Faction Global Channels

100 Draenei Hunter
I can tell that this would be a terrible idea because of people trolling etc., but it would also be useful to have a channel for everyone on each faction to join to make it easier to find people for raids, world bosses etc.
If we could get it to work properly, and have rules about what the channel is used for (and have people actually follow them...) then this could help alot.
So yeah, any ideas how we could get it to work and such, and opinions?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The only hard part would be getting enough people in the channels to actually make it worth using.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Ah, I miss the old global LFG channel. Something like this would bring back some sense of community, and so what if people troll? that's why there's an /ignore feature.

AND OMG CATS!
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Paladin
Honestly, please don't lol. Let's say a horde of Horde(No pun intended) is attacking/griefing an Alliance city or vise versa. Now let's say we had a global chat to add a flame war into the already burning fire. The event I described is far more common than most people realize. Due to my abnormal work hours I tend to get the most of my uninterrupted game time during the night hours, at least twice a week Stormwind is under attack but a select few people for up to a few hours at a time. I can only imagine what would ensue if we had a global chat to talk to said attackers while they are griefing our city.

This is an amazing idea on paper but I would not want to see the chaos it would bring lol.
Edited by Hawtflash on 3/31/2013 3:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Hawt, you miss the point..... cross faction can't talk in public channels. Re-read the original post.

THESE CAT PROFILE PICS ARE CREEPY
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Hawt, like I said, we'd have to set a list of rules and stuff that will make sure the channel isn't used for stuff like that. And I don't mean a global channel over both factions, since that's impossible. I mean one for Horde, one for alliance.
I know it would be hard to get enough people to use it, but I think it would make alot of things run much smoother.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
There's already one with a bunch of Uldaman gm's and rl's.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Another server I play on prior to patch 5.2 had a "galleon" channel that was publicly known. No rules were set for the channel but I think it was self-expanatory: use only to announce Galleon. Any abuse = /ignore. And really I never saw the channel get used for anything other than Galleon.

As far as looking for raid there's still the old tool that Blizzard created. Really it wasn't too bad. Too bad it's not used.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]