Has anyone used our level 87 ability?

90 Pandaren Monk
On my DK I use Soul Reaper all the time, and like how it works. On my monk I have tried finding a use for transcendence, but it really seems pretty useless to me. I don't PvP with my monk, I am not sure if its more helpful there or something, but does anyone else feel monks got shafted with that ability hehe
Reply Quote
It is used alot in PvP, and you can place it in a pre determined stack point to get there faster in PvE.
Edited by Banil on 4/2/2013 5:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
In a dungeon you can also put it outside the boss room door to reset if the rest of the group wipes. Of course, Pandaria heroics haven't really had much use for this tactic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Certain raid fights, it can be useful, like for example the 6 boss on thunderforge raid. Bird which tries to blow you off the platform. Or you can use it with the hydra snakes 5 boss, to move from one spot to another faster.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It is used all the time in bgs. It just takes some situational awareness and the intelligence to put down the port as you move into a battle zone. Some of the people making monks are just so dumb. Are you really unsure about the value of a short cast, short cd port?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I've gotten my fair share of mileage from Transcendance. It requires somewhat of a tactical mind and a little precognition to fully understand the ability. Use some of the tactics employed by others in this thread and you'll get your fair share of use out of the ability, too.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
I use it all the time for both PvE/PvP content.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Wow Soldeus, dumb is relative, some people would say those without social skills to talk with others politely are dumb too...

Like I mentioned, I don't pvp with the monk, and in pve I find myself having to go out of my way to use it, as opposed to something like soul reaper. It just seemed kinda gimmicky to me for pve.

For the Ji'Kun fight, I just used flying serpent kick to get back to the center of the platform quickly (and do damage too), rather than use transcendence. I haven't tried it on the Maegara fight, usually I find myself waiting on the head to spawn so I am not in a hurry.

I am going to just go with my initial guess that it was more helpful in pvp, where I hear WW monks have issues.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I use it on...

Jin'rohk Heroic to get to a pre-determined stack point for lightning storm (and thus spend more time hitting boss)

Horridon....eh.

Council is also eh.

Tortos depends. If your tank has a certain place that they bring bats, you can plant it there to get from boss to bats and back again.

Magaera is eh as well, but will probably be nice to port to arcane adds.

Ji'kun is good for getting back from the nests asap.

Dumuru is meh.

Primordius is meh.

Dark Animus is good to get back to your spot if you're Matter Swapped asap to avoid accidental deaths.

Iron Qon is good to get out of the tornaodes without worrying about getting caught.

Twin Consorts is okay if you're on Okami duty and need to get to one of the celestial statues asap.

Lei Shen is good to get to your quadrant during intermission asap.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I use it all the time in Scarlet Halls when I tank Arms master Harlan. It's an easy way to get back to the top.

I also use it in bgs, especially helpful when fcing. In warsong gultch you put transcendence up at the edge while you're on the roof, enemies come to kill you, jump down, they follow you and use transcendence again to go back up. Do this same thing in twin peaks. (get away from the edge as quickly as you can or DKs will deathgrip you, druids can feral charge you in cat form, rogues can shadowstep)

It's also handy on elegon...
Edited by Teeninja on 4/2/2013 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Mage
Yeah... social skills are far more important than understanding some minor online game mechanic. Tegu is right; Soldeus, you're dumb.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
It's mostly used to troll horde in random WSG. You place your spirit on the 2nd level of your base while flag carrying. You then hope down, walk outside, and hug the wall of your base. If more horde than you can handle come, you teleport up. By the time they reach you your teleport will be up again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I love to place it on top of warlock portals when they put theirs down. or out of los if I need to heal up. If I'm ever pvpn anywere that has a ledge I can be knocked off of. Or If am near a ledge and im outnumbered, jump down and hopefully people will follow and I tele back up. Its situational for sure tho.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I use it on...

Jin'rohk Heroic to get to a pre-determined stack point for lightning storm (and thus spend more time hitting boss)

Horridon....eh.

Council is also eh.

Tortos depends. If your tank has a certain place that they bring bats, you can plant it there to get from boss to bats and back again.

Magaera is eh as well, but will probably be nice to port to arcane adds.

Ji'kun is good for getting back from the nests asap.

Dumuru is meh.

Primordius is meh.

Dark Animus is good to get back to your spot if you're Matter Swapped asap to avoid accidental deaths.

Iron Qon is good to get out of the tornaodes without worrying about getting caught.

Twin Consorts is okay if you're on Okami duty and need to get to one of the celestial statues asap.

Lei Shen is good to get to your quadrant during intermission asap.

Don't forget that on Mageara you can port away to drop cinders stat! Or on Dark Animus, that a brewmaster can port out from inside the Anima Ring. I found it very usefull back on Sha of Fear.
Edited by Himeròs on 4/3/2013 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
Transcendence is vital for MW pvp
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I think I used it on sha of fear once.
Reply Quote
Action House <---> Mailbox
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd trade lock portal for it any day, just because of the fact it swaps places every time. That, or remove the cooldown. When do I want to be in one place for 25 seconds at once, then move back?

I still use it when I can.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
When do I want to be in one place for 25 seconds at once, then move back?

Well, you could just replace your transcendence down when you return to it...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]