Absorbs, Overhealing and the Scoreboards

90 Human Priest
As a Disc Priest it sucks to have to run recount/skada to actually track my healing... The fact the gameboard doesn't track absorbs and overhealing is a joke... Druids for instance always top the charts now, but if you add in Disc's absorbs and subtract druids overhealing we almost always top the charts... Im so sick and tired of trolls who know nothing about healing in rbgs spouting off because they check the scoreboard and were like half the other healers, when in fact were beating them by a pretty big margin... DEAR BLIZZ GODS PLEASE FIX
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm...unsure as to the purpose of this thread. Are you complaining? Is there something specific you have a problem with?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Did you even read what i wrote? or are you blind
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I agree.

It'd be nice if, while the scoreboards are busy showing us all some utterly useless numbers, they showed BIGGER utterly useless numbers beside my name.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Yes, the game boards should track absorbs. No, they should not (and do not) track overhealing.

You should also work on your formatting and coherence. Ending every sentence with an ellipsis is pointless and detracts from the readability of your post. Your request/suggestion is also a bit buried in the ramble of complaints.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
As a Disc Priest it sucks to have to run recount/skada to actually track my healing... The fact the gameboard doesn't track absorbs and overhealing is a joke... Druids for instance always top the charts now, but if you add in Disc's absorbs and subtract druids overhealing we almost always top the charts... Im so sick and tired of trolls who know nothing about healing in rbgs spouting off because they check the scoreboard and were like half the other healers, when in fact were beating them by a pretty big margin... DEAR BLIZZ GODS PLEASE FIX

Absorbs are- technically- not actual healing. Absorbs are a damage reduction type mechanic. The closest an absorb comes to actual healing would be with glyphed PW:S.

I don't think Bliz actually counts absorbs as actual healing because of my second sentence. In theory a heal is a spell that makes your HP bar go up.

Just my 2 cents and the best explanation I can come up with.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/30/2013 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
They said they'd add that about 4 years ago then back tracked for some technical "it's impossible to alter the game we made reason". People will just continue thinking they outhealed disc priests till this game dies. Nothing you can do about it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

Mm. There is nothing worse than a rude, snappy OP. Completely kills any desire I ever had to post constructively.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Stop caring about numbers on the scoreboard, and stop grouping with people who care. You will be happier.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/30/2013 08:55 AMPosted by Lmcm

Mm. There is nothing worse than a rude, snappy OP. Completely kills any desire I ever had to post constructively.

You didn't read my initial post so how could you post constructively in the first place...just saying

As for the overhealing, I don't mean add it in a separate line as its already calculated into the healing total, I mean take it out of the scoreboards. Druids for example, half their heals are worthless overheals but they look OP as hell on the boards... Esp vs a Disc who's 3 biggest spells are not tracked at all...

As for Blizz to not be able to track absorbs is complete !@#$... If recount and skada can do it at will as an add on no reason scoreboards cant track it
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
As for Blizz to not be able to track absorbs is complete !@#$... If recount and skada can do it at will as an add on no reason scoreboards cant track it

And I said (since you're griping about people not fully reading posts):

Absorbs are- technically- not actual healing. Absorbs are a damage reduction type mechanic. The closest an absorb comes to actual healing would be with glyphed PW:S.

I don't think Bliz actually counts absorbs as actual healing because of my second sentence. In theory a heal is a spell that makes your HP bar go up.

Bliz goes by their own internal meters- not what skada or recount have (in fact, I think both of those addons just started tracking absorbs as healing within the last few years).

All an absorb is is a damage reduction mechanic (kind of like a sponge)- they aren't actual heals. A heal is classified as someone's HP going up via a spell, bandages, a lock cookie, or a potion.

Just because the external meters classify absorbs into healing doesn't mean Blizzard does with their own internal measures.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/30/2013 5:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Absorbs already own the addon meters and logs do they have to own the pvp meters to
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Bg boards don't track overhealing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
03/30/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Lightborn
Druids for example, half their heals are worthless overheals but they look OP as hell on the boards...

Except overhealing isn't calculated on the boards. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/30/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Elethia
Druids for example, half their heals are worthless overheals but they look OP as hell on the boards...

The boards do track ALL overhealing... I have tested it a 1,000,000 times against recount... You have to remember overhealing is all healing that takes place while in combat, but while the target is at 100%hp.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
03/30/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Lightborn

The boards do track ALL overhealing... I have tested it a 1,000,000 times against recount... You have to remember overhealing is all healing that takes place while in combat, but while the target is at 100%hp.

Erm....sure, but um..it doesn't count towards the total healing last time I checked.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Erm....sure, but um..it doesn't count towards the total healing last time I checked.

The board counts overhealing towards total heals... Just run recount and pick a certain heal and track it... I used cascade for instance... Recounts total healing done matches the boards, but when u select which spells did what, you can see that cascade for instance did 1.5mill in total healing but 400k of it was overhealing. Very easy to see
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
You are incorrect, Lightborn.

Look at Recount.

There are two sections relevant to this discussion:

Healing Done
Overhealing Done

Test the spell you want to use. See how much it heals for (or just use the tooltip).
Now go get in combat, let yourself take a few hits, and use it on yourself.

Example:

Flash Heal

Tooltip: 73,969
OOC: 73,707
IC: 56,257 [shown under Healing Done]; Overhealing: 22151 [shown under Overhealing]

Healing Done does not record Overhealing. Nor do the BG boards record Overhealing.
Edited by Elethia on 3/31/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The board counts overhealing towards total heals... Just run recount and pick a certain heal and track it... I used cascade for instance... Recounts total healing done matches the boards, but when u select which spells did what, you can see that cascade for instance did 1.5mill in total healing but 400k of it was overhealing. Very easy to see

Which version of Recount are you using? Because it's different than mine if you have a panel that records "Total Healing", then I'd be on that like stink on a booty.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

Your original post is a mess of poorly written sentences that make my eyes bleed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]