PTR build: Glyph of Unleashed Lightning

90 Tauren Shaman
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/318887228728279040

Unleashed Lightning going baseline, as per GC's words.

W00t!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
it is baseline,confirmed from GC twitter
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Called it. Next up, Warlocks to have Kil'jaeden's with no penalty.

Just give up on balancing around it and axe it next expansion.
Reply Quote
YES!

Being able to cast on the move while freeing up a glyph slot and getting rid of that godawful cast speed reduction will be the change that lets me play my Elemental Shaman again. In my mediocre gear, my haste isn't high enough to compensate and Lightning Bolt is just slow and horribly sluggish, it bogs down the whole rotation. It feels better without the glyph, but then my mobile dps drops to nothing, so I'm forced to take it. Just this simple change might let me have fun as Elemental again.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
So, i should expect shadow to MF on the move and smite on the move as well, right? I'm assuming we'll see SF/Wrath on the move as well for Balance druids in the appropriate eclipse states as well?

I've said it before, and i'll say it again: Casters should have to stand and cast. This goes the same for hunters now since there is no dead zone barring some of the already instant shots that were in place before fox. Yes, we all have instant spells to work with, but the reason for all the CC is b/c of all the mobility.

I'm really waiting to see how this plays out for other casters as I guarantee you, balance/shadow will be up on the forums standing on soapboxes for a similar change. A class with a 'cast while move' cd gets a baseline spell on the move as well. The logic...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
So, i should expect shadow to MF on the move and smite on the move as well, right? I'm assuming we'll see SF/Wrath on the move as well for Balance druids in the appropriate eclipse states as well?

I've said it before, and i'll say it again: Casters should have to stand and cast. This goes the same for hunters now since there is no dead zone barring some of the already instant shots that were in place before fox. Yes, we all have instant spells to work with, but the reason for all the CC is b/c of all the mobility.

I'm really waiting to see how this plays out for other casters as I guarantee you, balance/shadow will be up on the forums standing on soapboxes for a similar change. A class with a 'cast while move' cd gets a baseline spell on the move as well. The logic...

the glyphs was here since cata ... calm down
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

The whole point of it is that they know some classes can already do everything on the move and are being balanced around it. They're simply removing the minor restriction on it like they did to Hunters before they axe it entirely for both of us next expansion.
Edited by Bullettime on 4/1/2013 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

Every ele shaman in all areas of the game since 4.1 or whenever the Glyph was introduced has chosen it, except for cases of extreme situationality (Ultraxion) or extreme stupidity. Really, the net change is Ele shammies get 5% cast speed and a major glyph slot.
Edited by Quard on 4/1/2013 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

The whole point of it is that they know some classes can already do everything on the move and are being balanced around it. They're simply removing the minor restriction on it like they did to Hunters before they axe it entirely for both of us next expansion.

Yeah, but it really just opens the door for the other casters to pander for the same treatment til that goes into effect. Of course, this is just PTR atm so it may change, but I know you understand the implications of what COULD occur from this Bullet.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Yeah, but it really just opens the door for the other casters to pander for the same treatment til that goes into effect. Of course, this is just PTR atm so it may change, but I know you understand the implications of what COULD occur from this Bullet.

nothing will change... dude if you dont know classes and what they had bfo this dont post,just for you Shamans had this glyph since 4.1 patch and this was in cataclysm
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
So you mean enhance can actually be ranged?

Maybe this is my time to shine in rbgs!

Going baseline only for Ele. Resto and Enh are just SOL when it comes to casting LB on the move.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman

So wait - Blizzard mustn't give Shamans anything nice because it might encourage other people to ask for nice things too?

/headdesk.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

nothing will change... dude if you dont know classes and what they had bfo this dont post,just for you Shamans had this glyph since 4.1 patch and this was in cataclysm

Wow, you really aren't bright are you? Don't answer that...it's obvious. I've been on this game since classic with the first ever toon a shammy..that i still have. *gasp* I know right. It's ok.

What i posted dealt with casting on the move in general with the focus staying on what this thread is about, shamans. You and the other shaman just see anything against your ideal and go after it. It's cute, really. Go back and read what was posted before you quote and spew. In fact, just don't post b/c you can't read apparently. For that, I pity you.

