Le Challenge Modes

Elemental shaman is great for challenge modes.

Mages are also really good and bring good control.

DK tanks are most ideal, with purgatory and lots of self healing, ghoul sacrifice for clutch saves, deathgrip/gorefiend.

That being said, my group did it with a warrior tank/druid healer/shadow priest/ret pally/ele shaman, without any tier bonuses, during the earlier part of the expansion. Its really all about knowing what to expect (which comes down to just practice), using positioning/efficient routes/etc, and understanding your group's dynamics.

Edit: There were I think 2 instances where the comp was different, but only because one of the group was missing/couldn't make it that night. So we got someone else, which again reinforces the idea that its not really about comp but more about knowing the instance and your party members.
Edited by Deprise on 4/16/2013 12:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sounds nice.. So tempted to just switch to Alliance to get in on some of the fun lol... I've tried asking around on Horde here and get crickets...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
If I was good at my Horde classes (warrior and death knight) I'd be open to starting a group with you, but alas
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Sounds nice.. So tempted to just switch to Alliance to get in on some of the fun lol... I've tried asking around on Horde here and get crickets...

I know why I just can't bring myself to be interested...

Maybe you should start your own thread to see if you can spark some interest? Announcing your desire for challenge mode runs on the second page of someone else's thread doesn't get a lot of attention.
Reply Quote
04/16/2013 05:46 PMPosted by Palvarosa

I know why I just can't bring myself to be interested...

Maybe you should start your own thread to see if you can spark some interest? Announcing your desire for challenge mode runs on the second page of someone else's thread doesn't get a lot of attention.

I go where the action is. I don't care which faction flag flies behind me while I do it. I just am craving social interaction and having fun doing things in the game. I am kinda tired of going places and often finding it empty... annnd I was enjoying learning of which comps people find works best because it lets me know what I have to look for between friends be it cross realm or whatever... IF they're even interested in touching it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Sorry for not getting back sooner, been quite busy.

Many comps work, I mean really you can do it with just about anything.. however high AoE, self sustainability, stealth etc are all things that will make it much easier. I mean, back when MoP was somewhat new, I recall getting gold in Mogu'shan Palace.. and the key was rogue group stealth, invis pots, and my ability to aggro the patrol and FD. class gimmicks aside, it all will come down to how fast you can clear the place.

Cross realm definitely works, and there are quite a few openraid groups that do these.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I find group composition changes per dungeon, but for the most part, the general "need" stays the same. Tank - pref one with good AoE and ST threat and can rotate through cooldowns to keep dmg at a minimum. I've noticed Paladins and Warriors are best at this, but not to say DKs/Monk/Druids can't do it. Healer: The classes that can dps and heal (Disc Priest/Mistweaver Monk) would be the best, for if things die faster, more time. Doens't say that other classes can't. As for dps, Ranged are usually best, but a rogue for stealth, or a melee class that can mass stun is helpful. After that, It depends on the player too. I've see Warrior/Hunter/Mage work, and Rogue/Shaman/Boomkin work, so would Warlock/Hunter/DK.

(Also, note anytimes where mass trash needs to be pulled, DK's pwn with army, its less dmg on tanks so healers can dps too!)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I'm all for it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
DKs are wonderful for CM's.. great dmg output and the healing.. oh the healing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]