Game: Redesign your healing spec

90 Pandaren Priest
Posting on my priest because the idea I had was for disc ;).

Anyways, the point of this little game is to basically state how your healing spec would be played if you had designed it. What would you do differently?

How I would have designed disc:

1. We wouldn't get any actual healing spells. Penance would still be in but as an offensive spell. Atonement would still be our AoE heal (with penance in the rotation).

2. I would totally change how absorbs work- our heals would be more bubble based. Here's how:

Absorbs would still suck up damage, however, once the divine aegis/shield/spirit shell was counted as done absorbing, it would heal the target/targets for half the amount absorbed.

a. Spirit shell would be on a 30 second cooldown. Would still be able to be used as an AoE in conjunction with POH (POH would be considered a non-heal for disc, only used to spread SS; maybe keep flash heal for a single target SS). Upon ending, it would healing everyone in the group/raid for the amount absorbed. I would maybe even get rid of spirit shell itself and have one for AoE and one for single target- that would get rid of POH and FH all together.

b. Get rid of glyph of PW:S and make the heal on it baseline.

c. Divine Aegis would be an actual physical spell- not the RNG it currently is. It would be our tank cooldown and have a 2 minute cool down.

d. We'd still have our PW: Barrier, it would still function the way it does to help out the other healers in our group, but it would absorb XX amount of raid AOE damage and upon ending, heal those folks for the spread amount absorbed.

With it this way, we'd still be using Atonement healing, but it would actually empathize on bubbles.

This is how I envision disc playing if I were designing the spec. Disc would be really nice on spike/burst damage type of fights, but not too underpowered on non-spiky fights.
Edited by Jujuleki on 3/30/2013 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
1. Stone Bulwark totem would apply a small shield to 5 low health targets.
2. Spirit Link Totem would be raid-wide health share with 0 dmg reduction.
3. Mana Tide Totem would not directly benefit from our spirit level.
4. Healing Tide Totem would be Baseline.
5. Chain Heal would be instant, would hit 5 people in the raid regardless of distance and they would all receive an equal heal at full strength(no need for riptide). And would require and expend a tidal waves charge to cast. No cooldown.
6. Totem Toss would function like hunter's trap launcher.
7. Lvl 90 talent tier would be redesigned with more useful talents.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
1. Stone Bulwark totem would apply a small shield to 5 low health targets.

Definitely this- think I put that as a suggestion in one of the resto shaman threads going around.

4. Healing Tide Totem would be Baseline.

I've been thinking that since we got the totem in the talent tree.

6. Totem Toss would function like hunter's trap launcher.

100% agree.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myself, I'd also rescale glyph of RT to make it more attractive for a spread heal.

I'd also lower the cool down of SWG to 1 minute- that would help with mobility issues.

I'll have to add more later.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
1: Nourish. Heals for an additional 25% if you have a hot active on any party member.

2: Healing Touch. Also heals a friendly injured target for 60% of the total within 10 yards.

3: Wild Mushrooms: One stack to place. Same CD on spell use.

4: Rejuv: Increased front loaded healing without adding more to the total spell output.

5: WildGrowth. Can't heal friendly pets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
1: All the big 3 minute cooldowns would have their duration reduced to 0, and instead drain mana every second they're being used. Cooldowns removed.
2: Sanctuary provides a small DR for standing in it, healing is bumped up a little.
3: Prayer of Healing is not group focused for Holy.
4: Chakra effects reduced to secondaries only, effects expanded a bit. Tying it to throughput doesn't work out.
5: Guardian Spirit actually does something.
Edited by Kitsueie on 3/30/2013 10:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Holy:

-Chakra has no cooldown.
-New Chakra: Chakra: Concentration: Increases passive mana regen from spirit by 30%, and all spells cost 50% less mana. Grants the use of Holy Word: Concentration, a moderate single target heal that causes your next healing spell to be instant cast. 30 second cooldown.
- Holy Word: Sanctuary has a new effect: All heals cast by the Priest will heal targets in the sanctuary for 50% of the effect, split between targets. Duration reduced by 50%.
Edited by Flintte on 3/31/2013 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I wouldn't redesign my class - I'd redesign the whole system itself.

Smart heals are gone.

Puddles are gone.

I'd start with that.

Riôt
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1. Increase uptime of the efflorescence part of swiftmend (uptime is about 7~ seconds on a 15 second cooldown [12 seconds with four piece T14]). Or reduce the CD to 8-10 seconds so Wild Growth is still viable with Soul of the Forest without our four piece from last tier.

2. Bring back revitalize and make it scale off spirit like Rapture does.

That's all I could think of. WM are still clunky for me, but i'll survive.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

I think they were on the right track with the overheals from Rejuv feeding your mushroom. The problem is mushroom is kinda cumbersome anyway. Imo, make mushroom radiate a smart heal, buffed by your overhealing from rejuv, much in the way Healing Stream Totem does.

I think that'd be hawt.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I wouldn't redesign my class - I'd redesign the whole system itself.

Smart heals are gone.

Puddles are gone.

I'd start with that.

Riôt

But you'd keep shields? I think H-Pally and Disc shields are easily as silly as smart heals or puddles. Agreed though. I think it would be a better system without them too.
Edited by Luvbacon on 3/31/2013 12:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Chakra would increase healing by only 10%. All holy heals would be increased by 15% baseline.

That's the only change I'd make to holy priests. Chakra design atm is complete nonsense.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Have a little bit more control over how ReM bounces, and have GotS orbs move slowly towards a player and/or have a mechanic (perhaps something TFT empowered) that causes all orbs to pop and heal.
Edited by Fistlobster on 3/31/2013 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
44 Troll Druid
Disc priests would have holy pally mastery. That's about all I would change from current disc. I love its versatility for everything but mass burst healing.
Reply Quote
Prayer of Healing no longer has a group requirement.

