Soul Reaper - Is it Worth It for 2H Frost?

90 Orc Death Knight

Unholy is still more difficult than Frost.

Neither spec is difficult... lol.

Said the double frost dk... lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

Neither spec is difficult... lol.

regardless of spec choice no class in this game is difficult to play
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Unholy isn't exactly hard to play, It's just about identifying if you should be banking on Festerblight or standard unholy (I honestly would be frost for those fights if I had trispec or didnt need to carry a blood spec to raid)

Irrelevant to this discussion though, as Soul Reaper should be top priority, possibly behind maintaining diseases as frost.
Edited by Azane on 4/1/2013 12:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
If your running a 528+ weapon with 476 ilvl armor then probably 1 Oblit > 2 Soul reapers.

you would need an obscene weapon dmg to atk pwr ratio for Soul reaper to be worse then Oblit.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

You've never played a Feral druid.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I agree, i don't even bother using "Soul Reaper" because "Obliterate" will likely proc a free Howling, I think Soulreaper should be changed to deal "ShadowFrost" damage. I also think "Obliterate" should deal full damage on targets as long as they have "Frost Fever" because it's hardly worth using "Plague Strike" as a Frost DK. That and bring back auto targeting for spells.

You are a terrible DK.

Damage per rune of SR is higher than that of OB by around 8%. That being said, it's generally better to use a KM proc'ed OB over a SR, although the exact situations vary based on gear, RP, runes, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

Yes, yes I have. And I agree completely with what he said.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I used to main one.

It's not nearly as hard now as it used to be.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
May i ask if the 4p bonus will do more dmg then 2 heroic thunderforged piece.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
03/31/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Amanroth
I agree, i don't even bother using "Soul Reaper" because "Obliterate" will likely proc a free Howling, I think Soulreaper should be changed to deal "ShadowFrost" damage. I also think "Obliterate" should deal full damage on targets as long as they have "Frost Fever" because it's hardly worth using "Plague Strike" as a Frost DK. That and bring back auto targeting for spells.
More faceroll please.

If Soul Reaper were changed to Shadowfrost damage, pre-execute damage would have to be nerfed to compensate.

Hitting Plague Strike and keeping Blood Plague on target increases Oblit's damage by 12.5%. Making it do a full +25% with only Fever would severely dumb down the spec. DKs need smarting up as a whole.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I remember when you had to apply each disease manually and misusing a rune, or missing hte timing on one because you moved wrong, cut your DPS in half.

The idea that either DPS spec is "difficult" now is hilarious.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
04/27/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Furor
I remember when you had to apply each disease manually
You mean aaalll the way back in 5.1?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/27/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Powerßottom
You mean aaalll the way back in 5.1?

lolwut

Outbreak was a Catalcysm thing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Outbreak is a cooldown. Not exactly rotational. Besides that QoL ability as well UH's very recent change to Ebon Plaguebringer, DKs haven't changed much at all in the application department.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Outbreak is a cooldown. Not exactly rotational. Besides that QoL ability as well UH's very recent change to Ebon Plaguebringer, DKs haven't changed much at all in the application department.

@_@

you can't really be this dense
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Says the frost DK... there is no comparison between frost and unholy, unholy is a lot more difficult to play, but the again you are a PVE player, in PVE nothing is difficult.

UH really isn't that much harder to play than Frost. Get off your high horse.

And don't bash PvE players because they play PvE, when you've done nothing noteable in PvP yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/29/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Bebbit
Says the frost DK... there is no comparison between frost and unholy, unholy is a lot more difficult to play, but the again you are a PVE player, in PVE nothing is difficult.

UH really isn't that much harder to play than Frost. Get off your high horse.

And don't bash PvE players because they play PvE, when you've done nothing noteable in PvP yourself.

Ehh, forgot I was on my Druid there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
04/27/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Furor
-There are still only 2 diseases.
-Outbreak is a 60 second cooldown. When it's on cooldown, and getting cleansed in PVP means it's always on cooldown, you have to apply each disease manually.
-The very recent and amazing QoL change for Unholy is really the only exception to this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
-There are still only 2 diseases.
-Outbreak is a 60 second cooldown. When it's on cooldown, and getting cleansed in PVP means it's always on cooldown, you have to apply each disease manually.
-The very recent and amazing QoL change for Unholy is really the only exception to this.

Last two patches of WotLK, you had GoD available to spend a single Blood rune to refresh both diseases via Pestilence. Come Cataclysm, Frost only had to PS once every 30s, Blood was given a 30s Outbreak, and Unholy got to Outbreak every minute and use FeS to span the 30s gap that Frost had.

So, yeah, no specs have had to manually apply both diseases using two GCDs since Ulduar.

lolPvP
Edited by Furor on 4/30/2013 7:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]