[BUG] Oondasta weekly quest flag not setting

90 Draenei Shaman
Every world boss with a weekly loot lockout (Sha, Galleon, etc) has a corresponding "hidden" quest flag which is set upon looting. This quest flag allows macros and addons to query whether a given character has already looted that world boss this week. There is no other way to find this information in the current UI or APIs.

However, the quest flag for Oondasta is NOT correctly being set upon a successful kill and loot of Oondasta. His quest flag is here:
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32519
I'm an addon author and have confirmation from dozens of players that this flag is never being set upon a kill. Additionally, it seems that killing the unrelated boss Nalak is incorrectly setting the Oondasta flag in addition to the Nalak flag. There are reports of other forms of interference, eg killing both Oondasta and Nalak clears both flags.

Blue posts have recently confirmed that Oondasta can only be looted once per character per week (source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8402400341#4 ). However with no way to query this information in the UI or via the quest flag, players are stuck trying to remember which alts killed him since last Tuesday.

Blizzard please fix the Oondasta weekly loot quest flag!

EDIT: The bug definitely remains as of 4/16/13, 5.2.0-build16826. Blizzard has officially acknowledged the problem and promised a fix in an upcoming patch, as stated later in this thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8518311880?page=4#80
Edited by Ashel on 4/30/2013 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
what addon tells you the 'lockout' for world bosses? i need to get that for my million alts.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Yes, please fix this.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The macro for checking this flag (show below) also doesn't work for the flag. Sha and Galleon still work however.

Macro: " /run for k, v in pairs({ Galleon = 32098, Sha = 32099, Nalak = 32518, Oondasta = 32519}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and "\124cff00ff00Yes\124r" or "\124cffff0000No\124r")) end "

Macro credit: wowinterface
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I also am not seeing the flag set.
Part of the fun of the game is running mulitple characters and classes. Manual book keeping of who has done what is not my idea of what should be needed.

Can you please fix the flag Blizzard Devs
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
what addon tells you the 'lockout' for world bosses? i need to get that for my million alts.

The SavedInstances addon will display your world boss lockouts (along with lots of other useful information). However due to this bug it won't show you Oondasta.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/saved_instances
Edited by Ashel on 3/30/2013 7:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Add me to the list of people who want to see this fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yes, please fix this!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
My 7 90s implore you to fix this bug because I can't remember every week who killed Oondasta and who didn't :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Just confirmed this is still broken - the Oondasta quest flag is still not being set as of 4/3/2013, 5.2.0 build 16769.

By the way, I've also done the experiment of scanning *every* quest flag available via GetQuestsCompleted() before and after the first Oondasta kill of the week. Oondasta kill is not setting ANY quest flags.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It would be nice if the World Bosses lockouts would show in the game calendar along with the raid/heroic dungeon lockouts instead of needing to use a macro to see if such a quest flag has been set upon killing/looting.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It would be nice if the World Bosses lockouts would show in the game calendar along with the raid/heroic dungeon lockouts instead of needing to use a macro to see if such a quest flag has been set upon killing/looting.

That's a good idea too.

But it would also be nice if this bug were fixed so we could at least get this information ourselves through a macro or addon.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
please fix this, thanks :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Agreed, please fix this..very annoying to not have it working
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Bump for injustice!

I have no idea if my shaman did it this week... and no way to check. GG Engineering.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
please fix this!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
FIX IT!!!
Reply Quote
Yep, Just killed oond. But it didn't set the quest.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Update: As of 5.2.0 b 16826, killing Nalak is setting both his own quest flag (32518) and ALSO setting the Oondasta quest flag (32519). Besides this confusion, there is still no reliable way to test for an actual weekly Oondasta kill.

Blizzard please straighten this out!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Add me to the list wanting this fixed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]