Best RGB Healers for 5.2

90 Gnome Mage
I just got my hpal to 89 only to see some hpal nerfs. I just started and have been working on a resto shaman. Does anyone know which healer specs are best for RGB's? I've heard resto druid and shaman are best, but I already have a an 89 paladin so not sure if I should just stick with the 89 paladin and start getting pvp gear once he reaches 90, or if I should keep leveling my new resto shaman. Does anyone know what the advantages/disadvantages are of these two healing specs for RGB purposes? Thanks!
Reply Quote
44 Troll Druid
All healing specs are viable for rbgs now. Paladin is often the Flag carrier healer, whereas holy priest and resto druid are more often brought for aoe healing. Play what you like, gear it up, and see how you do. Just don't be afraid to call out for peels or a heal from another healer if you're locked out.

They all have some sort of niche. Find the one you like. And also... because it's bugging me, it's RBGS. As in Rated BattleGrounds. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Red green blue healers?

So mistweavers, shaman and ...deathknights?

Oh. I see. Carry on then.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
yeah I get the acronym mixed up because of red blue green lol
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
which healers do you think have the best survivability in rbgs?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I just got my hpal to 89 only to see some hpal nerfs. I just started and have been working on a resto shaman. Does anyone know which healer specs are best for RGB's? I've heard resto druid and shaman are best, but I already have a an 89 paladin so not sure if I should just stick with the 89 paladin and start getting pvp gear once he reaches 90, or if I should keep leveling my new resto shaman. Does anyone know what the advantages/disadvantages are of these two healing specs for RGB purposes? Thanks!

I kinda view it like this... you need 1 Tank Healer (focuses on Flag Carrier), 1 Raid Healer (focuses on AoE healing or single target burst on a focus target), and 1 Utility Healer (anything that adds utility / dispels, but can also support healing the raid or the tank). Of course, when stacked together, healers in a group are pretty powerful.

Tank Healer---------------------Utility Healer--------------------------Raid Healer

Holy Paladin---------------------Resto Shaman------------------------Resto Druid

------can sub Disc for Tank or Utility
------can sub Monk for Utility or Raid
------can sub Holy Priest for Raid
------can sub Resto Sham for Raid
------Holy Paladin is best at Tank healing, but if you have 2 then it covers the missing role
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
great post! thanks for the general layout
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I'm going to finish my hpal and see how things feel, then if i want to reroll I might try holy priest for the aoe
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm going to finish my hpal and see how things feel, then if i want to reroll I might try holy priest for the aoe

Just a head's up about that. If you're pugging for groups, Holy Priests aren't generally what people are looking for. It's not that they're at the bottom of the barrel, it's just that players aren't really wanting Holy Priests. Part of it is misconception.

On the flip side, Holy Paladins are perceived to be so good, that they're perfectly happy doubling up on them. If you're Pugging or using oqueue, you can get a lot of action with your Paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
They are all good and all fill certain niche's. Holy Paladins are good for tank/FC healing, Monk's are good offensive healers with RoP/disarms, Rdroods are good all around imo with their hot's, etc...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
so whats pugging and oqueue ?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Pugging = pick up group, when you join a randomly formed group through trade.
oQueue = an addon, you can find it on curse. With oqueue you can set your current MMR, how much gear you have, experience, etc. and find pugs that way on other servers to do RBGs with.

I haven't used oqueue yet for rbgs but have other friends that do and they like it :D!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
oQueue is the best addon since addons.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I haven't used oqueue in a while but it's basically saying, hey I'm not a mouthbreather, I am looking for other non-mouthbreathers yay!

For those of us that want to play with like-minded people without the utter frustration of rbgs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
oQueue reminds me of Gearscore in WotlK.

I know its functionality is different, but it segregate people in the same fashion. Now that all the cool kids use oQueue (hey, I'm guilty), what happens to "those noobs who don't use it"? They can't queue for rbgs. Well they can, but only if they create a lvl1 alt on Tichondrius and spam trade chat.

WTB a better tool INSIDE the game to find rbg and arena partners.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh, and OP: just keep you holy paladin. We're doing just fine in RBGs.

I had a 27M healing bg this week-end. Now add 30% mastery on top of that, it's almost 35M healing total. Pretty much comparable to a GOOD holy priest or resto druid. And check my gear, it's not even that great.

Plus only 7% of my heals came from Flash of Light and 3% from Divine Light. Meaning 90% of my heals were instant.

Add to that all the utility we have (HoFreedom, HoProtection, Aura Mastery). No reason to reroll, we're doing just fine.
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 07:48 AMPosted by Nishoba
I had a 27M healing bg this week-end. Now add 30% mastery on top of that, it's almost 35M healing total.

Absorbs are counted in your healing total.

To the OP, stick with your pally.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]