WoW PvP = CC overkill

90 Human Priest
WoW PvP = Long spans of time that you are completely unable to control your character over and over.

Especially as a disc priest. Come on man, dealing with one attacker on you with his CC is rough enough, but 2 completely shuts down your healing but a couple instant casts on cooldowns. In any given battleground, the second I cast penance, flash heal, gheal, binding heal, heal, any non-instant cast, i'm instantly locked out of my holy tree for 4 seconds. This is only if I'm interrupted, not even considering the pure silence talents everyone has. Oh stuns you say? Disorients? Charms? The list is so long, it's just stupid.

What is broken here? I'll tell you. DIMINISHING RETURNS. There is no diminishing returns on school lockout. Few CC talents between classes share diminishing returns. You can literally keep a disc priest from playing his toon 75% or more of the time.

The Fix? PUT ALL CC ON SHARED DIMINISHING RETURNS. It's ridonkulous. I mean BAAAAD how over abused CC in this game is in it's current state. I'm not just speaking for disc priests here either. I'm sure you've all experienced it on whatever class you play (OK, maybe not a monk).

CC IS OUT OF CONTROL!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Abuse LoS, juke, death sheeps reps, blinds, scatters, paralyzes. Call for your DPS to stop incoming CC that is coming next.

Watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UwJ3Pg46WA
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I don't believe the problem is CC - I believe the issue is that it's all piled on one player (the healer). If healing specs just received a passive that reduced CC durations by 50%, it would be a bit more balanced - you could still reliably CC the healer, but you'd be underutilizing the effect.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Right? (stunned) I mean (silenced) it's ha(kicked)rd to get anything (feared) done(charmed) like that (deep freeze).

Sorry, I was chaining bgs last night. (scatter, ice trap)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
(scatter, ice trap)

This is the worst.

Literally the worst.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
When I see that coming my hands leave the keyboard. Don't want to waste trink on scatter so you eat it for the trap. Real bummer.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I quit PVP because it got ridiculous when it came to CCs, it wasn't fun as a healer. I haven't tried Shadow, but my guess is it would be 1000x better than healing PVP.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when I faced a Hunter/Rogue/Druid and got sapped, blinded, scatter shot into an ice trap, finally cycloned when I came out, all one after another while my team got destroyed.

I literally could do NOTHING the entire arena match.
Edited by Waynebrady on 3/29/2013 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Haha there are some disc priest out there thats seeing what i'm seeing. Disc has the worst retaliation of any healing spec to counter CC. As holy it's so much less painful but again people are too blinded by their own reason to observe. inner focus is CC able so u are not getting a free heal. Disc. my !@# it's good.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Oh fear not fellow intelligents.

They are removing Resilience and putting everyone at a baseline. That will fix all the problems.

It is the exact place I thought they should focus when I was thinking about how CC was the problem in this game, and has never been this out of control. Fix Resilience, nice.

Oh and I know what would really help fix the burst issue. Lets make PvE weapons that are like ilvl 550 so PvE players won't quit when their pants cannot get wet from big numbers. . . .

What's that Bob? Burst is out of control? Easy fix: Add more CC. Done, let's go to lunch.

What's that Bob? The players think CC is out of control? Wait what? You gave the Holy Paladin 3x CCs? Bob WTF!?

Ok ok, let's fix resilience. Done. Let's go to lunch.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Ridiculous amounts of CC have basically been necessary since they rebalanced healers at the start of Cata. I'm sure it's not fun to play when a 45 sec CC chain is run on you, but the problem is the healer gets out for two seconds and your kill target is suddenly back at full.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Hunter

They are removing Resilience and putting everyone at a baseline. That will fix all the problems.

It is the exact place I thought they should focus when I was thinking about how CC was the problem in this game, and has never been this out of control. Fix Resilience, nice.

Oh and I know what would really help fix the burst issue. Lets make PvE weapons that are like ilvl 550 so PvE players won't quit when their pants cannot get wet from big numbers. . . .

What's that Bob? Burst is out of control? Easy fix: Add more CC. Done, let's go to lunch.

What's that Bob? The players think CC is out of control? Wait what? You gave the Holy Paladin 3x CCs? Bob WTF!?

I think to "fix" to resil is bad but that's just me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What, you don't like 8 second fear into 8 second sap into 8 second poly into 8 second ring of frost into 4 second stun? BLASPHEMER.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Almost like..."Bob...resto shammies are OP." "Ok...give them 20% moar healing."

