Small change to make arcane competitive again

100 Draenei Mage
The movement heavy fights in ToT are obviously not optimal for arcane, fire is good and so is frost even though most of a mages dmg is coming from NT which in most mages opinion is kinda lame considering were supposed to be nukers not multi dotters.

So, why not make rune of power for arcane spec only instant (or extremely short cast) and be auto placed at your feet... BUT once u move it cancels it. This small change still makes the mage cast and re cast for movement fights but removes the clunkyness of the stupid reticule (same issue with the old frost pet nova).

I think this small change would go a long way in making arcane competitive again while not so OP like it was with scorch weaving and 100% 6 stacks.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Why not make rune of power like the rune you get from the dagger in the dark scenario? Stays under your feet in a small circle and moves with you, and lasts for a few minutes.

Maybe it's just me but creating a talent that makes you sit in one place in a game where moving out of bad every 1.5 seconds is everything seems very... cruel.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
Well, the thing is that the devs have decided that our lvl 90 talents have to be non 100% up time and must have some kind of mechanic to activate which is fine i guess, the reason i suggested it at our feet and cancel on movement is because it goes along with the gun turret nature of arcane. If it was activated and up all the time and moved with you that would be kinda op and defeats the point of it being a rune at all, might as well be a armor or something.

I think this change plays into the style they seem to want for arcane and would make us competitive in ToT's movement heavy fights.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
03/30/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Mixilplik
, the thing is that the devs have decided that our lvl 90 talents have to be non 100% up time

Source?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that if they *really* weren't intended for 100% uptime then the buff would last for some odd seconds and the cd would be relatively longer. If it really is intended then my stance on bad design isn't changing anyway.

If it was activated and up all the time and moved with you that would be kinda op and defeats the point of it being a rune at all, might as well be a armor or something.

Invocation is pretty much what you described. It's a buff that stays on you. It's just annoying because the duration is still so short. Having it in the form of a rune is more about flavor really than anything.

In any case, if they did decide to do what you're suggesting then I still don't see how that would help. You would be doing what you're already doing with rune of power except not targeting the ground to place it. You are still going to have to move out of it just as often.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]