Zombiefest Achievement with pets and totems

90 Tauren Shaman
Oddly enough, I was unable to do this with a Resto Shaman. For some reason magma totem kills don't count towards the achievement. Is it same with warlock, DK or hunter pets? If you pull exactly 100 and one of them gets hits by your pet you are done?

Sounds weird to consider totems as separate entities as totems never get aggro unless I am sapped or something like that...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If a pet, totem, minion, or reflective damage (not many of these anymore, Lightning Shield is the most notable one left) kills something entirely by itself, it doesn't count as you participating in the kill, preventing you from looting it or getting credit for killing it.

It's always worked this way, to prevent some really bizarre/pointless form of farming tricks of being afk in a place where you can't realistically die and having your pet on aggressive (which doesn't exist anymore) so it can run around like a madman murdering things, and you just loot bodies when you get back.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
@OP, although it stinks, use something like a G91 Landshark from blingotron to tag the mobs and then fire nova totem if that doesn't finish the job? I'd suggest something additional too like Ban's Bag of Bombs.

It's always worked this way, to prevent some really bizarre/pointless form of farming tricks of being afk in a place where you can't realistically die and having your pet on aggressive (which doesn't exist anymore) so it can run around like a madman murdering things, and you just loot bodies when you get back.

Being able to AFK in an area with a searing totem / aggressive pet and farm reputation seems like a pretty good point to me.

Also with hunters now you could set up macros to AFK, fetch, and loot if you really wanted to. Probably wouldn't be the most efficient way to farm but there's a reason they have it set up like this.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Bloodlust then spam glyphed Chain Lightning? Shaman doesn't have a lot of AoE options, and resto even less. If you dual specced Elemental you could do Thunderstorm followed by Earthquake and CL to clean up any stragglers. You can cast Thunderstorm twice during the 60-second window, which should be more than enough to do this.
Edited by Raimondas on 4/10/2013 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I recommend stormchops for collecting the aggro so the nose-count comes out right. Creates a tiny AoE on yourself so it torks off the mobs, is never enough to kill a darned thing.

The achieve notes don't claim this has to be done solo.
Edited by Seneschal on 4/11/2013 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]