OK...I call hack!

this hunter saw me while i was stealthed in eye of the storm from all the way across the bridge and he shot me and took me out of stealth with no flare out or traps, he literally shot me without targeting me across the bridge when i was in stealth...I CALL HACKS--thats impossible

Can anyone explain to me how!?
Reply Quote
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19885
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm going to say not looking carefully.

First, hunters have Track Hidden. There's some confusion about its effectiveness atm, though, so I'll gloss it over.

Second, if NO ONE nearby is targeting you, the hunter CANNOT attack you because hunters don't have Volley; they cannot place any shot-type persistent or even just one-and-done effects on the ground.

If the hunter can target neither the intended victim, nor anything close enough for AoE, they can't hit the stealthed victim.

The fact that Stealth Detection is Server-Side means that it'd be impossible to hack.
Reply Quote
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=19885

Wow hunters get to much lovin'
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
It's almost like hunters have an ability that lets them see stealth people from a greater distance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
^ Or -what a surprise- stealth is being stupid again.

If stealth worked as intended it would be a clear sign of the apocalypse. Or that's what I tell myself.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'm still leveling my alt char so I can't be sure, but, I THINK hunters can actually see stealthed player from a greater distance than any other class.
Reply Quote
72 Draenei Hunter

First, hunters have Track Hidden. There's some confusion about its effectiveness atm, though, so I'll gloss it over.

Second, if NO ONE nearby is targeting you, the hunter CANNOT attack you because hunters don't have Volley; they cannot place any shot-type persistent or even just one-and-done effects on the ground.

I assume you mean to indicate someone is there. Because you can toss a trap out, and that will hit them regardless of them being stealthed or not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I assume you mean to indicate someone is there. Because you can toss a trap out, and that will hit them regardless of them being stealthed or not.

Well... The OP specified that no traps were involved.

I didn't qualify my statement well enough, though.

Traps are a sticky subject. That rogue targeting the Hunter? They can see Trap Launcher in the hunter's buffs and be ready for it; and most rogues would notice a snare because they're not the best at ranged.

To be blunt, the traps themselves are hidden, but their effects are exceedingly difficult to overlook. There's no shock to a sneaking rogue quite like a few rapid snake bites or the ground freezing over, unless it's another rogue opening.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
03/29/2013 09:21 PMPosted by Traleda
To be blunt, the traps themselves are hidden,

Not to a Rogue.

Also, the effective range of Track Hidden on equal level players is basically right in front of your face. There is no way for a Hunter to be able to see a like-level player from a distance like the bridge in EOTS.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/29/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Devestate

Not to a Rogue.

Also, the effective range of Track Hidden on equal level players is basically right in front of your face. There is no way for a Hunter to be able to see a like-level player from a distance like the bridge in EOTS.

/shrugs

Rogues do detect traps.

But it's very easy to overlook the bear-trap model if you aren't paying attention, which, judging by the the OP's confusion, is indeed the case.

The effect that follows is, either way, much more easily noticed, particularly for a Freezing Trap.

I deliberately glossed over Track Hidden and I see that I was wise to do so.
Reply Quote
There's a bug where if you come within object-loading distance of a stealthed target, they will show up stealthed for a very brief amount of time and quickly disappear. If you are lucky enough to click the stealthed target and send your pet, the pet will beeline for them.

This has been around since Vanilla. I've used it many times on my hunter to scout out rogues in the center of WSG. It's not 100% reliable, but what bug is?

I'd like to clarify: I'm not sure what range that IS, but it's far greater than 40 yards.
Edited by Zenscythe on 3/29/2013 9:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Could the Hunter have had an AOE cone attack talented?

Just a thought.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
03/29/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Devestate

Not to a Rogue.

Yeah, they can see our traps from a good distance and disarm them (that fills the hunter's heart with terror seeing the traps being disarmed! lol). Also, there is no way to see a stealthed player across the bridge, the distance is very long.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
03/29/2013 08:56 PMPosted by Sahkira
he literally shot me without targeting me across the bridge

That bridge is longer than 40 yards. You lie sir.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
OP forgot to cloak a dot, vanished, ran to the bridge and sat there without realizing they were out of stealth. Runs to forums crying hacks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Could the Hunter have had an AOE cone attack talented?

Just a thought.

Hunters don't have any cone attacks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Two possible answers: 1) Track Hidden. Nothing new, move along.

2) Stealth borked out. Nothing new, move along.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]