A Question of Happiness

90 Human Mage
Hello, my name is Sylixia and I'm here to ask the WoW community for their time and opinion. This survey is for analyzing how players feel about their home servers and communities. I'm trying to find a correlation between server size, community and how happy players are. This survey is for a Psychology class at my university. Thank you for your time, and I hope to get many responses! (Short answers would be very much appreciated!)

1. What faction are you? (Horde, Alliance)

2. How are the factions balanced? (Alliance heavy, Horde heavy, about even?)

3. How populated do you think this server is? (Scale of 1-10, 10 being locked server and 1 being deserted.)

4. How happy are you with this server? (Scale of 1-10, 10 being extremely content and 1 being extremely unhappy.)

5. What makes you like/dislike this server? If you transferred to here, why did you transfer?

6. What do you think of the community of this server? (Scale of 1-10, 10 being very close-knit and 1 being "I don't know anyone".)

7. Have you thought about moving? Why?

8. Are you in a guild? (Yes/No)

9. Why did you join this guild?

10. Are you happy with your guild? (Scale of 1-10, 10 being extremely content and 1 being extremely unhappy.)

11. Is your guild small or large? (scale of 1-10, 10 being large and 1 being small.)

12. Why do/don't you like your guild? Have you thought about leaving? Why?

13. Any comments on what you would change in the server/community?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Oh this should be fun...

I am answering based on my experiences before I transferred off which was mid to late s12...

1. Alliance

2. Horde heavy

3. 3 (If you all think I'm being generous please check the server Warsong-US...you will LOL all day)

4. 1

5. Used to be good. Now just a bunch of bads everywhere that need to L2 social and stop
mirin'. The only part I liked was the close knit community of well known players, and the rivalries/friendships that formed because of it.

6. Tough question tbh because there are always just a bunch of randoms, but there are also the well known players everyone knows (Everyone knows Scharfe and obvs loves him <3 ) So prob like a 7-8. The rivalries were fun while they lasted. Kinda died off when people quit and CRZ was introduced.

7. Lol ya already did. The server had nothing left. Even when I played heavily I couldn't find partners for a viable team composition in arena.

8. Yes, on Nathrezim a bunch of us, the better/well known players on alliance, made a guild for ourselves since there were no good ones that PvP'd to the standards we wanted.

9. ^^ All the previous guilds were strictly bad or social/casual.

10. 10, I was very happy.

11. Small, was only maybe 10-15 active players. Rest were alts or players who didn't play as regularly as us.

12. I liked it because it was finally a group of players that all had the same interest/expectations in the game.

13. Just make it more populated. With more people comes more opportunity. The more opportunity the more success. The more success the more fun/enjoyment people have with the game...Yes I can get quite deep brah

Also this is coming from the perspective of a player who was probably more hardcore focused towards success in the game in PvP than most people on the server.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1. What faction are you? (Horde, Alliance)

Alliance

2. How are the factions balanced? (Alliance heavy, Horde heavy, about even?)

More horde heavy than alliance heavy

3. How populated do you think this server is? (Scale of 1-10, 10 being locked server and 1 being deserted.)

I'd say 2 (Warsong being a 1 and Tichondrius being a 10)

4. How happy are you with this server? (Scale of 1-10, 10 being extremely content and 1 being extremely unhappy.)

5. What makes you like/dislike this server? If you transferred to here, why did you transfer?

The population is so low it's next to impossible to do any serious PvP or even PvE.

6. What do you think of the community of this server? (Scale of 1-10, 10 being very close-knit and 1 being "I don't know anyone".)

4. Most of the social people left the server, there are a bunch of randoms now.

7. Have you thought about moving? Why?

Already transfered on a toon because the server population is just so bad.

8. Are you in a guild? (Yes/No)

yes

9. Why did you join this guild?

We created the guild because there weren't any other PvP guilds on alliance...

10. Are you happy with your guild? (Scale of 1-10, 10 being extremely content and 1 being extremely unhappy.)

11. Is your guild small or large? (scale of 1-10, 10 being large and 1 being small.)

3. (didn't even have enough people to do a 10man raid.)

12. Why do/don't you like your guild? Have you thought about leaving? Why?

liked it because it had the the few alliance players that were good. disliked it because it was so small. Never would have left because there would be nowhere to go...

13. Any comments on what you would change in the server/community?

If the server had more players that were good at the game...
Edited by Fedas on 4/2/2013 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
#realtalk
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
lol I almost spit my coffee all over when I read Scharfe's 5
Edited by Lital on 4/4/2013 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]