what happened to this place?

90 Human Paladin
There's like zero guilds looking for raiders. This server is like a ghost town.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
A ton of the top raiding guilds left during T14.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior

03/30/2013 08:42 PMPosted by Whodatank
There's like zero guilds looking for raiders.

zero guilds looking for raiders.

zero

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197741780

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592639536

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8411301167

k
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
good guilds*
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
good guilds*

Then maybe the original post should say:

"Why are there no guilds downing a heroic boss every day looking for raiders? Rather than try and work with a guild that is still doing Heart of Fear, I'd like to jump in with a guild that is already progressing well without me."

Or

"Any GOOD guilds recruiting?"
Edited by Padook on 3/31/2013 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

Then maybe the original post should say:

"Why are there no guilds downing a heroic boss every day looking for raiders? Rather than try and work with a guild that is still doing Heart of Fear, I'd like to jump in with a guild that is already progressing well without me."

You don't have to down a heroic boss every day to be considered "good". I'd call that semi-hardcore. Good, in my opinion, would be killing a few new normal bosses in a reasonable amount of time, eventually clearing a Tier's normal mode before the next tier comes out.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

WoWprogress Realm Rank: 194

No decent guilds or players will transfer to Ravencrest due to that rank and with guilds eventually breaking up/transferring it's only a downward spiral.

Casual, semi-hardcore, hardcore more depends on time and energy spent rather than progression rate.
Edited by Camirex on 3/31/2013 9:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Good, in my opinion, would be killing a few new normal bosses in a reasonable amount of time, eventually clearing a Tier's normal mode before the next tier comes out.

Well... no. That's pretty damn bad. Only clearing a normal mode before the next tier comes out?

That may be "good" for ravencrest. But it's by no means good in general.

Interesting how your viewpoint of a "good guild" changes depending on your personal progression though.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

Interesting how your viewpoint of a "good guild" changes depending on your personal progression though.

Can you prove to me where I had a differing viewpoint on what made a guild good from previous posts?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Can you prove to me where I had a differing viewpoint on what made a guild good from previous posts?

Can you honestly say that if you were in a 12/12+ guild right now, you'd say that a guild that only just managed to get 3/12 was "good". I don't think anyone would agree that is "good" at all.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

Can you honestly say that if you were in a 12/12+ guild right now, you'd say that a guild that only just managed to get 3/12 was "good". I don't think anyone would agree that is "good" at all.

My current group has been through weeks of carrying players that were below others as well as having many many issues come up that would not allow us to have our entire raid group together for several raid nights, and we're still looking for a healer. 3/12 is good for what we have been having to deal with. If I were in a 12/12+ guild, I would consider a group that could down a few normal bosses every week and clearing the raid by the end of the tier good, and I would consider the 12/12+ guild semi-hardcore due to the "+" (which implies that heroic bosses would be dying.)
Edited by Theappfan on 3/31/2013 10:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
If I were in a 12/12+ guild, I would consider a group that could down a few normal bosses every week and clearing the raid by the end of the tier good

This doesn't really make sense. If a group downs a few normal bosses every week, they'd be done by week 4-5.

Also I have no idea how you have trouble recruiting or pugging on Stormrage lol, there's 8/12 pugs here on Mal'ganis already and Stormrage is basically the same in server progression.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

Also I have no idea how you have trouble recruiting or pugging on Stormrage lol, there's 8/12 pugs here on Mal'ganis already and Stormrage is basically the same in server progression.

Didn't say we were having issues recruiting people - I said we were having issue with people playing well below everyone else. The reason we're looking for a healer atm is because we had to kick him for his attitude like 2 days ago. We actually just recently replaced our hunter DPS with a pug that enjoyed raiding with us in pugs. Also, grats on being accepted into Pharm school. (no sarcasm)
Edited by Theappfan on 4/1/2013 5:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I would say that "good" is a highly subjective term. As it is right now, there are 19,243 guilds in the US and EU that have killed normal Jin'rokh. Let's set a standard of "good" at the top 20% of raiding guilds. By this standard, the top 3,849 guilds are "good." As it is right now, that would be all the guilds that have killed at least normal Primordius as being good.

Personally, that is not to my standard of raiding, but I don't speak for everyone. The standard of "good" can range from showing up to raids consistently to being on the bleeding edge of world firsts. It all depends on what you want out of the game.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest

I despise that people assume a guild is bad purely based on its raiding chops.
Edited by Raziya on 4/1/2013 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Sorry Raz, I didnt mean to imply that. I was more speaking on progression raiding specifically and ignoring other factors that make a guild great.

If you enjoy your guild and have fun with the people you play with, then that's all that really matters.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
04/01/2013 12:45 PMPosted by Popes

Sorry Raz, I didnt mean to imply that. I was more speaking on progression raiding specifically and ignoring other factors that make a guild great.

If you enjoy your guild and have fun with the people you play with, then that's all that really matters.

Oh, I didn't think I was quoting you :P I know you don't think that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
04/01/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Raziya

Oh, I didn't think I was quoting you :P I know you don't think that.

You didnt quote me -- just clarifying :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Didn't say we were having issues recruiting people - I said we were having issue with people playing well below everyone else.

Yeah, clicking your abilities and thinking you're better than everyone else because you are too stubborn to use a boss mod can have that effect.

Also, isn't that essentially the same thing? e.g. replace !@#$ters if you can't even kill tortos.
Edited by Alessaa on 4/1/2013 11:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

Yeah, clicking your abilities

Who clicks? If you're referring to me, I haven't clicked since early Firelands.

and thinking you're better than everyone else because you are too stubborn to use a boss mod

Sensey got DBM.

Also, isn't that essentially the same thing? e.g. replace !@#$ters if you can't even kill tortos.

Well, no. If we were having recruiting issues, we would still be looking for more people for a raid group. We got our last healer last night and we plan on finally progressing at a rate that is closer to what we intended. Think of it like when we were stuck on Heroic Spine in Paradigm Shift. How we had good players, we were just missing that 1-2 slots that would make it a kill.
Edited by Theappfan on 4/2/2013 4:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]