Blood DK 2s, a gearing discussion.

90 Tauren Death Knight
Just to be mean, I'm thinking of running 2's with another blood DK.

So, say you wanted to gear a blood DK for pvp. Spare no expense. How would you talent, and modify your gear? What gear might you replace with PVE pieces to boost damage? Right now I carry flags using all my same gear/enchants/reforges that I use in my other spec, and just ride on the haste and mastery to get by. But If I were to sink money into it what would you advise.

As of right now this is a thought experiment, any input is appreciated.
Edited by Chaoseater on 3/29/2013 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I'd respec Unholy or Frost
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
ಠ_ಠ
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
ಠ_ಠ
Reply Quote
56 Troll Death Knight
You're a prick for even considering that as an option.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
PVE or FC only. Going blood for 2s is griefing IMO.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Whelp. Found the one topic that can destroy DK camaraderie. I suppose I'll figure it out for myself.

I've played blood since we were a dps spec. I'd prefer to keep playing it. But I guess this is a situation where "play as you want" doesn't exist.
Reply Quote
Doesn't really break comraderie. It's just one of these threads we get every week. Blood is only good for gibbing bad melee teams and standstilling matches in 2s till timeouts.

The only people that continue to use blood in arenas are the diehards, herpa derps, and trolls
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Here's a few tips for pissing people off to maximum capacity:

Run with a heavy burst partner, they might be able to burst unstopped if you are the target.
Use Conversion. It's OP as Unholy, it's even more OP as Blood.
Take Chillblains. Nothing is more annoying than being slowed 50% of the time, just slow them so your partner can kill them.

Lastly, and certainly not least, make sure that your looks really piss people off. Take really annoying transmogs, or use items that turn you into a Gnome or something.
Reply Quote

Run with a heavy burst partner, they might be able to burst unstopped if you are the target.
Take Chillblains. Nothing is more annoying than being slowed 50% of the time, just slow them so your partner can kill them.

Lastly, and certainly not least, make sure that your looks really piss people off. Take really annoying transmogs, or use items that turn you into a Gnome or something.
1. nobody attacks blood dks first in arenas. their partner is always the kill target
2. conversion isnt all its cracked up to be
3. blood is terrible for arenas
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's not really all that hard. If you're dead set on playing blood dk in 2s just remember you have superior death rune regen to any other spec and can dump out a ton of NS. Try to keep dots on everything with roiling blood and don't really use death strike unless you're dying. Necrotic strike is your friend and the only way you will break 1700 as blood. You can also try playing with a stealth class like a rogue or a druid of some kind. Dancing rune weapon will also give you double NS and soul reaper.

You people play dks, which includes all three specs. You can play anything you want if you put the time into it. This Blood<Frost<Unholy superiority complex thing needs to go.
Reply Quote
It's not really all that hard. If you're dead set on playing blood dk in 2s just remember you have superior death rune regen to any other spec and can dump out a ton of NS. Try to keep dots on everything with roiling blood and don't really use death strike unless you're dying. Necrotic strike is your friend and the only way you will break 1700 as blood. You can also try playing with a stealth class like a rogue or a druid of some kind. Dancing rune weapon will also give you double NS and soul reaper.

You people play dks, which includes all three specs. You can play anything you want if you put the time into it. This Blood<Frost<Unholy superiority complex thing needs to go.
when it comes to competitive play sadly there is an x is > y

This isn't something you can argue. Blood lacks any real pressure and forces your teammates to compensate or pay for it by making them the focus target of any match. Blood brings nothing to arenas except drawn out matches and the occasional win against people who lack a brain stem
Edited by Kusari on 3/29/2013 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

1. nobody attacks blood dks first in arenas. their partner is always the kill target

Made it to 1700 in one day as blood blood, conversion is broken, if you knew what I knew, then you would be raging about it, but luckily, you are dumb, so you don't.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Nope, you gotta run another Blood, or a stealther, if you don't run a stealth class, your partner is gonna have no fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Made it to 1700 in one day as blood blood, conversion is broken, if you knew what I knew, then you would be raging about it, but luckily, you are dumb, so you don't.

Wot?

We are getting nerfed next patch so hard that we will not even be viable at all ever in the history of ever. Upcoming patch... Death Knights runicpower now generate at 5 per rune. HAVE FUN! All because an ability is view as "op" on one side of our spectrum. Blizzard will nerf the entire class again don't you worry, just because of one spec.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Wot?

