Whats the Best paladin Build?

90 Tauren Paladin
Im currently just going all out haste, but i see people going with stam/stam,parry/stam,mastery is one better then the other?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Not really.

Stam is generally reserved for when you're undergeared or a magic-heavy fight.

Mastery is better for more periods of somewhat low damage, with a few periods of heavy damage you can mitigate heavily with ShoR.

Avoidance is better for aoe situations now, and is competitive in most other situations.

Haste is pretty meh all around. It works well for when there's not really significantly higher periods of burst that you can bias your ShoR for, but other than that you're going to take slightly more damage than most of the other options. Haste, however, increases dps by a vastly larger amount than any of the other options will (Stam being the only one that doesn't increase dps at all).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Haste is pretty meh all around. It works well for when there's not really significantly higher periods of burst that you can bias your ShoR for, but other than that you're going to take slightly more damage than most of the other options.

I wouldn't really say that. ShoR is weaker with haste compared to mastery, but it's up more often, so you have more reliable damage reduction coverage more of the time. Also, you get more Sacred Shield ticks more often, and more healing from Seal of Insight. Mastery is definitely better against predictable big hits like Thrash, but not so much against general damage.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Theck's 5.2 math says otherwise.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Theck's 5.2 math says otherwise.

Last I heard, his 5.2 math put mastery only slightly above haste, without modeling Sacred Shield or Seal of Insight. (Admittedly I haven't read it myself--I really need to catch up on his posts.)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Hmm, didn't realize it wasn't with SoI or SS modeled.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I ascribe to the control/haste method and am very happy with it. I'm comfortable with my rotation and can keep a decently high up time on my AM because of it. As an added bonus, my tank DPS is typically 80% or more higher than my co-tank. Much higher in certain situations. I know, "lol tank dps" but it really does make a difference in some fights.

I can also reach a five stack of Bastion of Glory much more quickly than I could otherwise. I personally feel that being able to use my powered up WoG more often is better than it healing for more.

I've tried control/mastery and didn't like it as much. Avoidance has always been better for total damage reduction and the change to Grand Crusader has given it a little synergy with Mastery. None of them have pulled so far ahead that they completely trump the others though in every situation, so for now I'm going to stick to my haste stacking ways. It works for me and it's fun, what more can I ask for?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]