New PTR build - Atonement nerf.

90 Blood Elf Mage
04/02/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Skootalloo
This uh, really sucks. Discipline does not need a nerf right now, especially considering Atonement doesn't provide improved healing on damage debuff bosses and the changes to our crits.

Well, it's not getting the nerf right now. It's coming in 5.3.

What a completely facile response.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

I'm a stickler for accuracy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
04/02/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Skootalloo

But the context in which he was using the word "now" is in the context of saying the proposed change is a change to the state Discipline is in now, which is right now well balanced. I think his contextual use of the word "now" is the one that is typically assumed when talking of proposed changes and yours is the one that is less accurate.

=P
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
04/02/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Torvald

But the context in which he was using the word "now" is in the context of saying the proposed change is a change to the state Discipline is in now, which is right now well balanced. I think his contextual use of the word "now" is the one that is typically assumed when talking of proposed changes and yours is the one that is less accurate.

=P

"Discipline does not need a nerf right now" sounds to me as if the nerf is happening right now, this very moment even with context. It would, I think, be a bit clearer if the 'right now' was dropped entirely.

Personally, I just don't want anyone getting the wrong idea.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

=P

"Discipline does not need a nerf right now" sounds to me as if the nerf is happening right now, this very moment even with context. It would, I think, be a bit clearer if the 'right now' was dropped entirely.

Personally, I just don't want anyone getting the wrong idea.

The statement that a change isn't needed "now" always means a prospective change. The use of the word "now" explicitly means that the current state is the one the person wants to keep.

I'm just saying, I think you could have rested easy that no one would get the wrong idea even without saying it was coming in 5.3. I mean. The only other possibility would have been a hotfix, but if it had been a hotfix, he'd be discussing the change as something that needs to be reverted rather than prevented.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
People who don't think Disc needs more nerfs are delusional. Especially given the utility and DPS you bring on top of world class HPS. Such spoiled children it is unbelievable.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
PVE balance changes should not be balanced around AA being 50% of Disc throughput in LFR, any argument to that effect doesn't seem reasonable to me.

I said this in another thread and I'll echo one of the posters that said it here, the D-team has no idea how to balance Disc properly, and seeing this proposed change does not make me feel in the slightest bit reassured that they do.

Aside from damage modifier fights (and even on damage modifier fights), most Disc logs that I see have the priest utilizing the full tool-kit of spells. Horridon for example may skew the spell selection in AA's favor, but not to the absolute exclusion of other spells, at least from a 10-man perspective.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
You can do whatever the hell you want to Smite healing single targetting, as long as we get a buff in return.
Bring back PoH healing, our burst healing got completely destroyed.
This up-coming nerf is unjustified.

I can hardly breathe I am laughing so hard. Hit me with your best stuff! No really, I'm sure if you try REAL HARD you can top this post. Try it.

So spoiled I think I'm going to vomit.
Edited by Eleäzaras on 4/2/2013 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
People who don't think Disc needs more nerfs are delusional. Especially given the utility and DPS you bring on top of world class HPS. Such spoiled children it is unbelievable.

That's a very information response, care to elaborate without the need to label someone "delusional."

In what way is Disc overpowered at the moment? Disc provides very strong healing and utility. Prior to 5.2 I would definitely agree with the statement, now, definitely not.

Our burst throughput is below Druids, Holy Priests, and Shaman (given the power of their 3-minute CD's). SS has been neutered as well as DA, this has left Disc priests still a very capable healer with the only limitation being burst AOE since SS/PoH/DA spam is not the beast it once was.
Edited by Methuzla on 4/2/2013 2:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
04/02/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Methuzla

That's a very information response, care to elaborate without the need to label someone "delusional."

In what way is Disc overpowered at the moment? Disc provides very strong healing and utility. Prior to 5.2 I would definitely agree with the statement, now, definitely not.

Our burst throughput is below Druids, Holy Priests, and Shaman (given the power of their 3-minute CD's). SS has been neutered as well as DA, this has left Disc priests still a very capable healer with the only limitation being burst AOE since SS/PoH/DA spam is not the beast it once was.

Methuzla, dear, that poster is actually Andromeda, a very bitter Druid. :-\ He's bad at being a Druid, but he blames Priests and Paladins for his problems, despite the fact that good Druids are shining right now. It's actually kind of sad. But, you shouldn't feed the troll (even if he's disguised as a level 1 Gnome!).
Edited by Tiriel on 4/2/2013 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Keep thinking your god-tier class is being persecuted unfairly! You poor, poor things.

You should be on your knees thanking Blizzard for the position you are in. Yet like the spoiled child you are, you instead choose to spit venom at them.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Methuzla, dear, that poster is actually Andromeda, a very bitter Druid. :-\ He's bad at being a Druid, but he blames Priests and Paladins for his problems, despite the fact that good Druids are shining right now. It's actually kind of sad. But, you shouldn't feed the troll (even if he's disguised as a level 1 Gnome!).

Thank's hon, I sometimes find myself feeding the trolls and need to be counseled otherwise.

<3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Keep thinking your god-tier class is being persecuted unfairly! You poor, poor things.

You should be on your knees thanking Blizzard for the position you are in. Yet like the spoiled child you are, you instead choose to spit venom at them.

marking as "trolling" and moving on.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I'm the top healer in my guild, and most of my throughput on a good portion of fights comes from Atonement and Divine Aegis. I use PW:S regularly, and PoM, Divine Star, and Prayer of Healing situationally, and my cooldowns and "oh !@#$" buttons, but outside of that I sit on a rotation like a damage class would.

The 5.2 nerf to monk tanks hit us so hard it forced our main tank to reroll. Hitting a class so hard that a main raider has to reroll two patches in a row is ridiculous. At least if you're gonna nerf our healing to the point that a disc priest isn't a healing class any more, buff our damage so that we can be considered a damage class instead. With that nerf we won't have a role in raids at all.
Edited by Tazibah on 4/2/2013 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
04/02/2013 11:25 PMPosted by Tazibah
The 5.2 nerf to monk tanks

The what?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]