Nerf Shield Slam low levels please

80 Night Elf Warrior
Nerf monk heals. Plz.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
This is a new and exciting topic that has never been discussed before. Brb making another warrior and leveling solely in bgs so we can have more shi tty threads about low levels.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Don't forget prot palis, disc/holy/shadow priest (they are all impossible to kill 1v1), hunters, frost mages, ele sham dmg, dk's who use death siphon.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
04/01/2013 11:09 AMPosted by Mcribeye
You forgot about priests one shotting with penance and having 100% uptime on PW: Shield. There will always be 1 or 2 classes that dominate low level pvp. Nothing you could ever do about it.

Except that shield lasts for about one shield slam now:)

You see the logic there? Thats how OP that absorb is... if it takes one shield slam and its OP and you're still full health it means you have an effective HP pool double that of any other player.... on top of out putting retarded pressure with penance.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Cause you know the fact that a Dk at 90 can click 2 buttons and do 400k is very balanced.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I can kill anything 1v1 on my level 30 druid(feral) and warrior(arms) except prot warriors nothign else literally 1 hits me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
It's not hard to reduce the damage to one spell ...
Top 3 in my bg : 3 Prot warrior.
4300 Critical Shield Slam - We have 4500 life.
Please, do something.

Drink Potions faster...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I don't understand why it is impossible to balance a single ability for low levels without messing up end game. Like, is it really that hard to modify an ability's damage depending on level? Seems to me this would be an easy fix if someone at Blizz even put 15 minutes into it.

If there was only 1 ability that was scaling with level improperly it would be easy. But that is not the case, at lower levels healing is completely OP, shielding is completely OP, abilities like death siphon are completely OP, Arcane shot is completely OP, and the list goes on and on. They would have to fix a mountain of crap.
Edited by Ripcage on 4/3/2013 1:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Worgen Hunter
It could easily be scaled better. I was playing my priest alt the other day ~level 54 and this prot warrior ~53 one shot me over and over. This is completely unbalanced and could easily be altered. Don't give the the bs that it's low level pvp. Something this blatant could be fixed. When did anyone say endgame is end all be all. I pay just as much as any of you, and should be able to demand a fix to a very simple problem.
Reply Quote
6 Worgen Hunter
They could simply scale it better. Prot warriors should not be doing the most damage of any class or talent tree. The whole spec is built around defense and survivability. It is not just pvp either. In dungeons the prot warrior tank is out dpsing everyone. Complete bull!@#$.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
04/03/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Ripcage
I don't understand why it is impossible to balance a single ability for low levels without messing up end game. Like, is it really that hard to modify an ability's damage depending on level? Seems to me this would be an easy fix if someone at Blizz even put 15 minutes into it.

If there was only 1 ability that was scaling with level improperly it would be easy. But that is not the case, at lower levels healing is completely OP, shielding is completely OP, abilities like death siphon are completely OP, Arcane shot is completely OP, and the list goes on and on. They would have to fix a mountain of crap.

I'm just saying, it would be cool if they would at least try to balance the most broken aspects, at least a teensy bit (starting with shield slam).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Just looked through this whole thing and noticed about 90 percent of all people who said to just lvl to 90 and that low lvl pvp is always unbalanced are warriors. Nearly everybody else is complaining. I can easily solo any class on my warlock or fury warrior at low lvls but a prot can take me out in what? 2 hits? Also i would like to point out a warlock has to cast roughly about ten times to get a chaos bolt and it still doesnt do damage close to shield slam. While it takes prots about 6 seconds each wait time? 1-89 makes up a lot of the game believe it or not....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Just looked through this whole thing and noticed about 90 percent of all people who said to just lvl to 90 and that low lvl pvp is always unbalanced are warriors.
1.) We do have alts.
2.)We're not the only ones with strong abiliteis at low levels. It damn near impossible to break a Priest bubble. Ambush hurts like hell. Chaos Bolt is no joke. And healing is a !@#$ing joke.

Also i would like to point out a warlock has to cast roughly about ten times to get a chaos bolt and it still doesnt do damage close to shield slam.
Its pretty damn close.

While it takes prots about 6 seconds each wait time? 1-89 makes up a lot of the game believe it or not.
In the years WoW has been around, Blizzard has never cared to try to balance around low levels. Want to know why? Because its such a small fraction of what the game even has to offer.

And complaining the Warrior forums isn't magically going to make Devs go "Oh, we should nerf Warriors at low levels because we've never done it before and now would be a great time to start"

Devs don't even read class forums to being with.
Reply Quote
74 Troll Rogue
if there was a nice outline people compiled for blizzard that could help them. instead of wasting your time complaining hoping someone will read your comment why don't you take some initiative and give some positive feed back, maybe you won't sound like a total noob?

everyone loves organization so i'd probably like to state that move should be ordered by how players should be learning the game and how badly they need a spell at levels based on encounters pvp and pve!

that being said the scaling of damage can be slowly but surely compiled with enough resources but that isn't the main goal of this post as the goal should be utility and primary functions.

