mana regen with increased pools

100 Pandaren Monk
Will an increased max mana pool increase my regen from spirit still like in Cata? For example, Ascension talent, mana metagem, hymn of hope.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
No.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Unforuntaely no. It's all done in percentages of the max mana pool. So as you theoretically increase a mana pool, you increase the ticks regened but it's still the same percentage of the total mana.

Easy math time:

Skill a returns 5% of mana to you. Your mana pool is 100. You get 5 mana back.

Skill a retunrs 5% of mana to you. Your mana pool is 200. You get 10 mana back.

However, increasing the percentage of mana returned will of course, give you more mana back. As you would expect.
Reply Quote
Will an increased max mana pool increase my regen from spirit still like in Cata? For example, Ascension talent, mana metagem, hymn of hope.

It will increase your regen, but not your regen from spirit.

MP5 is calculated by 2% max mana + .5644 (spirit)

Most of the time (at max level) the first part is a static number of 6000. Hym of hope increases max mana by 15%. So that gives .02 (300000 x 1.15) or 900 extra MP5.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
There is conflicting information here.

If MP5 is based on my max mana pool then my mana regen does increase as I increase my max mana.

With the mana metagem and the Ascension talent my maximum mana is 351.9k. So from what I understand from the post above this means that my base MP5 before spirit is 7038, an increase of 1038 MP5 if I did not take the talent and metagem?
Reply Quote
22 Tauren Shaman
Mp5 is based on your total base mana and spirit. Anything that increases your max mana is not factored in.

Mana Regen = Total Base Mana * 0.02 + (1.1287 * Spirit)
Combat Regen = Total Base Mana * 0.02 + (1.1287 * Spirit * Meditation)

The only benefit from increased max mana is obviously more mana to start with and if you have a % return on max mana some ability. They pretty much got rid of all those with MoP and the only one that I can think of is PW:Solace with a 1% return.
Reply Quote
There are some class-specific skills that return a percentage of max mana, and therefore are increased by the meta gem. Examples:
Innervate (Druid)
Mana Tea (monk)
Mindbender (priest)
Power Word: Solace (priest)

That is not a comprehensive list.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Thank you Lavarinth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]