Monk PVP Weapons

100 Blood Elf Monk
Okay, short and simple thread.

For PVP, we have the choice to pick our weapons we want to use, unlike PVE..which you basically use what you get for a drop.

Now the question is....are 2 one handers better than a 2 hander weapon? Or is it all just the preference of the visual on your characters back?

Personally, if they are just as good as each other, which they should be, Id prefer to get the 2 hander staff just so that enchanting it is cheaper.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
I am actually wondering the same thing because I am gonna get my weapons today. I want to use a 2h. I am waiting on a expert word or something.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Okay, short and simple thread.

For PVP, we have the choice to pick our weapons we want to use, unlike PVE..which you basically use what you get for a drop.

Now the question is....are 2 one handers better than a 2 hander weapon? Or is it all just the preference of the visual on your characters back?

Personally, if they are just as good as each other, which they should be, Id prefer to get the 2 hander staff just so that enchanting it is cheaper.

Thoughts?

Two 1 handers are better because you get 2 dancing steel procs very often.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
1handers are better because of the 40% increase damage you get from,

Way of the Monk Passive
Requires Monk
Requires Two-Handed Axes, Two-Handed Maces, Polearms, Two-Handed Swords, Staves
The Monk attunes himself differently depending on the weapon type.

Dual-wield one-handed weapons
Autoattack damage increased by 40%.

Two-handed weapons
Melee attack speed increased by 40%.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
1handers are better because of the 40% increase damage you get from,

Way of the Monk Passive
Requires Monk
Requires Two-Handed Axes, Two-Handed Maces, Polearms, Two-Handed Swords, Staves
The Monk attunes himself differently depending on the weapon type.

Dual-wield one-handed weapons
Autoattack damage increased by 40%.

Two-handed weapons
Melee attack speed increased by 40%.

Dual wield is more consistent damage whereas the two hander is more spikey. Two hander crits hit very hard, but if they don't they're pretty weak. Overall the consistent damage + the dual proc dancing steel is why we go dual wield.
Reply Quote
2H is a significant DPS loss even without the dual dancing steels. Don't do it!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
A lot of our dmg in pvp comes from white dmg, which gets buffed by using two one handed weapons. Another reason why getting 6% exp. is also important. Along with that, what the others said about 2x procs of dancing steel and smoother dmg output are also pluses to dual wielding.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Dw simply outpreforms 2h in pvp, in every way, burst, sustained, proc rates.
In a perfect rng world, yes 2h would be better, if you max damage threshold'd every single ability you used, its SLIGHTLY higher, and lower, as 2h by comparison, however, 4 auto attacks instantly outweighs 10k damage on rsk crits if your lucky
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]