Warlock green fire

100 Night Elf Rogue
If any warlocks that are getting fairly close or would just like general tips on it. pst me. got in a couple days ago. Was kind of casual with it. Was just on my to do list i guess. Spent maybe 1-2 hours a session trying for 5 or so nights spread out over two weeks. 8 hours or so total. The night I got it only took 2 attemps. 485 IL a few peices of pvp gear and such. seemd like the appropriate level for it. Really enjoyed the quest. Not willing to do it for anyone, think its agaisnt the eula to account share or something to that.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I got him to about 19% or so, died by all the chaos with the imps, two doom-guards and such. Not really in the mood to do it anymore considering that is the fourth time ive gotten that close only to have to start it all over again. Repair bill is a pain also.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
I always let the pitlord tank the doom guards. Make sure both conflags are ready when he pops imps. FnB immolate then rain of fire followed by 2 FnB conflags. They should die.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
been trying to do this quest for 2 days solid have spent about 400 in repairs, cannot even get past the first wave of imps because i get stunned by the pit lord and before i can use unbound will to get out of the stun he sprays his green crap at me and i am basically one shot by him. i got to the imps once and had control demon on the pit lord and he somehow got out of it and charged me and i was dead again. thank you blizzard for the challenge but i think i will bypass this particular failure of mine. yes, i admit i am not a great warlock but seriously this is not the quest for the casual player.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
over thinking the imp stages. use your gate way to drop threat and have pitlord cast heal on you after imps are spawned, from there drop rain of fires and just focus fire boss and have pit lord breath on boss during summoning on imps. stand behind where boss and pit lord are located during actual act of summoning and imps will wander underneath big daddy pit lord and die to his cleaves leaving you more time to dps the boss. Make sure you are breaking enslave and recasting it before the first and doom lord phase and again before second one if you dont think youll down him before it will break again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
the gate way makes it so you produce no threat if theres anything else on the threat table at all and as such you will be left alone by both the boss and the adds 90% of time besides the seed and agony he drops on you.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
You need to be Enslaving the pitlord! xD
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
I dunno. I can never get past the freaking imps. If the imps dont kill me, then neglecting the chaos bolt does. I feel like Blizzard overdid this one. I mean first off you read a book, then you pick up some rocks all across the Outlands, and then you go into a solo version of Black Temple and wind up being pitted against another warlock that summons 60 imps, has a killer chaos bolt, and then some (which I cannot even get to because of the aforementioned abilities).

I'm sorry Blizzard, but I'm a very casual player with 7 level 90 characters on one realm, 6 of which are geared enough for Throne of Thunder (LFR). When it comes to this quest fight, there's too much to track, too many spells to juggle, not to mention controlling a demon and getting it to attack imp and interrupt chaos bolts galore. It's a bit too much. I've lost track of how much gold I wasted on the repair bill, but I'll tell you one thing: I probably won't get green fire until another expansion or two. By then I'll be 5-10 levels higher and I can just waltz in, hit him with ONE chaos bolt, cackle and say, "BACK AT YA, TWERP! How does it feel to get pwned for a change, eh!? HAH!"

So yeah, no green fire for me it seems. Sad thing is, another warlock got an extra book and asked in the general chat channel on the Thunder Isle if any warlocks needed it. I was the first and only person to respond, and he just gave it to me free of charge. The game needs more players like that who are kind and giving and helpful, but the game also lacks in other things. I'm tired of my repair bill skyrocketing over an NPC warlock I'm only going to kill once. I know what my dps rotation is supposed to be, and this fight against an overpowered demented warlock for a green fire visual effect eye candy is too much of a hassle. If I had a tank and a healer, but this is ridiculous, Blizzard.

I'm gonna go pull weeds and kill virmin on sunsong ranch... all 6 of them. PEACE!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I've played for 6 years or more on my lock, I'm a 2.2k+ exp player on Nightfall, and yet it's just overwhelming to keep track of everything Kanrethad is doing, I don't PvE so I lose out on dps with all pvp gear, so if he just keeps spam summoning demons and I can't kill them fast enough, AND line of sight his chaos bolts while the pit lord charge interrupts the boss's cataclysms while keeping the pit lord enslaved, while dpsing imps, and bursting down the felhunters, oh and don't forget to go through the gateway while you're doing all that.. So I need to get a full PvE set just to be able to do enough dps for 1 boss fight so I can have the color changed on my fire, all the prior stuff and this boss is just a little bit overkill for something that could've been a glyph instead..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Lots of fail in this thread.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
You have a 496 IL. And its alot easier than arena. anyone with the awareness of 1.5k bracket should be able to do it. Just need to pay attention more.. there is never more than 2-3 mechanics going on at the same time. And stop watch macros are pretty helpful
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Completed it about four hours ago after watching no guides or reading up on the fight, decided to learn on the fly. Best tip I can give is to save two embers for every cataclysm and precast a chaos bolt. When it's about 50 percent done, stun the boss and stop the cataclysm. Should do ~1mil damage with those two chaos bolts (with full trinket procs each of my chaos bolts was doing 880k with a 483 ilevel)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
MCALLBA, BEST PALLY, EU.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
ppl cried about the rogue quest as well.............if you cant do it you don't deserve it plain and simple....they already made it to easy to gear up and play this game now you want a hand out for green fire? suck it up and get it dun ya cry babies
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
If you make it past the 2cd set of felhunters then you should have it in the bag. RoF, FnB, immo, flag, jump thru the gateway, spam dmg on boss. let your pit lord do the heavy lifting on the adds, charge them, hit fel flame breath(just be sure to use it soon enough that it's off cd for the cataclysm). and keep a freaking eye on your enslave timer on that pit lord, if you need to reset it, banish one of the doom guards.

Once you finish it, don't turn in the quest. Just absorb the green fira from him. It's a good test to see if you know how to play a lock. BTW, summon your imp and sacrifice him. That singe magic spell is a life saver.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If anyone is interested in buying the quest item to start the green fire quest, I am selling it alliance side. Mail me.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
12 hours of getting to 40% makes me realize why I quit WoW originally.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]