Account Wide TCG Vanity Items

If I'd known this toybox thing was coming I would have saved so many of the toys from MoP. :( Is there going to be any way to get back things we've already done the quests to earn, or are we outta luck and have to roll a new character through those zones?
Reply Quote
50 Night Elf Druid
What about Dartol's Rod? The original vanilla/tbc one that you could bring and use out of Ashenvale?

I'm curious about this too.

I have one of those, the awesome Archmage Vargoth's Staff and a few other fun quest items, like the scrying bowl.

Blizz said:
"Quest Items: Quest items will no longer occupy space in your inventory, and will instead be moved to the Quest UI."

I will be sad if those items are lost, but not surprised either. I'm hoping we get details on what will happen to those kinds of old items before the changes are implemented.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Here's a question... any chance the "consumable" TCG loot, like the Path of Illidan or the Pet Biscuits will get turned into permanent items in the Toy Box?

I end up never using these items because I don't want to run out.

I hope not.

We don't need everyone on fire and running around orgrimmar/stormwind with rose petals falling at their wake while constantly transforming.

Go play a korean MMO, you'd be at home there.
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
Account-Wide for engineering toys and maybe utility items, pretty please?

Toys: World Enlarger,Crashin' Thrashin' Robot,Gnomish X-Ray Specs,Gnomish Gravity Well

Utility items: Dimensional Ripper - Everlook, Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan,MOLL-E, Wormhole Generator: Northrend, Loot-A-Rang, Jeeves, Wormhole Generator: Pandaria, Blingtron 4000

Just keep the "require engineering" to use. Like you did for the flying carpet mount...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
are they still going to do the heirloom tab or did they scrap that idea with 5.4.2 with the "playername-servername" to send heirlooms xrealm....... or is that a temp fix
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Edit: Okay i found the item i was talking about, it was a TCG transformation item. The Carved Ogre Idol is what the item is.

On the wowtcgloot.com page it reads
-Is no longer a trinket since patch 3.2.2 and is activated directly from inventory.
The above statement was taken from the 3.2.2 patch notes i would assume.

So my question still stands, why can't items like Super Simian Sphere Orb of Deception Time-Lost Figurine be changed to do the same thing? I understand that trinkets like the ones that were quest rewards in MoP, Jade Raccoon for example, also have stats on them so they actually are trinkets and vanity items but the Orb, Time-Lost Figurine and Simian Sphere are all pure vanity items that give no statistical bonus.

This would allow these rare items to be included in the Toy Box allowing your character who didn't obtain them to use them as well. I guess shortcuts could be made and Blizzard could include only items that are already on-use to be in the Toy Box but i beg (how pathetic) you guys and gals to not cut corners! I remember how happy i was when Terrok dropped the Figurine while i was farming rep. Even more memorable was when the Simian Sphere dropped for me from Heigan the Unclean trash in Naxx 10m. Items like these are something i do not have the time nor the tenacity to farm for again.
Edited by Fanatic on 1/7/2014 1:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
11 Goblin Warrior
I agree that some items that still must be equipped would be appreciated more if they were separated from their items as "Vanity Spells" that are earned from those items. This allows transmog to be uninterrupted for items such as Arcanite Ripper which I suggest becomes a "Vanity Spell" among others.

Equip Items: (Which would be better as "Vanity Spells" than only "Equip Items")
- Argent Warhorn (No Longer Available)
- Argent Dawn Banner (No Longer Available)
- Argent Tome (No Longer Available)
- Vanquished Tentacle of C'Thun
- Vanquished Tentacle of Yogg-Saron
- Orb of Deception
- Dark Iron Smoking Pipe (Visual Effect Only) (No Longer Available)
- Time-Lost Figurine
- Hook of the Master Angler
- Faded Wizard Hat
- Super Simian Sphere
- Arcanite Ripper
- Sun-Lute of the Phoenix King

Teleport Items:
Link: wowhead.com/item=32757#comments (The top comment has a good list)
Note: I think the items included in that list (Aside from consumables) are good candidates for the "Toy Box" or something similar.

Battle Standards such as Horde Battle Standard, Alliance Battle Standard (+All those stat-free banners from the Argent Tournament) would do good in the toy box.

Irrelevant Suggestion: I think it would be cool if the Legendary Cloaks were to scale 90-100 like the BoA weapons from Garrosh. Not to make them better than Dungeon Heroic Blues at 100 but perhaps equivalent to them. I also think that future legendaries could follow the above trend for the following expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I have Sylvanas Music Box on two toons.... does that get condensed into one item with a shared cooldown between all my toons or can it be made to have two "charges" before setting the cooldown? Or even two separate "toy entries" in the new book or whatever it is?
Edited by Arkah on 1/8/2014 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
WTB a tab for all of my tabards
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I have Sylvanas Music Box on two toons.... does that get condensed into one item with a shared cooldown between all my toons or can it be made to have two "charges" before setting the cooldown? Or even two separate "toy entries" in the new book or whatever it is?

That would be cool but i don't see that happening. Obviously i am not a Blizzard employee so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt but i honestly dont see this happening. I too have multiple shadowmourne items (i might even have three of certain ones, i dont even know anymore) and would love it if the cooldown were reduced but this would make serious collectors have to buy more than one of these items in order to REALLY appreciate them. Lets say having more than one reduces the cooldown by 25% (arbitrary number is arbitrary) then what would having three do?