Spirit Shell renamed Hymn of Shielding, channels an absorb shield onto 5 nearby low health party or raid members every 2 seconds for 12 seconds. 1 min cooldown.

Renew renamed Spirit Shell for Disc, places a small absorb on the target that stacks in power every 3 seconds for 12 seconds.

Glyph of Divine Beast Shadowfiend is now a Divine Beast. (A glowing Talbuk!)

Glyph of Dark Souls applies the Shadow Form visual to the Priest at all times.
Reply Quote
44 Troll Druid
Prayer of Healing no longer has a group requirement

I would enjoy this as holy, not as disc. Too random on DA and such.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I think they've done a great job with Disc this time around. I am very pleased.

I get to stack crit and not spirit. I get to play the way I always wanted to.

I wouldn't change a thing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I think they were on the right track with the overheals from Rejuv feeding your mushroom. The problem is mushroom is kinda cumbersome anyway. Imo, make mushroom radiate a smart heal, buffed by your overhealing from rejuv, much in the way Healing Stream Totem does.

I think that'd be hawt.

Drool.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
For Disc:

Power Word: Shield and Penance stronger and used as the main spells, Divine Aegis removed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
For Holy Paladins:

1. Reduce the healing done by Holy Light, Divine Light and Flash of Light by 20%, increase the mana cost of Holy Light, Divine Light and Flash of Light by 20%, and Holy Light only transfers 50% of its healing to the Beacon of Light, down from 100%. However, your Holy Light, Divine Light and Flash of Light spells now generate a charge of Holy Power when cast.

2. Tower of Radiance has been redesigned: Healing the Beacon of Light directly will place an Illuminated Healing absorb shield equal to 50% of the amount healed.

3. Implement Sanctity of Battle for Holy Paladins, allowing the cooldown of Holy Shock to be reduced progressively with Haste effects. The base cooldown of Holy Shock will be 6 seconds without any applicable Haste benefits.

4. Holy Shock will now always grant the Infusion of Light effect when used, regardless of whether it critically hits or not. Critically striking with Holy Shock will instead grant two stacks of Infusion of Light instead of one. Infusion of Light can stack up to 5 times.

5. Eternal Flame has been redesigned: Your Word of Glory and Light of Dawn spells now place Eternal Flames on affected targets. Eternal Flame heals for a greater amount when applied by Word of Glory and a lesser amount when applied by Light of Dawn. In addition to the amount of healing done, the duration of Eternal Flame is determined by the amount of Holy Power consumed by your Word of Glory or Light of Dawn; the duration is increased by 10 seconds per charge of Holy Power consumed, meaning a 1 Holy Power Light of Dawn will now apply 10 second lesser Eternal Flames to affected targets, while a 3 Holy Power Word of Glory will now apply a 30 second greater Eternal Flame to the target.

6. Your Word of Glory and Light of Dawn spells now have a 1.5 second cast time. These cast times can be made instant by Infusion of Light.

7. The Holy Paladin T14 four set bonus has been redesigned: Increases the healing of your Word of Glory and Light of Dawn spells by 10%.

8. Divine Favor has been redesigned: Divine Favor now instantly grants 3 stacks of Infusion of Light when used. The cooldown of Divine Favor has been reduced to 1 minute, down from 3 minutes.

9. Devotion Aura no longer provides immunity to Silence and Interrupt effects while active. Instead, the Gladiator's Ornamented four set bonus now provides the following effect: When you use Divine Favor, you are granted immunity to Silence and Interrupt effects for 5 seconds.

10. The Divine Purpose talent now has a 15% chance per charge of Holy Power consumed to be triggered when using an ability that consumes Holy Power. However, Divine Purpose cannot be triggered off of an ability that was already made free of Holy Power by Divine Purpose. (In other words, no more back-to-back Divine Purpose effects but Divine Purpose procs more often in other situations)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
1. HST totem would be on a charge system ... 15 duration but recharges every 25-30 seconds up to 3 charges. 1 charge is consumed on use. Call of the Elements would add 1 charge.
---currently using it nearly on CD is required, this would make it more stategic.
2. Mana Tide now restores 20% maximum mana to user and 10% maximum mana to nearby friendly targets over 10 sec.
---stacking spirit to be a buff bot is not fun for the shaman
3. Riptide CD reduced to 4.5 seconds, which is reduced by haste.
---Being able to use RT more would make CH more viable, but also would help with spread, and the scaling would make haste more valuable.
4. Riptide glyph now causes the HoT to heal for 40% more, but reduces the duration by 6 seconds.
---With the shorter CD, RT spam won't be as desirable, having the healing occur faster might be better in some situations. Having a longer HoT for CH/Vigor better in others.
5. Unleash Fury - Life - Now also applies ELW on the 5 players who are between 10 and 40 yards from your target.
---Weak talent right now for PVE resto. It would be an interesting talent for spread healing.
6. Elemental Blast - Restoration: Causes your damaging abilities to heal a friendly target for 50% of damage done for 8 seconds, applies to Elemental Blast damage. (heal scales with mastery/purification)
---Terribly weak resto talent right now.
7. Stonebulwark now also reduces damage taken by 10% while the totem is active.
---Lack of defenses on Resto Shamans from 450k-500k hits in raids. PE is the only option for lvl90 talents as long as their isn't a sub-2 min personal DR CD. Stonebulwark can semi-work but if the initial shield is eaten by anything else you die.

That's my list, though really I just care about MTT spirit dependance removal and Stonebulwark being a viable personal CD for heroic raiding (since Astral Shifts CD is too long for some mechanics).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]