Best Survival and BM hunter glyphs?

Self-explanatory title. Thanks for any help.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
For what? Leveling, raiding or PvP?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
there are currently 0 glyphs that create a direct change in dps, so there is no 'Best" glyphs. Now, if you were asking what are good glyphs for X someone might be able to help you.

Edit: wait, there are 2, one reduces damage for a knockback and the other adds crit if certain conditions are met (which are not always possible)
Edited by Coren on 3/30/2013 11:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I guess the title wasn't as self-explanatory as i thought. BM for leveling and Survival for PvP.
Reply Quote
62 Worgen Warrior
Survival for PvP.

Might
want...to...reconsider the order there.
SV is pretty trash in pvp.
inb4 anecdotal stories about how people got 2.2k/multiglad with sv
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
You should invest in Glyph of Explosive Trap. It changes it so you don't have a lasting aoe on the ground, but it will now knockback when triggered. Glyph of Mirrored Blades is good against casters. Glyph of Masters Call is nice against teams with heavy cc.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
I guess the title wasn't as self-explanatory as i thought. BM for leveling and Survival for PvP.
For leveling any spec I'd say, Animal Bond, Mending and Heal Pet for majors, Fetch, Aspect of the Beast and Tame Pet. SV PvP is ROFLMAO!

You should invest in Glyph of Explosive Trap. It changes it so you don't have a lasting aoe on the ground, but it will now knockback when triggered. Glyph of Mirrored Blades is good against casters. Glyph of Masters Call is nice against teams with heavy cc.
I like these.
Reply Quote
Animal Bond, Mending and Heal Pet for majors

I'd go Pathfinding over Mend Pet when levelling. Not many things put debuffs on your pet these days. Liberation might be a good alternate choice over Animal Bond, too, for levelling -- when you're solo, you don't get many heals that benefit from Animal Bond.
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
Pathfinding is useless and here's why.

You get a mount four levels before you get Aspect of the Cheetah
Running at +34% is not that much better than +30%
Any Guild level 3 and up will already have a +10% Mount increase

I chose those glyphs more for the solo aspect of the game. Most players do not spend their entire leveling experience in BGs or 5-mans. Even then there is a long wait where you are better off questing while in que.
Reply Quote

It's actually 38%, not 34%. Personally, I use Cheetah quite a bit when running around inside or when moving from one quest object/mob to another. If you actually use Cheetah while soloing, glyphing Pathfinding is absolutely not a waste. You might not like it personally, but it's not useless.

Oh, another thing I missed... For minors, I assume you meant Aspect of the Cheetah, not Beast?
Reply Quote
8 Goblin Warrior
03/31/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Yuyn

It's actually 38%, not 34%. Personally, I use Cheetah quite a bit when running around inside or when moving from one quest object/mob to another. If you actually use Cheetah while soloing, glyphing Pathfinding is absolutely not a waste. You might not like it personally, but it's not useless.

Oh, another thing I missed... For minors, I assume you meant Aspect of the Cheetah, not Beast?
You are right about it being 8%. I still don't see it as that much of a big deal when you can just mount up. I usually mount if it's far, and rarely go into Cheetah while outside of instances post wipes, AHs and banks. That means that I am rarely in Cheetah and out of Ironhawk. I use Beast for PvP or when ganking is a concern. Yes Pathfinding is a waste when there are better options that provide things like survivablity, mobility and increased damage. Pathfinding should be baseline with a +20% mount speed increase like Crusader and On a Pale Horse but that is a different issue. It's a complete waste when your Guild Perk overrides it with the same mount speed and you are a level when you aggro mobs quickly just by being there.

I chose Mending because it increases the healing done to your pet with Mend Pet, which is needed given that our pets are weak, even more so with the current bug they have now.

Mend Pet removes most debufs, this includes CCs, poisons, curses and so on. With weak pets it offers a better chance that they will survive a beating from caster mobs.

Animal Bond increases healing done to you and your pet, this stacks with all healing.

I chose Aspect of the Beast because it offers utility and since he mentioned PvP. The bulk of the minors in the game are useless. The Cheetah glyph is nice if you use it a lot but most times a leveling Hunter should probably be in Hawk/Ironhawk and on a mount to move 30-22% faster to the next quest spot which may be across the zone.
Edited by Whim on 3/31/2013 10:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]