full of trolls/spammers/griefers or usually(I know no realm is rid of them completely) helpful people selling wares? Are players spread out in 100's of small guilds or several large ones? Are there some good social/casual leveling guilds that aren't focused PRIMARILY on endgame?

Thanks to anyone who replies!
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
Economy sucks. To many bad trolls, not enough good trolls. Low progression, no pvp, and not very active general/trade outside of trolls and a select few people.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Same for Horde side?
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
No Idea about the chat but its pretty dead pve/pvp wise as well. there are a couple progressed guilds, but I am not sure they are recruiting.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
My guild moved here a while back from a dead server and we haven't regretted it one second.

Horde Side:

The economy is fine, if I ever need something I can't get or make myself the AH will have what I need. Compared to our old server prices are on the lower side, but still competitive.

Trade chat, or any chat in general is filled with trolls. This IS Trollbane after all. However every once in a while someone will surprise you, but I suppose the same can be said for all servers.

As far as players go and the guilds they're in, I can only comment on the raiding guilds. There are not "100s" of small guilds or "several large ones". There are us, <Iron Legion>, that do 25man raiding, and one alliance guild, <Evo-somethingsomething>, trying to do 25s. All the other guilds are 10 man. Which inherently means they'll be smaller in nature.

I'm sure not all guilds are focused on endgame. We've recently started to get more serious about PvP, and I'm sure others do the same. There could be an amazing guild out there which is perfect for you that doesn't raid and I would have no idea.

Good luck in your search.

P.S. No offense intended towards <Evolucao>, the guild name just scrambles my brain when I try to read it :P
Edited by Dhryke on 4/3/2013 8:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
E vO lew kAy O

I think
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]