Primal Egg Question.

90 Blood Elf Hunter
My first Primal Egg hatched into a Green Primal Raptor. Not the one I wanted, but as the self-proclaimed Raptor Queen I'll take what I can get.

I got a second Primal Egg not even a day after the first hatched, and it hatched into...

Another Green Primal Raptor?

Was this something Blizzard intended? To make the eggs hatch into duplicates if you already know the mount instead of hatching into one of the other ones? It's extremely frustrating on my end, as I can't use it or give it to my guildmate, but I don't want to sell it for just 2 gold after soloing 90 elites for 5 hours to get the egg that took three days.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They'll hatch into different ones. Just 33% chance to get each one. You have a pretty good chance to get the same raptor the second time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Green is the one I wanted and all I've gotten are red and black ones so far. I stopped killing dinosaurs though, it got too boring. I'll go back later when I can solo the bigger ones to get bones faster.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Isn't the Black Primal Raptor the rarer of the 3?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
hhhhh that's frustrating, seeing as I've got nearly a pile of bones, but I keep getting eggs that hatch into the Green Raptor.

I wouldn't be as frustrated if, say, I could trade with someone who has a second black or red one, or to a friend for free. Heck, maybe even if they sold for (a lot) more than a measly 2 gold.

I'm unsure of the rarity % on them, but I have seen more than enough people running around on them to make me turn green with envy enough to match the raptor I got.
Edited by Zyrias on 3/31/2013 10:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm not sure why it's a big deal. The eggs are easy to get, they hatch in a very short period of time, and there's only three possible things you can get from them. So you don't get all three one after the other. Big deal, they aren't going anywhere.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
My eggs hatched as black, green, green, green, green, green red then another green lol
Reply Quote
green > red

nuff said.

it look like mini reptar.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
You guys are lucky... I've been farming the island and I've only gotten one egg.

On the bright side, I..I'm that much closer to my white raptor.

*weeps silently in the corner*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm not sure why it's a big deal. The eggs are easy to get, they hatch in a very short period of time, and there's only three possible things you can get from them. So you don't get all three one after the other. Big deal, they aren't going anywhere.

I'm not saying it's affecting my life, it's simply frustrating.

As for 'Easy to Get'? I have to disagree. It takes me at least 1-2 minutes to down one Direhorn hatchie on the Isle solo. I've been doing it nearly every single day since I found out the Island was up (AKA PATCH DAY YAY!) for around 2-3 hours. 5 if I can manage it. I've only gotten 3 eggs and all were green. I want the black one goshdangit the stripes are such a pretty blue!

(I joined WoW just because you could tame and ride raptors, so getting one of the black raptors is important to me. Not as important as the birth of my eventual firstborn child, but pretty important.)
Reply Quote
I haven't seen an egg drop yet. D:
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Honestly, if y'all who want eggs were Hordeside I like to gather up 'Hunting Parties' to go and get dinos downed.

Though, thinking about it, I want to make an Alli that I'll get attached to to play longer than to level 20...

But no, yeah, if you're Hordeside or have a 90 Horde and wanna go on an Egg hunt at some point hit me up and we'll go get everyone an egg because everyone should have all the colors of the rainbow...I mean Raptors.
Edited by Zyrias on 3/31/2013 11:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As for 'Easy to Get'? I have to disagree. It takes me at least 1-2 minutes to down one Direhorn hatchie on the Isle solo. I've been doing it nearly every single day since I found out the Island was up (AKA PATCH DAY YAY!) for around 2-3 hours. 5 if I can manage it. I've only gotten 3 eggs and all were green. I want the black one goshdangit the stripes are such a pretty blue!

That's because you can only have one at a time. Once you have one, you will not ever find another until your previous is hatched and opened.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Wow I lucked out with my Primal Eggs. First one was a Green, took me about 3 days to get a second egg which hatched into the Red. Between the time I was looking for the third Primal Egg I obtained enough bones to buy the White. Third Primal Egg finally dropped and hatched into the Black.

Aside from farming for more Porcupettes for gifts and AH fodder, I'm done with the dinos.. at least until they put the Stunted/Midget/Whatever Direhorn battlepets out there. <3
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I have over 1000 bones, no eggs..../sigh
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
My first Primal Egg was a Red, second was Green, the Red again, and finally my fourth egg was a Black Primal Raptor. RNG was relatively kind with me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm at over 3000 on my warrior without an egg yet (on my warrior). I was considering revising my tactics, and asking for help.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

The four black primal raptors I got in a row beg to differ.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]