On topic: my previous post.... Also, as the other shamans have said, shammys did not need this change at all, and this is going in the wrong way from what shamans do need.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Really, the net change is Ele shammies get 5% cast speed and a major glyph slot.

Cast speed yes, but every elemental and probably enhance will take the new lightning shield glyph. It will be mandatory too.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

So wait - Blizzard mustn't give Shamans anything nice because it might encourage other people to ask for nice things too?

/headdesk.

"Nice things" ? Casters do NOT need to be basically moving turrets. We don't, period....and i'm playing the most turret spec in the game currently, and I still don't want to be able to smite on the move. No sane caster wants this....hell, even locks have been saying against KJC.

Hopefully this is a bad april fool's joke on the notes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ranged should be able to cast while moving with a real performance penalty. Imagine that KJ's Cunning allows you to move, but decreases the spell's damage by 20% if you moved during the cast time. You would only move when absolutely necessary-- and when you have to move, you wouldn't have to stop short, which feels bad. That spell would just do a bit less damage.

KJ's cunning works for all spells, while LB is only one, so the penalty should be lower. If you move while casting LB, its cast time increases by 10%. Not all the time, only when you move. You wouldn't want to move. But when you had to, you could.

Many other ranged specs already have different movement priorities with instant-cast spells. Balance can spam moonfire, and that was actually supported for a time. Mages have ice lance and scorch, warlocks have that instant-cast fel fire spell (forget the name), hunters had aspect of the fox, shadow spammed the old devouring plague, etc. They could revisit those as well.

What I'm getting at here is that there are more choices than a) everybody can move with effectively zero penalty and b) nobody can move at all.
Edited by Slant on 4/1/2013 10:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Called it. Next up, Warlocks to have Kil'jaeden's with no penalty.

Just give up on balancing around it and axe it next expansion.

They have a good reason to call people Huntards because you fit the description perfectly with that statement.

You want to share on the idea that ranged should not be able to move whatsoever? Ok, fine then. Mages, priests, boomkins, and elementals can't move while casting. Then the same should go for both locks and hunters. Your instant spells now have a 0.5 sec cast time.

I'd say give to all instead of give it to none.

Most warlocks agree, notice agree, that KJC gives them a boost a vast majority of the classes do not have. Most warlocks agree, notice again AGREE, that KJC will not be with us next expac.

Wow getting personally attacked. Feels weird since I'm always the one keeping things constructive.

They're going to axe them. Ghostcrawler has even stated many times via the Twitter feed that you obviously don't keep up with that he hates the amount of ranged mobility atm, mainly at Warlocks, Shaman, and Hunters. Even Aspect of the Fox got removed and us being able to be fully mobile with the reasoning of "we heavily dislike doing this but don't have another workable solution yet."

Come next expansion, our mobility is going to be borderline nonexistent. Ranged mobility is going to be the target of many a nerf akin to the mass AoE nerfing in the Cata beta. My point, before you idiotically started insulting me, is that Blizzard is just not going to bother balancing around Unleashed Lightning mobility, much like they gave up on Aspect of the Fox vs Hawk, until the next beta rolls around and they can start axing mechanics.

Ranged being completely mobile is BAD and exacerbates the arms race between melee and range. Hunters should not be as mobile as they are. Neither should Shaman. Or Warlocks. It's a better solution to make us more uniform with mobility instead of adding the same level to everyone else as suddenly that means more instant casts are needed, more melee gap closers/CC, and would make being a melee DPS in PvE more of a disadvantage. As more emphasis on dots, instant casts, and mobility have creeped up in the design of range, melee DPS have becoming more and more obsolete unless they're some massive outlier doing tons of damage (Assass Rogues, Unholy DKs currently.) They make us less mobile, they can start pruning some of the CC and gap closers and making PvP less of a mindless CC fest.

Ghostcrawler is going to gut our mobility. It's coming. And it honestly needs to in order to keep the balance between melee and ranged DPS and keep both with pros and cons.
Edited by Bullettime on 4/1/2013 11:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Why can't I just have 10% dr now D:
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]