Two nice folks looking for a new home...

90 Worgen Death Knight
Hello!

My friend and I are looking for a new realm to call home, and he has tasked me with finding it because he's lazy (sorry, "busy"... *cough* :p). And Emerald Dream was my first thought, being seemingly the most robust of the relatively few RP-PvP realms, but perhaps the locals can aid in our decision.

Him: Tough guy, refuses to play on a non-PvP realm

Me: Unapologetic pansy, dragged kicking and screaming from my old RP realm to his PvP realm

Him: Awesome and very experienced at raiding, but just doesn't have time to do it in a "real" progression guild right now, wants to be able to find a guild that only raids like once a week and/or find a healthy PuG raid population for what odd times he is able to raid

Me: Inexperienced at raiding but a fast learner; willing to gear to be an alternate but not get "butt-hurt" if I'm never a core raider

Him: Completely unfamiliar with RP but curious about it

Me: Experienced/decent RPer but kinda shy about it at first

Both of us: Interested in a realm with a somewhat healthy wPvP environment, that is, "turf wars" and the like, but not huge amounts of ganking (the occasional gank is fine of course and comes with the territory, but we're not looking for "you can always count on being ganked and likely camped within three minutes of stepping outside your faction's city"). Have never been on a high pop realm, want to experience the bustling economy and larger social network, but not interested in a realm SO high-pop that we're looking at 30+ minute queues every night

So! Sorry to be so long-winded, but we really are looking for a new home (as opposed to a "flavor of the month" type server), and we want to find the best fit. What say you, Emerald Dreamers? Do we sound like a pair that might fit in with y'all? ^_^
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Hunter
Sounds good to me, though I wouldn't come here with any expectations of PvE progress.

See ya in th' field.
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warrior
This server is where PVE comes to die, but WPVP and RP is everywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As a PvE'r on the realm, I think this realm has decent PvE available. There are a few very PvE-oriented guilds, but there are a lot of opportunities in pugs. I used to pug every week on my alt and for the most part there were normal clears available for MSV and Hof. I don't think I've ever seen a heroic pug on this server. Peak time for pugs are usually 7-9 p.m. EST on T-Th, and then really anytime after 3p.m. on the weekends. I'm not sure about the overall pug ToT situation, but it's probably up to the third boss.

As someone also sensitive about PvP, I find ganking is usually associated with new quest hubs/daily areas. I usually group up with other guild members to make a full party. Really helps counteract the PvP.

As for queues, sometimes they're amazingly quick, sometimes they're not. Just cross your fingers.
Reply Quote
<The Pack> Is an all Worgen Rp-PvP guild if your friend is Worgen also

<Sentinels of the Blade> is an all Nelf and Worgen Rp-PvP guild

Both are great guilds
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warrior
<The Pack> Is an all Worgen Rp-PvP guild if your friend is Worgen also

<Sentinels of the Blade> is an all Nelf and Worgen Rp-PvP guild

Both are great guilds

This.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/29/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Cancionanxo
(the occasional gank is fine of course and comes with the territory, but we're not looking for "you can always count on being ganked and likely camped within three minutes of stepping outside your faction's city").
It can very around here from night to night. Some night you may not run into anyone at all, but some nights you may just be stomped into the ground day in and day out, where the only mercy comes when you close your game client. As you said, it comes with the territory.

So long as you're both interested in RP and WPVP, you'll get along swimmingly here. The raiding is alright- it's certainly not the champion of PVE servers- but there's always a few PUGs to be found and there are a couple of guilds with fewer nights/less rigid schedules.
Reply Quote
They are just trying to sell it. You will probably be ganked in any daily area within 3-10 minutes of arriving alone.
Reply Quote
I'd reccomend traveling or doing dailies in a group. My glad friend just wants to do stuff on his own and fish and he gets ganked a lot and got really mad lol. But yeah, PvE is -ok- for the server, WPVP and RP is heavyset around here. I, myself, haven't gotten into learning to RP on WoW yet so I can't really point you in the directions on where they all are, it's mostly guild based, and if your friend likes to arena there are some decent sorts here who would like to make pushes to 2200. Welcome to ED.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
So, here's my $0.02 worth.

I don't raid and rarely do instances, so I can't help you on how the PvE here is. But like you, I'm actually not much of a PvPer. I'm working on learning and gearing up, though, so that I can better protect myself and my friends, guildmates, and allies, and I really do love the open world PvP here because it A) makes the RP more immersive, and B) adds an element of risk to the otherwise pretty predictable world of questing. It forces me to stay on my toes and have more situational awareness than I need when I can just watch the mob's pattern for a bit to know when to attack, sneak by, or whatever. If you do roll here, I'd advise learning at least enough about it and gearing for it sufficiently that you can at least fight back -- as well as join a guild that'll come help if you're having trouble.

How do you feel about your current PvP server? It's difficult to gauge what's going to drive someone else buggy about wPvP. I mean, you -will- get ganked, and you'll probably get camped, though that doesn't happen very often to me -- being a rogue, though, I'm pretty good at avoiding fights, so that may have a lot to do with why, I honestly don't know. Quest hubs, especially at level cap, are huge ganking spots, as are the honor and conquest vendors. I hear that PvP on the Isle of Thunder is unhinged right now, but I haven't been there yet to see for myself.