I for one would rather Blizzard really make this system work to its full potential rather than worrying about the gold spent/time spent farming the items be rewarded fully. If i could simply have more space in my bags AND be able to use ALL of my loved vanity items on all of my characters i would be satisfied.
Edited by Fanatic on 1/9/2014 5:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Here's the information I was able to gather. Keep in mind that the Toybox feature is still early in development. Some of the questions may not have an answer yet and functionality may be subject to change as development continues on the feature.

What happens to items that need to be equipped?

Such as:

Orb of Deception
Super Simian Sphere
Burgy Blackheart's Handsome Hat
Time-Lost Figurine

Would be amazing if we no longer had to equip them! ^_^

Currently, the idea is to have fun item effects be converted into something similar to a spell. You'll be able to activate the effect without equipping the item.

01/03/2014 01:12 PMPosted by Kàtarn
I have a disco ball and picnic basket loot card sitting beside me. Wonder if I should hold onto them.

You should hold onto your items.

Omg, thank you so much for this improvement!

This means that all of those archaeology toys will be included too?

I have plenty on this character, but I simply cannot bare to level and grind all that again on any other toon I have. I've tried, but gave up.

And that's a plus for inv space :) I'm so cluttered with toys that half of my inventory holds either them or transmogs.

Yes, fun items obtained through the Archeology profession will be included in the Toybox tab. But please continue hanging onto those items while details are still being worked out.

01/03/2014 06:25 PMPosted by Varita
What about my Haunted Memento?... please!!!

We don't know how that item will interact with the Toybox tab yet as it has a number of special qualities (can be thrown, its effect is activated by simply having it in your inventory). The important thing is none of the items are being removed. If an item doesn't make it into the Toybox tab, the item will remain as it always has.

The net effect will still be more inventory space for you.

I have Sylvanas' Music Box sitting in the bank unused, i need it account wide.

Some items may be character specific if we find a need for it. Still, a vast majority of the items in the Toybox will be account-wide.

01/04/2014 03:04 AMPosted by Justabear
3. Please don't remove quest items like Archmage Vargoth's staff (can't link it for some reason)! I heard quest items won't be placed in your inventory anymore. Please make the exception for these types of items!

We'll be keeping an eye out for quest items that players have been holding onto for fun and won't convert it into a quest item so it wouldn't go away.

Been wanting to know: what about gear with fun effects, like Jade Raccoon? My main's inventory is full of this kind of stuff.

We haven't determined what will or won't be considered a toy and recommend that you don't vendor or delete anything just yet.

01/04/2014 09:56 AMPosted by Naura
You should create a new post with all the items that can go in both the "Toy" and "Heirloom" tabs. That way players could discuss any items they believe should be added or removed from either tab.

Feasibility for the creation of such a list can be looked at later in the testing process once more information is available.

01/08/2014 08:31 PMPosted by Arkah

We're still undecided on how the cooldowns will work at this time.

A final disclaimer. This feature is still early in development. Depending on how it works out once we're able to test it, some things may change. The goal of the Toybox is to free up inventory space. Items that don't make it into the Toybox because of technical or other reasons should still be left alone with no change.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
glad to get more info on the "Toybox" and other storage improvements ^_^.
though hopefully the pre expansion patch introduces some form of inventory space increase, because ive already had to start "juggling" vanity and transmog items by deleting and restoring them with the item restoration feature
Reply Quote
Thanks Ryg!

Um... Are you guys doing something with transformation cooldowns specifically?

I noticed my disguise spell got cooldown reduced to 10m, and I'm quite happy with that. Currently, many transformation items have inconsistent cooldowns and durations.. perhaps streamlining them would be good?

Perhaps a 10m duration + 1h cooldown on transformation toys as baseline?
Or 5m duration + 30m cooldown seems fair too.
Edited by Rydian on 1/9/2014 11:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Can we also get rid of Stormpike Insignia Rank 6 / Frostwolf Insignia Rank 6 from our bags please. These are soon to be 40 levels out of date and I don't have the heart to remove them from any of my characters. They're still incredibly useful in some games.

Either make it a spell while in AV or put the functionality on the tabard so we can ditch the trinket from our bags (and stop gimping ourselves by 500+ item levels by equipping them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Nice good info
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Thanks for the update. Many of us are looking forward to this.
Reply Quote
6 Dwarf Shaman
Omg, thank you so much for this improvement!

This means that all of those archaeology toys will be included too?

I have plenty on this character, but I simply cannot bare to level and grind all that again on any other toon I have. I've tried, but gave up.

And that's a plus for inv space :) I'm so cluttered with toys that half of my inventory holds either them or transmogs.

Yes, fun items obtained through the Archeology profession will be included in the Toybox tab. But please continue hanging onto those items while details are still being worked out.

great now you tell me.. after I sell off all those items.. thou I never understood why I was granted these items with no usages.. and typically I would simply sell them afterward. So yes it would be nice to have the comb to spruce up a bit (poof well manquared) or be able to give that silky dress to one of my bffs..

PS.. oh btw.. having the Druid and Priest Statue Set actually do something instead of shine a light beam on you would help..
Edited by Grumblestill on 1/9/2014 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
12 Human Warrior
Here you go- check the comments for the good list.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=32782#comments
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
That hurts a lot :(. I ran out of space years ago and have since just trashed all the cool items I have come across over the years. Trying to juggle a dps/prot/pvp set some seasons, plus mats etc, I had run out of space. I was hoping that the system would know what we had attained over the years and auto populate the toy box tab :(. Any news on whether we still need to have held onto the item or not? Would appreciate any knowledge on the fact from a blue if possible :).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]