Healbot Confusion

I went to the Healbot site and looked at the video's. They were some help, but I need more.
Is there a guide to Healbot that explains how to handle the Frames in a BG that appear.
I could not see who was in my group and I have had two different opinons as to weather I can heal anyone with my Area Heals, or just my group.

I was casting heals, but could not see anyone on the grid who was solid, though I was surrounded by players. I do not know if I was healing anyone or not. That is why I am looking for a guide that explains what I was seeing. Why was everyone opaque when there must have been 20 players around me?
Later, there were maybe 4 or 5 who were solid, but they were all over the grid.

Any direction here would be helpful.

(I am talking BG.)
Reply Quote
I'm not familiar with healbot but I would guess from what you describe that you were in a large battleground like AV or Ise of Conquest and had healbot configured to only show 15 or 25 instead of the full 40 (and that was likely why the groups it showed didn't show many people in range).
Reply Quote
92 Orc Shaman
I use Healbot. There are many many custom settings and I have tweeked mine over the years so I can't recall exactly what is default. To help bring attention to the players that need heals, their bars are dimmed out if they're above 90% health and not likely to be taking addition hits. It should show the overall % of their health so you can see if just tossing a Renew is good enough to bring them up full. Other reasons player bars are dimmed out is because they're out of your casting range, I have mine set to 50 yards so I know if they're within running distance, or to just let them die. Other spells, like your prayer of healing, targets the five players in the targets group. So yes, I'm sure you were healing them, but in a BG people dont stay with their groups like they did a several years ago... 'team work' what's that?
here's a decent 17 minute video of a priest setting up healbot and summarizes the settings I mentioned. This video is with the previous version of healbot, but the new one that you probably have installed is nearly the same. The tabs at the bottom of the old one just got moved to the left side. other that that it's about the same.
Reply Quote
Thanks Prosecutor. You did not give a u-tube link. Were you referring to one I should already know about?

Loratabb, also thanks. I really looked at both Vuhdo and Healbot. Vuhdo seemed even more complicated than Healbot. And you can see that I am having problems understanding Healbot, so I am not sure Vuhdo would be any better for me. (If you cannot understand how to set it up....)

Thanks again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Thanks Prosecutor. You did not give a u-tube link. Were you referring to one I should already know about?

Loratabb, also thanks. I really looked at both Vuhdo and Healbot. Vuhdo seemed even more complicated than Healbot. And you can see that I am having problems understanding Healbot, so I am not sure Vuhdo would be any better for me. (If you cannot understand how to set it up....)

Thanks again.

Angikin, if you want I can sit down with you and explain exactly how Vuhdo works, and help you get it set up. Just make a character and poke me on KT or some such with your Btag and I'll add you.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I currently use Healbot on and I've never once had or heard of that problem in a BG.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
In Healbot, undert Skin-->Bars, there is an option for "Use Group per Column" for some of the default layouts that come with the addon. When it is unchecked, I think it only shows health bars for players within healing range.

When this option is checked (and number of groups per column specified), players are shown by groups, and greyed out when are out of range. This is good for priests to figure out PoH use.

When this option is unchecked, players are not sorted by groups, and only those are within healing range would be shown, I believe. This is also the default setting of the Alterec Valley layout, because 40 health bars would take up half of the screen if shown.

I usually check or uncheck this option depending on the size of the BG. And, I rarely show groups in 40m BG.
Reply Quote
I currently use Healbot on and I've never once had or heard of that problem in a BG.

I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I do not think there is anywrong with Healbot in BG. It is me. I do not understand what I am seeing or how to set it up so that I can understand.

Thanks for considering my problem.

In Healbot, undert Skin-->Bars, there is an option for "Use Group per Column" for some of the default layouts that come with the addon. When it is unchecked, I think it only shows health bars for players within healing range. When this option is checked (and number of groups per column specified), players are shown by groups, and greyed out when are out of range. This is good for priests to figure out PoH use. When this option is unchecked, players are not sorted by groups, and only those are within healing range would be shown, I believe. This is also the default setting of the Alterec Valley layout, because 40 health bars would take up half of the screen if shown.I usually check or uncheck this option depending on the size of the BG. And, I rarely show groups in 40m BG.

More good information. I will try setting it up this way.

Thanks
Reply Quote
92 Orc Shaman

Sorry about that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtPIKXFKbA4

Vuhdo or grid are both better options than heal bot.