But whether it's past the point of fun for you will depend on how much it takes to get under your skin. (I'll also say that if it does get under your skin, do NOT let on, and for godssake don't post about it on the realm forum. That'll only encourage more ganking from folks who do it for that very purpose.) I've been ganked a lot, and once I got over the shock, it stopped really bothering me unless someone's just a jerk about it. But I have friends who still get extremely frustrated by it, and it can make the game a lot less fun for them. I'm not sure how to help you figure out beforehand whether ED is going to hit that level for you.

As for the RP, this is the only RP server I've leveled on, so I have nothing to compare it to. However, I really enjoy it, and I think the RP community here is pretty thriving. It drives a fair bit of the PvP, which in turn can sometimes drive the RP. If you want to roll an alt on ED and get a feel for the place (or, heck, if you just transfer sight unseen), hit me up in game. The Devilclaw Outlaws have a tavern night on Tuesdays, and other guilds have regular and periodic events as well -- House Blackstone and GnomeTech spring to mind Alliance-side, as well as Sentinels of the Blade and The Päck. I'm sure there are many more, and I know there are Horde guilds as well, but I don't play Horde very much so I'm not the best person to talk about it.

In any event, good luck in your search, and if you do decide to come here, welcome to Emerald Dream!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I like pie.

Do you enjoy pie?

Then come to Emerald Dream.

Was that so hard guys? I TOLD YOU TO PUSH THE PIE!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
ED in a nutshell:

Player A gets ganked by player B

Player A gets mad and calls a friend to kill player B

Player B gets mad and summons the might of 1 million suns to crush and burn every acre of the world. (aka he called a 20+ man raid because he was so upset that he felt it was necessary.)

Player A gets mad at Player B's raid and decides to rage whisper player B and/or make a forum post, where Player B and friends go on to make fun of him while killing him over and over.

and then there's some RP here and there (not involving the above) and a lot of the RPers here are very creative, they have an alternative site called Emeralddrama where they post their stories. Some aren't too good, but others would make you think that they are proffesional writers, with the way they describe things.
as well as some PvE, though ED is kinda behind the other servers in progression.
and over all casual fun.

ED is a great server to come to, but be wary of the RP griefers. They're really bad at griefing, but it just gets annoying after a little bit. There's also quite a bit of drama, because people like to get in the mind-set that, although this is a game, It is very serious.

I, Ruvin, the crown cutie of ED, personally extend a hearty welcome to you, and your friend.

If you choose to come here, that is.

Edit: Also this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6572357586

will pretty much answer any questions you may have.
Edited by Ruvin on 3/30/2013 5:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I have yet to experience end game, this is my first high level in World of Warcraft. However, the moment I stepped out in Hellfire, in Outlands, it was non stop pvp (which I love). There is also plenty of Role Playing to be found as well as a great community of people!!

If you are afraid of being ganked, this server is not for you. It happens a lot as well as camping. A lot of people from what I hear travels in groups, which makes it easier.

There is nothing like Emerald Dream!! Glad that my first choice of a server was a great one. However, a lot of it has to do with the guild I am in, Dragonmaw is amazing, the people in it are amazing and I am glad I found a place to call home :o)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

I don't raid and rarely do instances, so I can't help you on how the PvE here is. But like you, I'm actually not much of a PvPer.

Lmao. So what do you even do?

I, Ruvin, the crown cutie of ED, personally extend a hearty welcome to you, and your friend.

"Self-entitled crown cutie of ED"

VOILA!
Edited by Atheistmage on 3/30/2013 9:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

I don't raid and rarely do instances, so I can't help you on how the PvE here is. But like you, I'm actually not much of a PvPer.

Lmao. So what do you even do?

"Self-entitled crown cutie of ED"

VOILA!

No actually ima crown him qt cause he look so fine.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
::Obligatory additional plug for <Sentenals of the Blade> Night Elf RP guild run by the lovely and witty Fafen::
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/30/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Áyllin
edirl blog

Best website for people who seek internet attention. lawl
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
::Obligatory additional plug for <Sentenals of the Blade> Night Elf RP guild run by the lovely and witty Fafen::

Fafen? :D
Reply Quote
ED in a nutshell:

Player A gets ganked by player B

Player A gets mad and calls a friend to kill player B

Player B gets mad and summons the might of 1 million suns to crush and burn every acre of the world. (aka he called a 20+ man raid because he was so upset that he felt it was necessary.)

Player A gets mad at Player B's raid and decides to rage whisper player B and/or make a forum post, where Player B and friends go on to make fun of him while killing him over and over.

and then there's some RP here and there (not involving the above) and a lot of the RPers here are very creative, they have an alternative site called Emeralddrama where they post their stories. Some aren't too good, but others would make you think that they are proffesional writers, with the way they describe things.
as well as some PvE, though ED is kinda behind the other servers in progression.
and over all casual fun.

ED is a great server to come to, but be wary of the RP griefers. They're really bad at griefing, but it just gets annoying after a little bit. There's also quite a bit of drama, because people like to get in the mind-set that, although this is a game, It is very serious.

If you choose to come here, that is.

Edit: Also this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6572357586

will pretty much answer any questions you may have.

rubin stahp
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]