Shield Slam too strong for low bgs. Plz
( -50% life no crit )
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Low level bgs =/= balanced

Move along now. /shoo
Reply Quote
48 Human Monk
It's balanced, just prot warrior must be nerf actually.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Instead of nerfing 1 move, we can nerf all other classes so that the players know that they stand no chance against a Prot warrior in low level BG's and therefore, stop trying and stop complaining.

hmmm...that will work.
Edited by Denndei on 3/29/2013 7:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
74 Human Death Knight
Why its so hard to understand that at low levels is not balanced? Just level up till 90 and forget about low level bracket, low levels its not the main object of the game....stop crying about shield slam.... /sigh
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Blizzard has enough difficulty attempting to balance classes at maximum level. Throwing in lower-levels into the mix would just send balance to the grave.
Reply Quote
48 Human Monk
It's not hard to reduce the damage to one spell ...
Top 3 in my bg : 3 Prot warrior.
4300 Critical Shield Slam - We have 4500 life.
Please, do something.
Reply Quote
41 Tauren Druid
I understand they are not going to balance around low levels. Just funny to see all of the FoTm's coming out of the wood work. Just finished a warsong with 7 prot warriors between the teams and all of them finished at the top as far as damage goes.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
Messing with Shield Slam damage would mess with Lvl 90 Prot Warrior damage/Threat. They buffed Shield Slam damage by 25% and Deep Wounds by 50% (50% for Prot, 100% for Arms) because Prot Warriors were falling way behind the other tanks in terms of damage/threat output.
It's nice seeing a 200k+ Shield Slam Crit with Vengeance and Shield Block up now, but you know what? My Brewmaster Monk still does more damage, hell, he can do 200k+ Crit Keg Smashes to multiple opponents at the same time.
Edited by Korbu on 3/29/2013 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
They can't nerf shield slam damage like that or prot tanks would fall way behind the pack in end game raiding.

The high Dmg on SS is also the way leveling tanks keep threat in dungeons. So, scaling the Dmg higher at 90 while reducing is across the board isn't a likely fix either.

Best solution I can come up with is to code the game to reduce the damage in BG only, but that seems like a lot of work for a level range most people are only in for a few days at best
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
They dont have to nerf top SS damage

all they have to do , is push back the scaling for lower levels, so at say 85 the scaling starts going back up to normal levels. A sort of rank 1 SS as you will then a rank 2 at 85.

They need to sort the damage out ,its insane, being full heirloomed and getting hit for 80% of your HP. Even disc priests cant hold there own 1v1 in lower brackets any more.

Consistent 1.5k-2k Shield slams in the 30s bracket, i have 3k hp. They need the damage reduced.

The amount of Fotm prot warriors showing up is staggering too, about 7-10 prot warriors all up in a single BG. Its no longer fun for anyone par prot warriors now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Honestly though, this has been the case for multiple classes for a long time. It wasn't that long ago that Rogues were 1-2 shotting people from stealth (heck, they still hit plenty hard) in sub-90 level BGs. Same for Hunters that could take down a lot of people in a single Focus bar from 40 yards away.

Now it's Prot Warriors Shield Slamming for massive damage. Low level BGs aren't balanced, and Blizzard seems to have decided that their efforts are better placed elsewhere right now. THis will go on for a while until a new patch happens and affects lower levels in another way, and we'll have a new FotM BG class.
Reply Quote
71 Tauren Paladin
They should change it, they did it for Holy Paladin damage and Disc Priest damage for example.

Yeah but why make PvPing enjoyable for ALL paying customers, to me it seems like Blizzard has this idea that all this game is now is level 90 and nothing else.
Edited by Mcribeye on 4/1/2013 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
Honestly though, this has been the case for multiple classes for a long time. It wasn't that long ago that Rogues were 1-2 shotting people from stealth (heck, they still hit plenty hard) in sub-90 level BGs. Same for Hunters that could take down a lot of people in a single Focus bar from 40 yards away.

Now it's Prot Warriors Shield Slamming for massive damage. Low level BGs aren't balanced, and Blizzard seems to have decided that their efforts are better placed elsewhere right now. THis will go on for a while until a new patch happens and affects lower levels in another way, and we'll have a new FotM BG class.

You forgot about priests one shotting with penance and having 100% uptime on PW: Shield. There will always be 1 or 2 classes that dominate low level pvp. Nothing you could ever do about it.
Reply Quote
71 Tauren Paladin
You forgot about priests one shotting with penance and having 100% uptime on PW: Shield. There will always be 1 or 2 classes that dominate low level pvp. Nothing you could ever do about it.

Except that shield lasts for about one shield slam now:)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
04/01/2013 11:09 AMPosted by Mcribeye

Except that shield lasts for about one shield slam now:)

I was talking past tense.
Reply Quote
50 Human Warrior
Shield Slam is stupid overpowered. It just simply needs to scale better, plain and simple.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Shield Slam is stupid overpowered. It just simply needs to scale better, plain and simple.
Pretty sure that would screw it up for us Warriors at 90.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Though I think that nerfing Shield Slam in general would be bad in order to help lower level content, there's a definite scaling (level-wise) issue with the spell.

I leveled two warriors, one before 5.2 and one after. With the one after 5.2, I found that I was one-shotting every single quest mob, or, at most, having let a few autoattacks hit it afterward. In my experience, other classes can't knock 80-90% of a mob's health off with a single ability. Sure, it's fun, but definitely OP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't understand why it is impossible to balance a single ability for low levels without messing up end game. Like, is it really that hard to modify an ability's damage depending on level? Seems to me this would be an easy fix if someone at Blizz even put 15 minutes into it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]