ex: hunters getting a 5 second slow at a really low level.
ex: hunter pets getting a 5 second snare at low level.
ex: hunter pets getting a 4 second stun at low level.
ex: paladins getting a 5 second stun at low level.
i think i ran out of trinkets, i hope my next shield slam, the only spell i can use before i'm dead, 1 hits them?!

take some time and think about it, why are the durations of stuns maxed out at such a low level and your complaining about 1 little thing that still somewhat makes sense when provided all the other situations.

if a warrior wants to kill something that can kite them Forever they need to kill it fast, wait but they only have a few spells to use and if they have to generate rage first they are not going to have time and die.

the problem lies all around the board on this subject.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I finally see what you all mean by shield slam being over powered. While leveling a fire mage (level 42 currently) I got ambushed by a prot warrior, I have about 3k hp and his shield slam hit me for 1k (my ice barrier only absorbed 200 damage because it was weakened, but if it was at full strength that one shield slam would of not only taken out the barrier, but I would also take damage as well, not a lot, but still), and his revenge hit me for another 1k, 2/3 of my hp gone before the charge stun ended. Though I got away thanks to frost nova, blink, and blazing speed.
Reply Quote
74 Troll Rogue
guy who posted above me, i understand that you might be mad that your little mage gets 2 hit by a heaving hitting spell but ur a mage. play harder and avoid taking damage...

knowing that someone is going to literally kill you almost instantly should be enough reason to plan against it right?

well if the point of these posts are seeing how many people will agree with someone then i should stop posting before i start since personally it doesn't do anything for me if people all agree and nothing more...

by the way my prot warrior got a 6.8k crit at lvl 40 on a critter.

pvp i average around 600 on plate non crit to 2500 cloth non crit. i'm very appreciative of all my free kills in WSG on FC's and healers, but i'm myth'd as to why no one has spent any time helping blizzard actually solve this problem rather then arguing and complaining when clearly anyone that passed high school math can see in a few seconds what seems over powered about these prot warriors

speaking of things that are broken your forgetting about healing and absorption bubbles and stuns and then and then and then and then and then and then.

if you expect them to completely alter something you better compile more information then NERF THIS OP PLZ?!?!?! OR I FLIP TABLE!

even with this insane damage that turns out to not kill someone with a healer anyways seeing as casters use spells basically free until 40 when they still cost Very low considering past game play. all around someone fully geared has just about always 1-2 hit some lowbie with no gear.

even then the notion of blizzard giving hunters, paladins, and monks a free infinite slow is just obseard...

honestly i'm waiting for the replies i'd expect from a random dungeon group where everyone buddies up with the closest related opinion and then majority kicks you regardless of you being right or wrong since their feelings are soo touchy since they believe they will forever and always get their way.

or the reply from the selfish hunter that won't stop pulling 1 mob at a time yelling at you since their pet is tanking it with the taunt they are given. as soon as the tank stops pulling to say something the group gets mad they don't have someone readily meeting their tank needs and since enough people are affected when Just the Tank does something unusual there is a really high chance he will get kicked!

Aside from the 20% of the groups that have 1 person that sticks up for the tank wanting to do a tanks job that is being hindered by the hunter and then the next 10 min is spent arguing the point of the hunter pulling agro off a tank when the tank wants to lead the group a certain way.
(a good group and i'm pulling without stopping to eat or anything as long as the healer was smart enough to focus on good positioning running with me as i kite huge groups of mobs AOE'ing them down without the need of any additional dps but hey)
here are some arguments...!
ex.1
oh you should let him play the game how he pleases.
don't worry about it, he is only pulling 1 mob at a time, just keep pulling already
dude why did you stop pulling
you don't have to stop just cuz the hunter wants to use his pet
why aren't you a better tank and holding agro
wtf tank why u suck, my pet has agro
why i die from agro
stop sucking and take agro

as you can clearly see this system of kicking people only works when people aren't well...^

i can write out these examples all day since i see them all day. almost instantly when i say something about people pulling and that i would like to actually Tank the instance then just FFA killing spree on npc's like a kid in a candy store....
Edited by Supakilla on 4/30/2013 8:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
71 Tauren Warrior
Uh, shield slam is getting a nerf in 5.3. Don't you guys read the patch notes?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374#warrior

"Shield Slam now receives a 50% bonus to attack damage from attack power (down from 100%) for Warriors below level 85."
Reply Quote
74 Troll Rogue
for the love of warriors, and everything else pvp hero worthy... 50% is kind of a BIG nerf. how do you expect a warrior to kill a hunter now. you only get 1 shot to kill them after the perma slow...

seems like kind of a joke, i don't see them doing anything about stuns, snares, silences, slows

where is the duration curve set to make the game not so damn dependent on spamming your low cool down lvl 90 duration moves. aside from kidney shot(which requires combo points and some conscious thought for a good player) no CC ability should have a full duration at such a low level!

i understand that blizzard wanted to remove spell ranks but seriously. lvl 20 paladin runs up, stuns you for 5 seconds, fully heals himself with each spell. never worries about mana. i fail to see the challenge here... is the next paladin buff a bubble that lasts 30 seconds? or is their 5 second stun going to affect up to 5 targets within 40 yards... specifically anyone targeting the paladin because why would blizzard let their players worry about taking damage.
Edited by Supakilla on 4/30/2013 8:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]