The Horde, Guilds, and Recruitment.

90 Blood Elf Priest
Heya BT.

If theres anything I've noticed over the past months (years?) its how diminished the guild selection has gotten for those interested in raiding. I remember in Wrath where we had quite a few raiding guilds and there was actual friendly competition for bosses. Nowadays, we have Catalyst. And thats about it... as for 25 mans, anyway.

The 10 man scene only has a small handful of guilds, and even then fall behind or sometimes collapse due to one simple thing; recruitment. Never have I realized just how hard it was to recruit people on the Fundra until recently. Those that come here wanting to raid usually only go for the top options, and for the Horde, thats maybe 2 guilds at most. Therefore we have this conundrum where smaller raiding guilds are in dire need of raiders but cannot find any due to the larger guilds vacuuming them all up. But can I blame them?

Not really.

I suppose its to this end where I disfavor BT, but I understand why it is this way. The Horde isn't as strong and numerous as it used to be. People have left or swapped to the Alliance, and as such have killed our numbers. Then we have to resort to other methods of recruitment... off server and 'poaching', both of which are extremely disappointing. As sad as it sounds, I do not want to drag players to raid on BT in the case that the raid team collapses and they're left with little options. Poaching is a scumbag move but some raid leaders have been driven to it out of desperation.

Blah.

I dunno. CSP's raid team has collapsed due to the infamous IRL monster consuming a few of our lives, and although a few of us that remain still want to press on, we just don't have the people. And quite frankly, after seeing comrades leave us for better, more reliable options, I've lost the will.

Hooplah. What do you folks think? This is mostly a curiosity thread anyway.
Edited by Maliel on 3/31/2013 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Daily burn outs, the "guild level system" from Cata, making everyone want ot be in high lvl guilds, so it's hard to new guilds to start and get anywhere, regardless of how "easy" Blizz made then guilds level.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I disagree! Nobody talks to anyone anymore, and the guild finder is the stupidest tool I have had the pleasure of experiencing in this game. Big guilds get attention because people figure there are more options there, often very wrongly. So how does one find these smaller guilds?? The answer is they don't! People used to actually talk to you to find out who the heck you were and what you are interested in. Now it's just invite spam, good luck trying to figure out who may be fun for your style of play, and who is just a clique of shiii.......shut your mouth. My first guild's leaders actually saw my unguilded behind by the side of the road and invited me to come run a dungeon, and spent maybe 30 minutes helping me get up to speed. These days you are lucky if your guild responds to a hello in chat.
Reply Quote
Agreed with Xikar.

Abnd real life is really really dumb
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ah, good points. I never really considered guilds being harder to find, but when I think about it, it actually seems obvious, haha. The guild finder tidbit made me chuckle... I honestly forgot that existed. :/

Good points from my Pandaren friends. And the cow with IRL kicking their bum.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I do go through the guild finder. And I do try to at least send mail to any older players returning to let them know they are welcome even if I am not on personally. I think so many auto invite programs make it hard. I have had people decline, then say "Oh wait, your a real person"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Agreed with Xikar.

Abnd real life is really really dumb

funfax: apparently comcast is ranked lower for customer service than the IRS.

maybe if some of the small guilds on BT didnt have gawd awful names more people would join them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I do go through the guild finder. And I do try to at least send mail to any older players returning to let them know they are welcome even if I am not on personally. I think so many auto invite programs make it hard. I have had people decline, then say "Oh wait, your a real person"

There's auto invite programs?

Blizz needs to ban that !@#$, it's %^-*ing annoying on alts!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/31/2013 08:20 PMPosted by Tennetty

There's auto invite programs?

Blizz needs to ban that !@#$, it's %^-*ing annoying on alts!

yeah, its essentially just a spam bot that invites unguilded people and sends them some generic recruitment message.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
One thing I would encourage is to do more pugging via Trade/LFG/Yell channels.

The Looking for Dungeon tool is great for convenience sake, but I think it's made more people forget there's plenty of opportunity to find good players to group with without it. I think if we start encouraging that as a community, we'll start finding some more competition amongst guilds.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
If you ask other guilds if they have people available to go, I am sure you would get more help and have an easier time getting a fill in then trying to get people to leave their guilds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]