"Bob...Shadow priests are a little bit OP." "Ok...reduce healing by 20% but then give them more 25% healing via PvP power ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ...and to finish give them 5% more damage in shadow form. I´m sure this will balance them." (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

"Bob...mage´s burst damage is way too OP with deep freeze" " Ok...give them 40% moar damage." (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

"Bob...Dpriest´s mana regeneration is too low..." "Ok...reduce rapture to 150% from 200%" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "...uh wait...AND remove proccs" (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Let´s go to lunch.
Edited by Mahadev on 3/29/2013 8:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Ridiculous amounts of CC have basically been necessary since they rebalanced healers at the start of Cata. I'm sure it's not fun to play when a 45 sec CC chain is run on you, but the problem is the healer gets out for two seconds and your kill target is suddenly back at full.
2 seconds to full on a kill target? That sounds more like a resto shaman or a holy pally issue than a general "healer" issue to me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
2 seconds to full on a kill target? That sounds more like a resto shaman or a holy pally issue than a general "healer" issue to me.

Priest may not be capable of it at the moment. I don't know. Regardless, when healers were balanced around 3s, it made more CC necessary to counteract it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
03/29/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Disinterred

Wings + PoM + Serenity. As disc you cannot do it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/29/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Truewan

Wings + PoM + Serenity. As disc you cannot do it.

Actually at that time it was just *wings*. I remember crying when my 95% insta-heal only healed me for 20% when MoP was released. And then I died.

Does it bother anyone else that not only is CC a problem, but priests are the WORST at it? We're the only class in the game that does not have an player-interrupt. At all. All we have is fear and a disorient for Holy, no stuns, no silence unless you're Shadow, and even then it's a gimped Counterspell. Mind Control is still pretty cool and uniquely a priest thing, but requires you give up psyfiend which really isn't worth it aside from trolling.

Really, I don't pvp as Shadow, but I have no idea how Shadow priests EVER kill healers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I play less pvp now for all of the above issues,seems like absorbs get eaten alive on big aoe bursts and no REAL counter cc when Scream has 3min cd.Set bonus for 3 seconds wow thanks for nothing.Sometimes warstomp saved me but also long cd.
Divine insight is okay but with the new glyph of weakend soul still a joke to absorbs and rapture that never procs.Guess Twist of fate since I'll be trying to get atleast half life back before another cc hits me and DP doesn't do much when school locked and Inner Focus was interupted. /e waits to die from focus fire ccs and DoT bursts while his team watches it happen.Thanks for peels guys.
Can I get a miss from DoTs when PW:S is active?As if.Oh resilience what happend to my damage reduction from it,DoTed too?Why is Disc mastery so weak in PvP but huge in PvE?Glyph of Smite?If I get lucky enough to cast a 1.5 sec casttime spell but it's still weak.
Chastise could use a longer stun but I don't do holy PvP.
Holy Fire DoT could be a lot longer but probably too much to give us for PvE reasons.Maybe the glyph for it instead of range would have been better to give us.
Solace stun would be nice(like Chastise).Seems like From darkness doesn't proc enough and Mindbender gets a big PvP /lol.Guess it proccd too much for PvE so nerfd it.And Mindbender is more benefit to PvE so suffer with another useless talent for PvP (ie).Solace,,,Disc eats it in that lvl 45 talent bracket for PvP.List goes on and on and on for me.
So guess we are stuck as a broken PvP healer specs,can't fix PvP because it will be too unbalanced for PvE. /rant
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
i don't play disc this patch but power word shield can crit so maybe invest in crit. As for the CC it all comes down to how your resil fairs out against damage for u to live out those durations. If u do u can retaliate otherwise easy kill for them. so many websites for u to test your toon for optimal peak performance so u might want to check that out. Too many people pvp with full malev gears with 65% resil but their other stats are not optimizes and still get owned to the ground raging about damage is bs i have "65%" resil and i'm still as squishy as a fly. I can't help u if u can't help your self. Knowledge is power!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This thread is relevant to my interests.

Would love it if cc was turned down a bit, but if not, might be nice for them to at least have them ALL share DR, or SOMETHING. That means cc would almost serve more as an "interrupt" in some cases. I think the more skilled pvpers (not me) would figure out how to properly utilize the change to still get kills for wins. Meanwhile, the rest of us shouldn't rage as much about not being able to do anything for the most of the fight. I swear it USED to be about knowing WHEN to use your cc's, not mashing them on one target to score a kill. CC spam should not = Skill...or a kill for that matter.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Best face EVER! I literally roflamo irl. XD
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]