Game of Thrones

90 Gnome Rogue
man I love the Imp

I loved him dragging that chair slowly and loudly to sit opposite Tywin.

That scene with Arya and Gendry leaving Hotpie was oddly touching, considering they weren't all that great of friends.

Blackfish looks like he is going to be another great character. So many new ones this season.

I have had about enough of Catelyn. She is making Lori from Walking Dead look like a brilliantly written character in comparison.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I loved him dragging that chair slowly and loudly to sit opposite Tywin.

that whole scene was great. not just Tyrion's bit but all of them trying to place themselves as close to Tywin as possible the rush to be the first bootlicker, and then Tyrion very silently says "screw you people, you all suck"

the end of the episode though.

I mean on some level I've been looking forward to him getting what he deserves but damn.

THUNK

roll credits.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
roll credits.

That song was horrible at the end. Way too jarring.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
too jarring? must have been watching one of the torrents :P

Song was great, in the broadcast it started as soon as the credits rolled. In the rips, it apparently was playing over the dialog.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Song was great, in the broadcast it started as soon as the credits rolled. In the rips, it apparently was playing over the dialog.

No, jarring as in it didn't fit the whole medieval fantasy theme of the show.

If they had to do the bear song again, they should have played the guys singing it from earlier in the show, not some punk rock band. To me, it was silly and killed any immersion.
Edited by Nunepi on 4/15/2013 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
04/15/2013 06:26 PMPosted by Nunepi
To me, it was silly

Have you even listened to any of the words in that song? It's supposed to be silly.

I didn't really think it took away from the immersion.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Have you even listened to any of the words in that song? It's supposed to be silly.

You are missing the point I am making. It wasn't the song itself I have a problem with. I have read the song in the book and actually liked the version Bolton's men were singing earlier in the episode. It was the punk rock version that was off, especially right after that *thunk* scene.

"We have this dramatic and shocking scene at the end of the episode, so we need some shocking music to back it up. Not the usual orchestra and vocals, too predictable! No, we need something new! Let's bust out some electric guitars!"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
....yep Saw that ending coming.

Did not expect the Night Watch events to happen like that though.

The scene between Tywin and Cersei was very interesting, particularly how it mirrored the previous one between Tywin and Tyrion.

Starting to think Tywin doesn't think much of any of his kids.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
"What happens when the non-existent bumps against the decrepit?"
Varys and the Queens of Thorns were great this episode, but Varys is great in every episode he's in 8)

The scene between Tywin and Cersei was very interesting, particularly how it mirrored the previous one between Tywin and Tyrion.

I also liked how Tywin used the same line on Cersei that Cersei used on Tyrion; "you're not as smart as you think you are." I am very excited to see Tywin try to control Joffrey.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I haven't read the books so I don't know if it ever happens.... But I can hardly wait to see the day when Daenerys rains fire down upon all those who would oppose the true rulers of Westeros, be they Lannister or Stark.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I am very excited to see Tywin try to control Joffrey.

Always interesting to see peoples' speculations that haven't read the books.

Oh, you certainly have some surprises in store for you!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
04/22/2013 12:38 AMPosted by Rashadril
Always interesting to see peoples' speculations that haven't read the books.

Unfortunately I have read them ( I just have a feeling the show may introduce a scene or two involving Tywin and Joffrey that are not in the books. There were plenty in this episode itself that were new like Sansa and Margaery.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have had about enough of Catelyn. She is making Lori from Walking Dead look like a brilliantly written character in comparison.

They made her character way more of a !@#$% in the show than she was in the books.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
They do tend to vary the storyline in the series due to time contraints and presumably some video-oriented logistics.

Still, I really don't see the Tywin/Joffrey thing getting too far from the books...and if you've read them, you know why. I suspect the most it might deviate is a specific scene where Tywin slaps the little punk down just for illustrative purposes (he does mention this needing to be done in the books). Of course, it'll all come to naught...
Reply Quote
18 Human Mage
I just started reading the first book (late I know), 15% through and I love it,
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Weddings

Weddings for everyone

they looked so thrilled didn't they
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Just watched the latest episode tonight (S3-E5)

>Dat Ygritte and Jon Cave scene.

Also, I liked the fight between Beric and the Hound.
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
Tywin Lannister is awesome.
Reply Quote
Weddings

Weddings for everyone

they looked so thrilled didn't they

NOW THE RAINS WEEP O'ER HIS HALL, AND NOT A SOUL TO HEAR
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]