Is Ask Mr. Robot trustworthy?

90 Orc Death Knight
What the title says...Is using Ask Mr. Robot to optimize gear, reforging, gems, enchants, etc. trustworthy/reliable?
Reply Quote
56 Troll Death Knight
Negative ghostrider.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Negative ghostrider.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
03/29/2013 11:58 PMPosted by Pwnjuice
Negative ghostrider.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
No the way they weigh the stats is correct in theory only via a system based solely off of numbers thus there is no actual in game application. Yes Blood DKs need stamina so that we can take more hits so that we get more vengeance to produce more threat and so that we can heal ourselves for a good amount BUT we also need to take in account our dodge and parry as being hit a lot makes us more trouble then we are worth also if we do not have mastery out Blood shield will not give use that extra layer of protection allowing a healer to do there job. If you are looking for people with in game experience that actually use the stats and build they preach go to the sticky forums here on WoW battlenet. For talants test and try to what plays best for you. I'm a DK tank Blood tap is a very good talent that allows me to Death Strike more BUT I prefer the passive proc of Ruinc Corruption that simplify's my rotation/ ability priority and helps me play my best.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thanks guys. I guess I was just hoping that I could easily look at a tool like Mr. Robot and be able to optimize my current gear, but I see the point in knowing what's best by actually reading into guides.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Gems/enchants are pretty straight forward. If its reforge you want help with, try the addon Reforgelite. You can plug in stat weights (has pre-sets already), set max break pts so you don't go over, etc. Best part is it will reforge all your gear for you, saves tons of time.
Edited by Sluggard on 3/30/2013 6:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Six
The differences that reforging and gemming will make aren't really that significant enough to make or break a fight. As with anything you read about gearing and such, take it with a grain of salt.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
The differences that reforging and gemming will make aren't really that significant enough to make or break a fight. As with anything you read about gearing and such, take it with a grain of salt.

Says the guy with none of his gear enchanted and only 450 ilvl.

Run along noob. Spout your drivel elsewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Six

If you actually happened to look below my gear you would have seen that I clearly stopped raiding with the release of MoP, and that I had plenty of experience in Cataclysm. So no, it's not just drivel.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

If you actually happened to look below my gear you would have seen that I clearly stopped raiding with the release of MoP, and that I had plenty of experience in Cataclysm. So no, it's not just drivel.

Welcome to the next xpac. Feel free to familiarize yourself with it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
reforging/gemming is more important the higher your gear level is because it's a larger # of stats being reweighed.

never use Mr. Robot, using something like Reforge lite with your personal stat priorities is better.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
reforging/gemming is more important the higher your gear level is because it's a larger # of stats being reweighed.

never use Mr. Robot, using something like Reforge lite with your personal stat priorities is better.

Did you know you can put custom weights into Mr. Robot as well? It's just as useful as reforgelite if you put the right weights in. Use sims to figure out your stat weights as best you can and use those for both reforgelite and AMR.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. Everything is based off stat weights and math. We provide default stat weights, and allow you to enter in custom weights as well. The tool is incredibly flexible and customizable. Once you have the stat weights you want to use, Mr. Robot will optimize your gems, enchants and reforges to find the best combination of them. He will figure out if your socket bonuses are worth it, juggle around stats to get you to caps, factors in your racial bonuses and raid buffs, and more.

There are actually a TON of reforge combinations. If you assume there are only 3 viable reforge options on any given item, and that there are 16 slots, that is 3^16. That is 45 million combinations. That's a lot to go through as a human, which is why Mr. Robot and other reforge tools are really handy.

For people who say it isn't trustworthy, if you tell me why, I will look into it and make sure there isn't a bug or something.
Reply Quote
The only thing I don't like about AMR is trinkets for blood. I have to drop stamina down a lot on my stat weights to get AMR to stop telling me to use a 463 stam trinket over a thunderforged mastery trinket.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Kyras, thanks for the feedback. I bet you're talking about the Relic if Nizao - ha, it really is pretty good!

Trinkets are tough - a lot of it depends on personal play style, or even on a per-fight basis. Some trinkets are better for multi-target tanking fights, others aren't, just as an example. But we do our best to give everyone the information they need for trinkets. I have a blog post that gets into the details of how we handle trinkets: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2013/03/how-mr-robot-handles-trinkets/

I also want to point out our trinket page for Blood DKs which gives the value of each proc-stat that you'd get from each trinket: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/trinkets/deathknightblood2h

My advice (when using the BiS lists): lock in the trinkets you want. Then Mr. Robot will find the best gear around those trinkets. To lock an item, click on the item and it will bring up a gear list. Select the item you want and click save. That will lock the item in, which is indicated with a gray dotted line.

Hope that helps a bit :)
Reply Quote
Oh I didn't know about the trinket proc values list, that's very helpful! I didn't mean that it was AMR's fault that it doesn't work too well for trinkets, it's more the nature of trinkets. Thanks for the tips!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Can you just remove tank specs from ask mr robot? You guys have been making bad tanks worse for about 2 years now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I've used Mr. Robot back when I raided hardcore-ish.. Never really had a problem with it. It may not be the best way to max your character, but if you know your stat weights it's the quickest.

Who want's to spend weeks at a time messing with formulas to perfect their toon when they are just going to get a new item next raid and have to redo everything?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]