Frost DK PVP DW + 2H

90 Blood Elf Priest
Is it possible to make a build in which you can actively swap between dual wielding and 2h weapons depending on the target and not gimp yourself too badly?

I'm well aware that DW wants mastery and 2H prefers haste, but is there some kind of middle ground in which both are viable at the same time?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
no
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
that's very informative thank you
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The haste>Mastery>crit is more important in pve for 2h frost.

dw, 2h and UH can all pretty much be interchangeable in pvp IMO.

Regardless, I find DW pretty lackluster in pvp. Building Mastery > crit > haste in pvp, to maximize damage with the little up time pvp presents. 2H has far better Obli crits, and can HB spam all the same. FS also takes a pretty big hit if you have to swap into blood presence, moreso if your DW and you can't really take conversion because it eats your frost strike resource. Your also going to do less with necrotic.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
your going to stack mastery > Haste > Crit

regardless of which spec u play in PvP (blood/Frost 2hnd/Frost DW/Unholy)

the only time you would want to "swap" from 2hnd to DW is if your against a Holy Paladin + Plate team in 2s. but they really did over buff Might of the Frozen wastes for 2hnd frost.

Necrotic strike actually does good dmg lol

180% weapon dmg attack + 60-110k absorb + Casting speed debuff (completely negating haste stacking in PvP) which is BS.

for reference Mortal strike is a 185% weapon dmg attack.

Either i way would prefer DW frost for PvP if they didnt make it have so many more disadvantages vs 2hnd.
Edited by Doomgard on 3/29/2013 11:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
SnP

Frost Strike - 105% weapon damage
Obliterate - 230% weapon damage

Care to calculate how much more Mastery than Strength one would need?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/29/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Babana

Frost Strike - 105% weapon damage
Obliterate - 230% weapon damage

Care to calculate how much more Mastery than Strength one would need?

I was saying thank you
Edited by Aznperzuazn on 3/29/2013 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
They reason you heard no is because of the internal CD on MotFW and ToT when you switch between DW and 2H. I believe it is 30 seconds so it is not very viable to do all the time. How ever as stated above when doing in areans you could do it but with the big buffs to frost 2h you might as well not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
your going to stack mastery > Haste > Crit

regardless of which spec u play in PvP (blood/Frost 2hnd/Frost DW/Unholy)

the only time you would want to "swap" from 2hnd to DW is if your against a Holy Paladin + Plate team in 2s. but they really did over buff Might of the Frozen wastes for 2hnd frost.

Necrotic strike actually does good dmg lol

180% weapon dmg attack + 60-110k absorb + Casting speed debuff (completely negating haste stacking in PvP) which is BS.

for reference Mortal strike is a 185% weapon dmg attack.

Either i way would prefer DW frost for PvP if they didnt make it have so many more disadvantages vs 2hnd.

I was referring to Necrotic damage as DW, ToT doesn't effect it.

But yes, basically reforging all the same...in pvp there isn't anything you can't do with dw that 2h doesn't do better. the biggest thing obviously being the Obliterate crits.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]