It's totally a personal opinion. I have not used Vuhdo, but the list Loratabb put together is nice. Of the three I would put Grid at the bottom. Vuhdo looks to have more features, but that's not always what makes something the best. Healbot gives all the buffs/debuffs, range finders, cooldowns, mana costs, predictive healing amounts, recommended HoTs/Casts, etc. so those details aren't worth chosing a different click-cast addon if you like the feel of healbot. I've seen all the features execpt the mouse-over targeting, but I've made macros for that and just used healbot to run the macro.

I've used healbot for 5 years, so it's what i've grown up with and I'm sort of bias that way.

Jesminia points to some good tips, which reminds me that you can setup themes that switch settings based on when you're healing a 5man dungeon with bigger frames and more details such as casting your dispell magic one by one versus raid healing 25-40man with smaller bars and tossing a 39k mana Mass Dispell. just a single example, but it's nice to swap themes based on the situation. Healbot is also spec dependant. On my shaman I have it setup for spells castable in enhancement versus full healing setup for restoration raid heals.

Anywho, my breaks over for now...back to work :D

Edit: Healbot even summons a random mount and a random vanity/combat pet !
Edited by Prosecutor on 4/12/2013 3:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I reverted back to the older version of healbot because I didnt want to mover 3 or 4 columns instead of one locked columns of raid group members. I can only see 8-12 people to heal in 40 man bgs now, what is going on? Please help me see everyone so I can heal who needs to be healed, I like healbot but this is not worth the hastle.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I'm actually migrating from HB to Vuhdo... Vuhdo is better about picking up new players in combat and HB has been giving fits like dropping part of my raid and randomly deciding not to follow the programmed click assignments.. Emergency UI reloads mid boss fight are not fun
Reply Quote
I reverted back to the older version of healbot because I didnt want to mover 3 or 4 columns instead of one locked columns of raid group members. I can only see 8-12 people to heal in 40 man bgs now, what is going on? Please help me see everyone so I can heal who needs to be healed, I like healbot but this is not worth the hastle.

I have the same problem >_>
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm actually migrating from HB to Vuhdo... Vuhdo is better about picking up new players in combat and HB has been giving fits like dropping part of my raid and randomly deciding not to follow the programmed click assignments.. Emergency UI reloads mid boss fight are not fun

Vuhdo has been giving me the same issues, actually - doesn't always pick up newcomers zoning in while we were in combat, disregarding click assignments on occasion. It was worse on Healbot, I'll give you that, so I'm wondering now if it could be something else.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/19/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Him

I have the same problem >_>

Yeah they just changed it to where you can have multiple "sections". To go back to just 1 block of frames, go to the Healing tab and change all the dropdowns to "1"

Here's a Screenie
http://i.imgur.com/oruGjdr.jpg

I've been using HealBot since BC if anyone needs some help my battle tag is steph# 1107
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Vuhdo or grid are both better options than heal bot.
Bringing up a player who needs the most healing is not always be best person to heal.

vuhdo will grey out outta range players. Give aoe advice for prayer of healing.
Vuhdo/grid will also show you a players personal CD's with in game icons. Vuhdo grid will also keep track of other players hots absorbs and debuffs with in game icons.

Vuhdo/ grid will also tell you what you can or cant dispel.

Vuhdo has built in mouse keybinds to allow you to mouse over targets to heal
Vuhdo also understands your macros and can be used in mouse keybinds.
Vuhdo also has a smart buff watch allowing you to know when buffs are dispelled ect.
Vuhdo has a built in option for auto trigger trinkets in combat.

Over all vuhdo/grid are better options than heal bot.

heal bot can work but i found vuhdo to be the better option. Grid can do most of what vuhdo does but i am less familiar with grid. Curse has a video with the download from a disc priest pov for setting up vuhdo. the tutorial is helpful when you 1st get the addon.

Healbot does all that, and has been around at least as long as Grid and Vuhdo is based off the same concept.

I find Healbot far more useful than either of these but it is definitely an addon that takes some time to familiarize yourself with. Some of us who have been using it for years have kept it set up the same way for so long we couldn't even find the options for certain things.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm having a problem with my healbot. It shows up on my other toons but the one that I need it for, my pally, its not showing on the screen. I have uninstalled it twice and deleted the wtf files as well. I have made sure that it is checked in the addon screen on my character screen too. I am at a loss and need some help. thank you :)
Reply Quote
Deadlymom, when you log on, type /hb options. This should bring up the menu. Also check under Interface / addons.

I use both hb and vuhdo, the differences are minor, it's sort of like Coke and Pepsi.

Actually I use hb and vuhdo in five person instances, but I have gone back to the blizzard frames for lfr. I just make some extra mouseover macros for the spells I usually use the healbot or vuhdo commands on, three of them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Vuhdo is gone. They quit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
As of July 28th 2014 Vuhdo quit. They are no longer going to support the addon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]