Game of Thrones

Anyone else watch the season premiere last night? Man I forgot how much I missed Tyrion. The entire episode was laying background for the rest of the season so not much happened, but man my excitement is peaking already.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
It was a bit on the slow side, but will give it a pass since it was just nice to see it start again 8)

Tyrion was good, but Bronn is the man. Kind of bummed that Varys was nowhere to be seen.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Man these people do not pay attention. Tyrion is everything his dad could want in a son but it all gets ignored because he's only 3 feet high.

Looking forward to when the Imp decides he's had enough of all this crap and makes his own play for the throne.

Love how Jeoffry's new lady is coming across all sweet and nice. She is either trying to blunt Jeoffry's bad reputation or she is laying the groundwork for when he conveniently dies and she gets to sweep onto the throne thanks to popular support of the people.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Why didn't sam get the ravens off?

He did in the book.

Like I get some changes... They changed the whole scene between Jon and Mance because they didn't have enough time to go through his whole backstory, but would it have been so hard for sam to say he got the ravens off?

Like, he is a pitiful worthless excuse for a man of the nights watch, but damnit, he gets those ravens off. The only thing he had to do, and he did it.

They took his one thing away, and now he is just worthless. Poor guy.

**spoilers

Well as i recall from the books it was kind of irrelevant that he got the ravens off anyways as it didn't have much impact on the long term story. He might not be much of an action person but he does a ton of little things that are important.

But it does seem that season two was going away from the books more than season 1. I'll have to wait on season 3 on dvd before i can say about that :P
Edited by Ziryus on 4/1/2013 9:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock

He did in the book.

Like I get some changes... They changed the whole scene between Jon and Mance because they didn't have enough time to go through his whole backstory, but would it have been so hard for sam to say he got the ravens off?

Like, he is a pitiful worthless excuse for a man of the nights watch, but damnit, he gets those ravens off. The only thing he had to do, and he did it.

Yeah, that caught my attention too. I liked Mance's story and Jon's reason for switching over in the book more, but I can see how that would have taken a lot of time out of the episode. They also changed how Ser Barristan was revealed, which I kind of expected because it's a show not a book so it wouldn't have had the same effect anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

He did in the book.

Yeah, that caught my attention too. I liked Mance's story and Jon's reason for switching over in the book more, but I can see how that would have taken a lot of time out of the episode. They also changed how Ser Barristan was revealed, which I kind of expected because it's a show not a book so it wouldn't have had the same effect anyway.

I'm interested to see how they handle Ygritte in the show.
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Death Knight
Read the books if you haven't.

IT GETS SO MUCH !@#$ING BETTER.

As far as the episode goes, I loved it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I loved it. Personally, I wanted a Brann, Osha and Rickon update. I was so glad to see Daenerys and the dragons!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Well in the book, yes, Sam did release the ravens, but without any messages. So, he kinda !@#$ed up in the book as he did in the show. And how could he have released the ravens when he was out digging for dung and got surrounded by an army of Others and wights?

But the episode was AMAZING, of course. What episode of GoT isn't? Even at its "weakest" it's better than all the other garbage on TV.
Edited by Jaifralon on 4/5/2013 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Anyone else think that Daenerys understood every word that slave dealer was saying.

I can't see that fellow having a good end.
Edited by Drakmor on 4/5/2013 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Can't handle all this Sansa suspense. Second episode didn't do much for me. But I guess it was important for the plot. I liked Jon Snow's part. I think they're making Cat more sympathetic than the books idk. Arya's scene was the best part of the episode.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
Arya's scene was the best part of the episode.

I agree, but I think it has more to do with Thoros than Arya herself this time. I like this version of him more than the book.

Queen of Thorns was another new character that is better than I was expecting. I never really liked her in the book, but this version is ok.

I am suprised they are showing Theon so soon, but I guess it might be weird if he vanished from 3 or 4 seasons to match the books.

I know it's early, but Robb, his wife, and Catelyn's storyline so far seems kind of boring. Jon's isn't much better. Arya and Jaime are the only 2 characters that look like they are going to see any action for awhile.

Having read the books, I have a pretty good idea what the end of the season is going to be like, but I hope they add some interesting stuff between now and then.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Poor Sansa, she just got used and has no idea.

They basically chatted her up to find out what Jeoffry's buttons are so his new 'Queen-to-be' can better wrap him around her finger.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I love the show. I love it more than Walking Dead. It's easily my favorite tv show on the air. I worry about this season's pacing because it's taken the first two episodes just to get everyone caught up on what's gonna be happening to the MYRIAD of characters this season. I wonder if there are too many separate story lines. It feels very scattered at times. I realize this most likely has something to do with the books, which have a lot more flexibility. An hour long, once a week tv show has more immediate expectations to meet. I hope this season will really get going soon, else the show will start to bleed viewers. I'll not be among them. I'll watch the show until they stop airing it, but I can see how they could possibly lose a good amount of viewers if the season keeps up at this pace.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
All of the early reviews from people that saw the first 4 said things really start to pick up next week for ep3, and then episode 4 is one of the best in the series so far.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
All of the early reviews from people that saw the first 4 said things really start to pick up next week for ep3

That is good to hear 8)

It's not so much the lack of action that bothers me, but the boring dialogue most of the characters get. I could be happy watching an entire episode of everybody sitting around talking, as long as the talk was interesting.

Tyrion, who gets almost no action scenes at all, is never boring, his dialogue is always entertaining. Same thing with Varys; his little verbal jousting matches were always fun to watch.

Catelyn on the other hand, who also never sees any action, gets the same bad script over and over again it seems. I get that they want to show her as a worried mother, but there has to be better ways to go about it. She is just the worst offender though, there are quite a few other characters that need better writing also.
Edited by Nunepi on 4/8/2013 9:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
I honestly just started watching the show officially, I kept missing it when it was first on and never got a chance to catch up, I'm almost done with the Second Season on Blu-ray and the first episodes of Season Three on my DVR, I WILL catch up! Because I have other shows to catch up in too.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
It's great so far, but i'm trying not to get to attached. At the pace HBO is going it will take 8 or 9 seasons to catch up to the books.

The bigger problem is the author. He is getting very old, the story is nowhere near finished, there was a 5 year gap between the last book and the one before it.

I'm afraid we will end up with another Wheel of Time or Dorsai.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
"give us details, copious amounts of details"

man I love the Imp
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]