Warrior or DK?

86 Night Elf Hunter
Im kinda looking for a new class to start from scratch and play as my main, Im gonns start raiding at 90 and pvp on the side for a bit of fun? Which class would be better?
Id play MS - DPS OS - TANK

Help please!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
They're both really solid. DK is better at pvp right now but they're about equal in pve. The balance changes just about every patch though so you should be alright no matter what you end up going.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
equal in pvp??? im assuming u mean dps? and a frost dk is nothing to sneeze at albeit its easier to push 3 buttons than a fury warriors 6 keybinds and 3 active macros, monitoring 2 stances for best rage and 1 stance for a OHH ^%$# drop.

As far as tanking I can tell you a DK is out dps ing a warrior by 100 k on some fights like horridon and council and has = if not better survival add control and mitigation. Maybe a warrior for mobility has an edge but who moving and tanking nowadays?

This is my problem im really set on why dk and feral druid tanking is so OP compared to warriors.. But yeah id like to hear from some people what we can do that a dk or feral cant, and why even bother picking a prot warrior anymore?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
equal in pvp??? im assuming u mean dps? and a frost dk is nothing to sneeze at albeit its easier to push 3 buttons than a fury warriors 6 keybinds and 3 active macros, monitoring 2 stances for best rage and 1 stance for a OHH ^%$# drop.

As far as tanking I can tell you a DK is out dps ing a warrior by 100 k on some fights like horridon and council and has = if not better survival add control and mitigation. Maybe a warrior for mobility has an edge but who moving and tanking nowadays?

This is my problem im really set on why dk and feral druid tanking is so OP compared to warriors.. But yeah id like to hear from some people what we can do that a dk or feral cant, and why even bother picking a prot warrior anymore?

D'awe, it thinks it's people.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

D'awe, it thinks it's people.

LOL
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Unless you reeeeally enjoy the play style of a warrior, given your preferences, I'd roll the DK.

The warriors learning and gear curve are a bit higher. The DK allows for a lot of self sufficiency in many ways. Which are both particularly useful in situations like solo, and casual pvp.

Not to mention you get a 55 level head start with a DK. :)
Reply Quote
34 Human Warrior
:) I am having fun with this prot warrior have not tanked with it yet having to much questing taking down mobs real fast so far.

Dk's well they are a blast also :) and as one pointed out you start at lvl 55....well lvl 58 out of training with gear that don't need replacing till lvl 68-70 when you head north but ya I have fun with DK tanking also :)

this will be my first warrior to lvl to 90 though and and having a blast so far
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]