We are getting nerfed next patch so hard that we will not even be viable at all ever in the history of ever. Upcoming patch... Death Knights runicpower now generate at 5 per rune. HAVE FUN! All because an ability is view as "op" on one side of our spectrum. Blizzard will nerf the entire class again don't you worry, just because of one spec.

Ok so potentially in 3+ months we will be nerfed, how is that relevant to our discussion of the current patch? Herpderp, if you don't have something relevant to say, don't talk.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

don't mislead... your rating is 480 and your record is 5-18.

i loved blood dps back in wrath but the spec is now bad for anything outside PVE or FCing. The only class that is at a disadvantage vs. blood = warrs because all their stuff is physical.

Think about this logically.... what are you going to do when you run into a frost or unholy? We have DS, blood presence and conversion too, you know... We also have frost strike, howling blast, tricked out diseases and gargoyles... all of these ignore the blood shield.

Now go home and write me a 4 page essay about what you've learned about fighting people in blood spec.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Wot?

Ok so potentially in 3+ months we will be nerfed, how is that relevant to our discussion of the current patch? Herpderp, if you don't have something relevant to say, don't talk.

We can look at your Arena ratings and Win/Loss you do know that right? We can see that you have a horrible Win/Loss and are crying out for attention which I am giving you because trolling trolls is hilarious.

You are a bad troll and should feel bad. Come back when you have 2000 with double blood Death Knight then we will talk about being OP.

Also Blizzard can "tweak a class" whenever they want to you do know that right? If an ability gets enough rage QQ from people they will do this when ever they want. I said patch because there is a good chance we will receive some form of nerf in 5.3. It is coming...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

don't mislead... your rating is 480 and your record is 5-18.

i loved blood dps back in wrath but the spec is now bad for anything outside PVE or FCing. The only class that is at a disadvantage vs. blood = warrs because all their stuff is physical.

Think about this logically.... what are you going to do when you run into a frost or unholy? We have DS, blood presence and conversion too, you know... We also have frost strike, howling blast, tricked out diseases and gargoyles... all of these ignore the blood shield.

Now go home and write me a 4 page essay about what you've learned about fighting people in blood spec.

Now it's 480, I disbanded my team because we came up against 10-20 healer teams in a row, so it was waaaay too much stalemating =P. Blood totally isn't viable above 1700, it all comes down to luck with a blood blood team at that point, either you come up against double DPS then win easily, or you come up against a healer team then stalemate for 25 minutes until the game is a draw. It got to the point where we had 1850 MMR but only 1708 personal rating, because stalemates don't drop your MMR, but do drop your personal rating, so it just gets crushed by a cumulative build up of MMR+healers.
Umm, unholy and frost damage is a complete joke to blood? Like, those are the easiest wins, unholy/frost either sit in melee range, doing no damage, or try to kite, doing no damage. Care to pit your 2 DK against my one DK?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

We can look at your Arena ratings and Win/Loss you do know that right? We can see that you have a horrible Win/Loss and are crying out for attention which I am giving you because trolling trolls is hilarious.

You are a bad troll and should feel bad. Come back when you have 2000 with double blood Death Knight then we will talk about being OP.

Also Blizzard can "tweak a class" whenever they want to you do know that right? If an ability gets enough rage QQ from people they will do this when ever they want. I said patch because there is a good chance we will receive some form of nerf in 5.3. It is coming...

[quote]

Now it's 480, I disbanded my team because we came up against 10-20 healer teams in a row, so it was waaaay too much stalemating =P. Blood totally isn't viable above 1700, it all comes down to luck with a blood blood team at that point, either you come up against double DPS then win easily, or you come up against a healer team then stalemate for 25 minutes until the game is a draw. It got to the point where we had 1850 MMR but only 1708 personal rating, because stalemates don't drop your MMR, but do drop your personal rating, so it just gets crushed by a cumulative build up of MMR+healers.

I never said blood blood is OP, it's obviously not, given that every healer match up essentially guarantees a stalemate. Conversion is OP, it's broken OP, you are just too stupid to read then spell, then test it, then compare the stated spell effects to what it actually does, if you had done this, we wouldn't be having this chat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]